2000 Audi A4

8.2

Based on 240 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Fantastic car!!

By on Friday, May 4, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good mileage, and looks good."

Cons: "Premium gas, and cup holders are a joke."

"I have owned this car for two years and it is a great little car. It looks good, performs well, and gets good mileage. I have a manual and around town i get 26 or 27 mpg. It corners nicely and overall handles very well. It is also a decently quick car as well. And still an excellent daily driver."

Money to burn

By on Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Bought it used in '05 with 50k miles and car gets great fuel economy, is fun to drive and unbelievably so in the snow(up to 3+feet, just amazing). Problem is upkeep. Everything that goes wrong requires attention by an authorized Audi service agent and the cost of labor alone is pretty high($100+), but parts are simply too expensive. Modules, swing arms, etc, are 100-1000% more than a Lexus IS250. Windows have fallen into doors 9 times in 3 years, fixed at different places each time from $250 to $350 each time. That's well over $2000 just to have operating windows!! They've since all broken and been shimmed. Working windows or a new car? Hmm...On the bright side, no engine problems whatsoever, just everything else!!"

Terrific handling, good power, nice torque--tight!

By on Monday, December 19, 2016

Pros: "VERY fun to drive!"

Cons: "Mileage is not the highest..."

"Very well built car (I can say at this age!) fantastic handling, reliable, sound, quick...good torque. Mileage is just "okay" but does well with a feather foot on the throttle. STILL looks great all these years later, a design of timeless beauty. AWD Quattro system is world renowned and excellent. Good shift feel, accurate steering, taut suspension (I installed Bilstein sport shocks and springs for about 29mm lowering). I do my own auto maintenance and this great machine keeps on going! German engineering has its advantages."

Great but expensive to maintain

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Reason: Money pit

"I've owned the A4 Quattro for about two years. It is a very fun car to drive, looks really nice, and got excellent gas mileage. However, there is always something that has to be wrong with the car. The seat broke on me, after I replaced that, the fuel pump went out, and then the brake light randomly turned on. I saved money by buying the parts online, such as my clutch job that I paid about 700 for, which otherwise the mechanics wanted 1200 for parts and labor. Thankfully I've never had engine gunk problems like many mention, but for some reason I doubt those who do have it, replace their oil with the recommended 5/40w. Overall a great car that can be very easily and cheaply modded to over 220hp, but can also be a money pit if the previous owner did not baby it."

Great Car :D

By on Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, runs great, amazing intrior, comfratable,"

Cons: "costs alot of parts"

"i love this car so much and it runs amazing im just scared that it will cost to much to fix. the car has a little bit of rust just on the lower doors and on the trunk. the motor is in great shape runs amazing. the intiror is great its all black leather and heated seats great heater and AC."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A4 near Honolulu. See local deals