2012 Audi A4

Based on 145 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

Don't Buy Audis

By on Thursday, October 22, 2009

"I was a long time owner of Audi A4 and can definitely give good account of my experience because I drove this car for 6 years. My advice to those looking to buy is - if you plan to sell it by the time it reaches 4ok mileage, go ahead and buy it but if you plan to drive any longer, BEWARE. This car (and for that matter most of the German luxury cars) won't hold good resell value on long mileage. I absolutely loved my car when it did not have any issues and experience of driving was great. However, there are too many issues in this car and extremely expensive to maintain. I will give you some keywords that you can google yourself and find out yourself for Audi A4s - 1. TCM Problem (Tranmission Control Module/Unit) 2. PRND light blinking 3. Oil Sludge Problem 4. Alternator problem 5. Sensor (motion sensor) problem 6. Timing belt problem Be sure to look up these problems before buying. Each costs 1k-5k for the repair. I absolutely loved to drive this car but gave too many problems beyond 40k mileage."

This car will leave you broke with repairs

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

I own this car
Reason: mechanical failures - My approximate mileage is 96,000

Pros: "Good exterior design."

Cons: "No reliability of the mechanical components."

"I bought a new A4 2006 2.0T with CVT transmission. 8 years, 96,000 miles, and $40,000, my vehicle is no longer working. Any potential buyer, should look beyond the exterior design of the car, and instead look for consumer reports regarding recalls,records of common mechanical failures, class action lawsuits, and auto forum opinions regarding customer service. Had to drive the car with a unbearably noisy and defective intake camshaft, camshaft follower, and high fuel pressure pump for months before Audi would replace them under an "extended warranty." Worst of all, despite regular care and maintenance, my transmission broke down. It can't be repaired. Cost: $6,572. Car is history. Lost my investment."

Very spirited car

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"09 A4 2.0T CVT Prem Plus Quartz Gry. Terrific styling with an equal balance of handling and performance to please the enthusist. MPG, saftey, features & opts are solid, only sedan w/ a D pillar. 2-Tone gray interior is best out of other sedans tested. Love the lane change tap w/ side mirror LED's. Multitronic CVT proves powerful, mechanical and engine notes (DFI techno) make me smile. All around a spirited and sporty car."

Very Comfortable

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"The overall car is very good. The headlights are expensive to replace, I have only had one of the headlights go bad on me. Also the rear speakers went out at 54000 miles. Also never use brass high pressure valve stem covers. They somehow welded themselves to my valve stems and I had to replace all 4 with their sensors which was approximately $400 just for those."

In love with this car!

By on Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pros: "Too much to list."

Cons: "Distance for warranty work."

"For me, the first time I sat inside and test drove this vehicle I was sold. I have always had an suv and have considered trading her in for the Merced 350GLK, however every time I get behind the wheel or just look at her I think I must be crazy. She always turns heads! She flies down the highway so smoothly that she feels she's going too slow. Knock on wood, no tickets yet."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A4 near Honolulu. See local deals