2000 Audi A4

8.2

Based on 240 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Fantastic car!!

By on Friday, May 4, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good mileage, and looks good."

Cons: "Premium gas, and cup holders are a joke."

"I have owned this car for two years and it is a great little car. It looks good, performs well, and gets good mileage. I have a manual and around town i get 26 or 27 mpg. It corners nicely and overall handles very well. It is also a decently quick car as well. And still an excellent daily driver."

This has been a fabulous car!

By on Monday, January 9, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, reliability, power"

Cons: "None......I had to think about this for a while."

"What a wonderful car. I bought it new 14 years ago. Believe it or not, it has never had a major repair; just tune-ups, oil changes, and two timing belts @ 70,000 and 140,000. That doesn't mean a few things haven't gone wrong. The ABS module went bad about five years ago, and I decided the $2500 repair was not worth it. The cruise control sometimes doesn't want to work, but again, it is not enough of a problem to get fixed. Just lately, some electical problems have shown up with the turn indicator and passenger window. They were both fixed for less than $500. That is it on repairs in 14 years! And wow, how fun it is to drive this car; a perfect blend of power, speed, and luxury."

Money to burn

By on Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Bought it used in '05 with 50k miles and car gets great fuel economy, is fun to drive and unbelievably so in the snow(up to 3+feet, just amazing). Problem is upkeep. Everything that goes wrong requires attention by an authorized Audi service agent and the cost of labor alone is pretty high($100+), but parts are simply too expensive. Modules, swing arms, etc, are 100-1000% more than a Lexus IS250. Windows have fallen into doors 9 times in 3 years, fixed at different places each time from $250 to $350 each time. That's well over $2000 just to have operating windows!! They've since all broken and been shimmed. Working windows or a new car? Hmm...On the bright side, no engine problems whatsoever, just everything else!!"

My Favorite Car Ever!

By on Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"I bought my 99 A4 1.8T in 2000. It now has 123,000 mi and is still on the original clutch. I just had it in for its 120K check-up and it needed nothing except normal maintenance and new front brakes. I have had to replace or repair very few things in the almost 9 years I've owned it. I do a lot of highway driving in New England winters and, thanks to Quattro, it holds the road like it's a part of it. My mileage is consistently 25 mpg in mixed driving and over 30 on highway trips. I'm trying to decide whether or not to get a new car before things start to go, but I love this car so much that I can't find another that suits me so well. I would get another A4 in a heartbeat, except they no longer make a manual transmission and I really don't like automatics. I highly recommend A4s!"

Luxury Vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"I read many articles stating numerous issues with Audi. I haven't had any problems with the vehicle since I purchased it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A4 near Honolulu. See local deals