ZIP code

2016 Audi A5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,170 - $39,155.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 06/29/2017

10/8.4

Based on 100 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

By on Friday, January 13, 2017

Pros: "Looks, quality, handling, reliability, fun factor"

Cons: "Back seat, low end acceleration, 4 cyl sounds"

"This is my 4th Audi - my first A5. It's been very reliable and has very sexy coupe looks. It's Turbo charged 2.0l 4 cyl has adequate power for most cases, there is a bit of lag on initial acceleration, but once the Turbo gets going around 3K RPM it's got more than enough power. The sounds are typical 4 cyl so don't expect American V8 baritones emanating from the exhaust. It handles excellent - typical German dynamics. The back seats are OK for young kids but it's very tight for adults so if you have older kids stick with the 4 door A4 else you will here mucho whining. The trunk is nice size for a coupe (the convertible version though not so much since the top uses much of the trunk space). The interior quality and feel is fantastic. If you want low end torque and violent acceleration off the line and don't mind lower gas mileage and significantly higher cost then go with the S5, but to me the A5 fits the bill since I don't need drag racer acceleration and want decent gas mileage and comfort. SO, IF you want adequate acceleration, excellent handling, fantastic sexy looks, don't need a comfortable back seat for adults, want high quality and reliability and Audi panache, then I highly recommend the A5."

Best car I have ever owned. I would buy another.

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2016

"Handles beautifully and is great to look at. Yes, it is a little expensive, but that is made up by its reliability and comfort."

Best car ever

By on Friday, August 19, 2016

"The A5 is gorgeous to look at and fabulous to drive. All of my passengers compliment the ride. B and O sound system has tremendous sound, easy to use navigation system and Audi connect is amazing."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Great handling, unbelievable fuel economy, and a beautiful car."

"This is one of the most beautiful cars on the road. I've never owned a car that got this much attention. People constantly coming up and asking me about it. The biggest surprise is the consistant 35 mpg I get on the highway at speeds up to 80 mph. At slower speeds (65-75) I get as much as 37 mpg. This is with the 3.2 6 cylinder engine. Not to mention the great handling. A fabulous automobile!"

Don't buy the 2.0T engine!

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Absolutely fun to drive, looks great."

Cons: "Poor Audi support, dealers very inconsistent."

"Bought this car with 52,000 miles on it. In 11,000 miles of driving, oil usage went from 1qt./1800 miles to 1 qt./650 miles!! Audi stonewalled us until the usage hit 650 miles. Replaced pistons and rings under warranty. Discovered that the water pump was leaking during rebuild. Based on sludge buildup, had been leaking since we purchased, and this was a fully certified Audi! Cost us $85 deductible. Five days after getting the car back from rebuild, it sat out overnight in an all night rain. The next morning, the driver's seat was soaked, door pocket full of water, floor soaked. While driving, a pencil sized stream of water was running onto my left leg. Back in the shop, top adjusted and re-insulated. Three days after top adjustment, started losing coolant. Took car in, new water pump gasket had a low spot, had to be replaced. In less than six months of ownership, this car was in the shop 15% of the time we owned it. Our only salvation was that the 3rd Audi dealer we went to fixed everything, and treated us like their own customer. If they were located where we lived, might buy another Audi. Otherwise, wouldn't touch one again."