2008 Audi A5

Based on 101 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

By on Friday, January 13, 2017

Pros: "Looks, quality, handling, reliability, fun factor"

Cons: "Back seat, low end acceleration, 4 cyl sounds"

"This is my 4th Audi - my first A5. It's been very reliable and has very sexy coupe looks. It's Turbo charged 2.0l 4 cyl has adequate power for most cases, there is a bit of lag on initial acceleration, but once the Turbo gets going around 3K RPM it's got more than enough power. The sounds are typical 4 cyl so don't expect American V8 baritones emanating from the exhaust. It handles excellent - typical German dynamics. The back seats are OK for young kids but it's very tight for adults so if you have older kids stick with the 4 door A4 else you will here mucho whining. The trunk is nice size for a coupe (the convertible version though not so much since the top uses much of the trunk space). The interior quality and feel is fantastic. If you want low end torque and violent acceleration off the line and don't mind lower gas mileage and significantly higher cost then go with the S5, but to me the A5 fits the bill since I don't need drag racer acceleration and want decent gas mileage and comfort. SO, IF you want adequate acceleration, excellent handling, fantastic sexy looks, don't need a comfortable back seat for adults, want high quality and reliability and Audi panache, then I highly recommend the A5."

Best car I have ever owned. I would buy another.

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2016

"Handles beautifully and is great to look at. Yes, it is a little expensive, but that is made up by its reliability and comfort."

Best car ever

By on Friday, August 19, 2016

"The A5 is gorgeous to look at and fabulous to drive. All of my passengers compliment the ride. B and O sound system has tremendous sound, easy to use navigation system and Audi connect is amazing."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Great handling, unbelievable fuel economy, and a beautiful car."

"This is one of the most beautiful cars on the road. I've never owned a car that got this much attention. People constantly coming up and asking me about it. The biggest surprise is the consistant 35 mpg I get on the highway at speeds up to 80 mph. At slower speeds (65-75) I get as much as 37 mpg. This is with the 3.2 6 cylinder engine. Not to mention the great handling. A fabulous automobile!"

Best high end everyday car you can buy!

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "only converti w/ rear drop seats"

Cons: "slightly underpowered compared to the competition!"

"I was in the market for a convertible vehicle and came across this. I compared many cars and narrowed it down to the A5 s-line prestige quattro cabriolet. Unlike the competition this car gets close to 30 mpg (others ranged in the high teens to low 20's). Also living in NY I needed an all wheel drive. This is the only 4 seat convertible to have all wheel drive. next since it is my everyday car i needed a big trunk and this has the largest in the market and is the only convertible to have rear drop seats. Finally, the s-line package makes the car look amazing. all in all this car is the nicest car out there. Plus the drive is amazing. the car handles like a porsche (one of my previous vehicles, so i can speak from experience). The only issue I have is the 0-60 speed. its a little slower than i would like but the smaller engine gives me the better gas mileage. As a commuter that was something i was looking for. If you want more power go for the s5 but you will spend more to service the vehicle, more when replacing the brakes and more for insurance as well as get a lower mpg."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A5 near Honolulu. See local deals