2012 Audi A4

Based on 143 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

my 4th A4

By on Thursday, November 17, 2016

Pros: "tenacious grip, fun to drive, a tank in the snow"

Cons: "low, so a little hard to get out of. does burn oil"

"I have owned a 01, 03, 07, and now a 2010 A4. All have been great cars with zero mechanical problems. All 4 have been stick shift, which is the ONLY way this car should be purchased. I get automatics as loaners when I go in for service and it is hard to get the power out of them. I was disheartened when I saw the 2017's released with only an automatic, but see now that Audi has realized the error in their ways on that one. PHEW! That being said, I still won't get the new one. I think they have outpriced themselves on a car that barely looks different on the outside as the previous model and has a blatantly ripped off dashboard design (of a certain german competitor). My final verdict is that this is a great car, especially if you need all season performance."

Best car for Northeast driving conditions.

By on Thursday, March 2, 2017

Pros: "Handling, drivability in poor weather conditions."

Cons: "back seat cramped when carry 3 in the back."

"The quattro with a manual transmission allows total control of the vehicle at all times, in any weather conditions. Cuts through snow like an SUV. Most luxury items come standard, like leather and total cost out the door was considerably less than BMW 3 series or Mercedes C-class."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "Luxury, ride, handling, leather seats standard"

Cons: "No backup camera/keyless entry for premium model"

"Great luxury sedan value. I compared this vehicle to the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes C-class. All had their advantages. I liked the BMW styling the best, the Mercedes had a fantastic interior but the Audi did well in all categories. What finally sold me was the value. For several thousand less, I was able to get a sun roof, NAV, and heated leather seats. Other standard features were options on the other two cars. The ride in the Audi A4 is very luxurious and it sticks to the road in any weather conditions. It is an absolute pleasure to drive and I look forward to any trip. I haven't owned it long enough to comment on reliability or cost of ownership but I did get the maintenance package ($800) which pays for the first four major checkups--good deal. Love this car."

I would buy it again

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"I absolutely love my car. I moved to the city, so I need to sell it, but I hate parting with it. It drives amazing in the snow and rain and I would recommend it to anyone. Comfortable, great sound system and quick pick up."

Great Driving Experience, look deeper though

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

"First off, let me say that yes, this is a terrific car to drive. It does not have much power, but once the turbo kicks in it is great! The legendary Quattro makes you feel like you are stuck to the road. The i-Pod interface is also very user friendly. It is also a head turner. People see you in this car. Pros: - The driving is great. Quattro Grips and goes! - Again, Quattro in the Snow. It is one of the best cars that I have driven in the snow, and I have a Jeep too. You can drive like an animal in the snow and Quattro and Traction Control will keep you inline. - The iPod interface is easy to use. - The steering is nice and light in parking lots but sensitive when it needs to be. - Braking is nice and firm, gives you a lot of confidence in an emergency. My complaints: -IT BURNS OIL! This was a brand new car. It should not burn oil. I have talked to other people and this is a common problem across the lineup. Every 3k miles you have to put a quart in of $8 oil. I can not get a straight answer from the dealers either as to why it burns oil. They just respond with "it is how the engine was designed." - The controls for the heated seats and air are unnecessarily complicated. They did away with the picture of the man and the arrows for the airflow and I still have no idea what the new symbols mean. - Gas mileage is not great for a 2 liter engine. Cruising at 75 MPH you will average about 27. My Acura did 31 and had 70 more HP and 2 more cylinders. - Audi Service is expensive ( $100 for an oil change and tire rotation) - Even when you elect to manually shift, it will shift before the redline for you. I put it in manual, let me decide when I want to shift! - The turbo doesn't kick in until about 3,000 RPM, meaning you feel like you are accelerating in a Toyota Camry for about 2 seconds. I just keep wanting more when I step on it. All that being said, I still really like driving the car, it just seems that the Germans have made this car a little more complicated than it needs to be."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A4 near Honolulu. See local deals