2016 Audi A5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $37,336 - $39,729.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 02/23/2017

10/8.4

Based on 99 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

Best car ever

By on Friday, August 19, 2016

"The A5 is gorgeous to look at and fabulous to drive. All of my passengers compliment the ride. B and O sound system has tremendous sound, easy to use navigation system and Audi connect is amazing."

Fast and reliable

By on Sunday, November 27, 2016

Pros: "Convertible top with windscreen up is perfection."

"I love this car. It's fast and sleek. Hugs the corners and is great in the snow. I use the convertible top down to 30 degrees. Will always buy Audi."

Don't buy the 2.0T engine!

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Absolutely fun to drive, looks great."

Cons: "Poor Audi support, dealers very inconsistent."

"Bought this car with 52,000 miles on it. In 11,000 miles of driving, oil usage went from 1qt./1800 miles to 1 qt./650 miles!! Audi stonewalled us until the usage hit 650 miles. Replaced pistons and rings under warranty. Discovered that the water pump was leaking during rebuild. Based on sludge buildup, had been leaking since we purchased, and this was a fully certified Audi! Cost us $85 deductible. Five days after getting the car back from rebuild, it sat out overnight in an all night rain. The next morning, the driver's seat was soaked, door pocket full of water, floor soaked. While driving, a pencil sized stream of water was running onto my left leg. Back in the shop, top adjusted and re-insulated. Three days after top adjustment, started losing coolant. Took car in, new water pump gasket had a low spot, had to be replaced. In less than six months of ownership, this car was in the shop 15% of the time we owned it. Our only salvation was that the 3rd Audi dealer we went to fixed everything, and treated us like their own customer. If they were located where we lived, might buy another Audi. Otherwise, wouldn't touch one again."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Great handling, unbelievable fuel economy, and a beautiful car."

"This is one of the most beautiful cars on the road. I've never owned a car that got this much attention. People constantly coming up and asking me about it. The biggest surprise is the consistant 35 mpg I get on the highway at speeds up to 80 mph. At slower speeds (65-75) I get as much as 37 mpg. This is with the 3.2 6 cylinder engine. Not to mention the great handling. A fabulous automobile!"

Best high end everyday car you can buy!

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "only converti w/ rear drop seats"

Cons: "slightly underpowered compared to the competition!"

"I was in the market for a convertible vehicle and came across this. I compared many cars and narrowed it down to the A5 s-line prestige quattro cabriolet. Unlike the competition this car gets close to 30 mpg (others ranged in the high teens to low 20's). Also living in NY I needed an all wheel drive. This is the only 4 seat convertible to have all wheel drive. next since it is my everyday car i needed a big trunk and this has the largest in the market and is the only convertible to have rear drop seats. Finally, the s-line package makes the car look amazing. all in all this car is the nicest car out there. Plus the drive is amazing. the car handles like a porsche (one of my previous vehicles, so i can speak from experience). The only issue I have is the 0-60 speed. its a little slower than i would like but the smaller engine gives me the better gas mileage. As a commuter that was something i was looking for. If you want more power go for the s5 but you will spend more to service the vehicle, more when replacing the brakes and more for insurance as well as get a lower mpg."