2011 Audi A4

Based on 143 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

This car will leave you broke with repairs

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

I own this car
Reason: mechanical failures - My approximate mileage is 96,000

Pros: "Good exterior design."

Cons: "No reliability of the mechanical components."

"I bought a new A4 2006 2.0T with CVT transmission. 8 years, 96,000 miles, and $40,000, my vehicle is no longer working. Any potential buyer, should look beyond the exterior design of the car, and instead look for consumer reports regarding recalls,records of common mechanical failures, class action lawsuits, and auto forum opinions regarding customer service. Had to drive the car with a unbearably noisy and defective intake camshaft, camshaft follower, and high fuel pressure pump for months before Audi would replace them under an "extended warranty." Worst of all, despite regular care and maintenance, my transmission broke down. It can't be repaired. Cost: $6,572. Car is history. Lost my investment."

A Fun Sports Car

By on Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pros: "Ride, comfort, looks, handling, fun factor, great audio."

Cons: "A bit o' turbo lag."

Open air experience.

"I purchased my 2009 A4 2.0T Cabrio as a CPO. I was drawn to it by the low mileage that, combined with the fact it was a CPO gave me a practically new car with plenty of warranty left over. My car had the Audicare maintenance package, though the dealership tried to sell me another package anyways (never trust the salesman - always do your homework). After years of driving economy cars and pickup trucks, the Audi is a blast. I use it for my daily commute and have had the top down every day that it wasn't too cold and/or rainy except a few times when the mercury hit 98 degrees. The ride, comfort and handling are excellent. It has plenty of get up and go, but don't expect to win any drag races - there's just enough turbo lag to keep the 0-60 time from getting as low as I would like. With the top up it is surprisingly quiet, and with the top down even the wind rush is not very loud. There's obviously more road noise with the top down, but it all seems to come from other vehicles rather than from the Audi itself. Fortunately, the stereo it up to the task of drowning that noise out. The trunk space is generous for a cabriolet of this size and can be increased with the top up. And it is beautiful. When fueling I have had Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, and Camaro owners stop to comment on it. I read several other reviews that mentioned that the car burned a lot of oil and at least intimated that the dealerships were lying when they said that was normal. In fact the owner's manual states that you may need to add a quart of oil every 1200 miles, but that this can vary depending on a number of factors. One of the biggest factors from my experience is driving style. If you are constantly burying the gas pedal in the floor board - especially in sport mode - you will indeed burn more oil. On the other hand, if you are cruising normally and only using that extra power to accelerate into a break in traffic or to pass, you can easily go 5k without having to add oil. I also read several reviews that challenged the EPA mileage estimates and asserted that the computer readout for mileage was inaccurate. I too challenge the EPA estimates because I have EXCEEDED them several times, with my best mileage coming in at about 33 mpg. When I have taken the time to check, the computer readout of my mileage has been fairly accurate if not spot on. I think some folks just like to whine, or maybe they expect that the same driving habits that have them burning copious quarts of oil should still leave them with 30 mpg highway. I haven't had the car a year yet, but I have not had any major or minor maintenance issues. I expect that if I follow the regular maintenance routine in the manual, I should be able to avoid those for years to come (fingers crossed). Bottom line: this is a fun, nimble sports car. It has more pep than a Saab 9-3 and more comfort than any of the small BMW convertibles that I test drove. The comfort and luxury make long drives feel like extended good times and the fuel economy lets you do more driving and less fueling. (It seems this site ignores hard returns in the reviews, so sorry if this looks like a big run-on.)"

Open air experience.

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Interior/Exterior Styling, fun to drive, roomy."

Cons: "reliability."

It is a beauty.

"It is one of the best cars that I have ever owned. It looks great and drives like a charm. But, reliability ironically became an issue as soon as the warranty expired. A few weeks after the warranty expired on my A4, it was in the shop at the Audi dealer for exactly one month and 3 days. But, Audi dealt with it well because they were great to me and my car and they gave me a ridiculously fast loner car. It was an Audi A6 3.0T with a supercharger. As mush fin as the A6 was, I still wanted my A4 back from the shop because I loved it that much. The Audi A4 has to be the best car that I have ever owned."

It is a beauty.

Very good so far

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "Reliable so far, good economy and performance."

Cons: "German premium price and premium gas only!"

"28k miles, computers says avg 28mpg in mixed urban/highway. Gets 31-34 on highway, great pickup and great amenities! Not been to shop for any repair but a sunroof adustment covered under warranty. Origial tires still have 1/3 left of life. Quattro has come a long way since my last one in 03' which ate tires and MPG with 2.7 biturbo got about 24mpg. Very good mix of comfort and sport. I don't have sport package as I have it on our 3 series BMW but would recommend that if you prefer road feel. I like the bit of comfort on this model which is primary my wifes car. Personally I like the lines on the Avant and think the body design is very attractive! We cross shopped it to the Q5 and could not find many reasons to pay for for the Q5 other than sitting a few inch's higher. The Avant has similar interior dimensions but better "Car like" dynamics. Cuz its a CAR! Personal preference I suppose. Very happy with the fit and finish as well. Its why one pays a premium over other brands."

Best premium wagon period

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "See above. Plus fit and finish (excellent)."

Cons: "Radio and comfort controls need work."

"Too bad Audi has stopped making this model, wanting us to upgrade to the AllRoad (a little clumsy looking) or the SUV (a hulk). I've always owned wagons and this was far the best yet. It's handling is superb. The combo of nimble 4-cyl. turbocharged 211-hp engine and 8-speed Tiptronic transmission gets excellent gas mileage yet offers all the power anybody could want. Acceleration at all speeds is quick, powerful, and deeply satisfying. This powertrain, as many have reported, is a work of genius, better than a BMW's in this range. As more car companies downsize to four-cylinder engines, this is the standard they'll want to beat. But they won't."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A4 near Honolulu. See local deals