2008 Audi A6

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2005 - 2011 models.

The A6 is the best car I have owner to date!

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, confortable and lots of leg room!"

Cons: "None that I have found."

"I bought my A6 as a certified pre-owned car. I have put 110,000 miles on this car and every mile has been nothing short of fantastic! I have made long road trips and it is just awesome for trips. I always arrive rested and relaxed. The car handles extremely well and rides nicely over the road. I have never been stranded with this car and have recommended them to many people. I found the fit and finish to be much better than BMW or Mercedes. The car is just as tight and rattle free with 127,000 plus miles on it as when it was new."

Still Outstanding

By on Saturday, November 12, 2016

Pros: "Quattro AWD, interior, style"

Cons: "Maintenance costs,"

"This is an update of my review from 2015, with the issues I have experienced. I now have driven my 2007 A6 from 69,000 miles to 103,000 miles. It has not been a daily driver and has spent a significant amount of time covered in a garage over the last 2 years. Here are some maintenance items to consider around this mileage. You will have issues with the tail light assembly getting moisture inside and occasionally shorting out the brake light. You can replace the tail light assembly pretty easily. You will find that Audi likes to use plastic components on top of the engine block, for example the thermostat assembly. Plastic is more susceptible to temperature extremes and this part will likely have issues with the gasket and/or the plastic itself around 100,000 miles. The thermostat assembly is in a location requiring the top of the engine to be removed in order to access it. So, a $100 thermostat assembly replacement requires 4+ hours of labor. It is pretty critical that you follow the regular maintenance schedule with this car. Issues such as timing belts, and other common maintenance items will be replaced with the regularly scheduled maintenance. I also have a one of the door speakers that needs replaced. If you run RainX washer fluid, your washer level sensor will go bad. Overall, this is still a fantastic car. The only downside is some extra maintenance costs which can be minimized by sticking to the regular maintenance schedule."

King of the Road

By on Thursday, May 26, 2016

Pros: "Drives like a champion."

Cons: "Avg mpg 23."

"Stable, supple and comfortable at speed; takes curves like on rails. Excellent audio and nav systems.... PLUS the 2011 models have a FULL SIZE SPARE!"

best,most trouble free car I've owned

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "disc player in glove box"

"this is the 4th A6 I have owned and the only thing I don't like is the 50 miles to the dealer. I switched to the V6 from the V8 when I bought this model and could only tell the difference if when I had to "floor it", which is never - now that I'm in my 60's."

Great comfortable ride, had lot's of issues

By on Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pros: "Great smooth ride,excellent with snows"

Cons: "Way too many problems for $48,000 car"

"Always serviced at Audi!! 14 months after owning this car the leather seats began to crack, by this time I had replaced two or 3 window switches, at 52,000 miles it needed a transmission Audi US, not dealer paid 1/2 so my share was $3500. Replaced a few more window switches. Sometimes window would not roll up. At 105,000 miles was told I needed new valve stem sensors for $1100.00 Rode around with bad valve stems, got a flat bought all new snow tires ($1200) at 114,000 miles and got Valve stems replaced, worked for 7 miles. (Only work not done at Audi) Now car does not always start, it let me down 3 out of 5 times gives me error message "take weight off steering" not in the manual and two Audi dealers never heard of the message. Love the car loved the ride just not 100% not dependable at this age. Going to trade it in, will get poor trade in because of valve stem problem and not sure if it will start. 116,000 Miles Bye Bye Audi. Back to Volvo!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A6 near Honolulu. See local deals