2009 Audi A6

Based on 171 Ratings for the 2005 - 2011 models.

The A6 is the best car I have owner to date!

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, confortable and lots of leg room!"

Cons: "None that I have found."

"I bought my A6 as a certified pre-owned car. I have put 110,000 miles on this car and every mile has been nothing short of fantastic! I have made long road trips and it is just awesome for trips. I always arrive rested and relaxed. The car handles extremely well and rides nicely over the road. I have never been stranded with this car and have recommended them to many people. I found the fit and finish to be much better than BMW or Mercedes. The car is just as tight and rattle free with 127,000 plus miles on it as when it was new."

Great comfortable ride, had lot's of issues

By on Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pros: "Great smooth ride,excellent with snows"

Cons: "Way too many problems for $48,000 car"

"Always serviced at Audi!! 14 months after owning this car the leather seats began to crack, by this time I had replaced two or 3 window switches, at 52,000 miles it needed a transmission Audi US, not dealer paid 1/2 so my share was $3500. Replaced a few more window switches. Sometimes window would not roll up. At 105,000 miles was told I needed new valve stem sensors for $1100.00 Rode around with bad valve stems, got a flat bought all new snow tires ($1200) at 114,000 miles and got Valve stems replaced, worked for 7 miles. (Only work not done at Audi) Now car does not always start, it let me down 3 out of 5 times gives me error message "take weight off steering" not in the manual and two Audi dealers never heard of the message. Love the car loved the ride just not 100% not dependable at this age. Going to trade it in, will get poor trade in because of valve stem problem and not sure if it will start. 116,000 Miles Bye Bye Audi. Back to Volvo!"

Great car, fun to drive, some electrical issues

By on Thursday, January 28, 2010

"Great style, fun to drive, awesome in the snow. I love to ski and it is so easy to get three sets of skis in this car with three passengers and they love the rear heated seats. I've had a issues with the steering column, center console handle, ignition coils and software upgrades but all have been take care of by the dealership under the warranty. I currently have a 2004 BMW 330Ci too and it also had multiple issues right from the dealership so after everything I've been through with both cars they are about equal but my opinion is the Audi is more refined/intelligent and is holding up better than the BMW."

best,most trouble free car I've owned

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "disc player in glove box"

"this is the 4th A6 I have owned and the only thing I don't like is the 50 miles to the dealer. I switched to the V6 from the V8 when I bought this model and could only tell the difference if when I had to "floor it", which is never - now that I'm in my 60's."

A Very Good Car

By on Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"We've had excellent luck with our A6. It has worked perfectly and it's very easy to drive. 64k miles, and it runs like new. I have two criticisms: 1. The transmission has no happy medium. In Drive, the gearing is too tall; in Sport, it stays in gear too long. Our 2010 BMW 535i has about the same horsepower, but the auto transmission is perfectly pitched for responsive driving. 2. The ride is a bit bumpy for a car of this class. Again, the BMW has a better ride, without sacrificing road feel. Despite these quibbles, I actually like driving the Audi more than the BMW. The Audi has a more comfortable steering wheel and a lighter steering effort; driving the BMW is more like work. (I'm not saying that the Audi is BETTER or worse than the BMW, just that it seems to require less physical effort to drive.) The fit and finish are fine, and indeed artistic. An airplane-wing motif throughout the car - window shapes, guages, glovebox door, ties it all together in a way that subtly says "attention to detail." The steering wheel controls are the best I've seen - buttons and knurled thumb-wheels for selecting stations, phone numbers, etc. An info display directly above the wheel saves glances over at the main MMI screen. Fuel economy has been excellent for an 8 - better than the newer BMW 6. 25 mpg is typical on the highway, and around town isn't bad either."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A6 near Honolulu. See local deals