2013 Audi A3

Based on 26 Ratings for the 2013 - 2018 models.

9.7/10

Great car, experience, decision

By on Monday, January 11, 2016

Pros: "Driving experience, stereo, safety, driver assist"

"I want to write this review because I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what car to get and also to justify spending more money that I originally planned to. I looked at a number of SUV’s priced in the high 20’s and low 30’s. Ultimately, I either didn’t like the way they looked or how they drove. Most cars – luxury or otherwise – either were not AWD or just looked boring. Besides the look, I wanted a driving experience and a car that was reliable and safe. According to Consumer Reports, the new A3 has great safety rating and the realiability is suprisingly good. After a ton of research, I took a leap of faith on the reliability after owning Japanese cars to this point. I have owned my car for 6 months so I feel it’s a fair time to write a report. Although it is probably too early to comment on reliability, I can talk to other points. First, the driving experience is pretty amazing. It has great pick up and zips around great. I live in the mountains so going uphill or taking curves is effortless (compared to other cars / SUV’s I have driven or been in). Second, I have now driving in snow a number of times and it feels like vecro is stuck to the tires / road. It handles so well that I couldn’t possibly be happier. I never think twice about road conditions when it comes to this car (of course, you have to worry about other drivers). As for appearance, the car is really sharp. I have gotten my fair share of compliments. The interior is smartly designed – everything makes a lot of sense and it’s easy to navigate. The car heats up / cools off really quickly. The seats are adjustable in a lot of ways and super comfortable. And the interior just looks sharp. The headlights are pretty terrific especially the high beam - both make it much easier to drive at night (I live where streets are not really lit up and tend to be really dark). I ended up with the Premium Plus with the premium stereo and the driver’s assist. Actually, I really wanted the stereo after reading a lot of reviews but the driver assist wasn’t on my ‘radar’. Here is something I learned – not all dealers order the cars the same way. One dealership tried to have me believe that unless I bought the highest end A3 that the radio wouldn’t be an option. Then I went to another dealer to find out that they appreciate good sound and order a lot of their cars with the premium stereo but also a couple other features people might want. He tried to convince me that the driver assist is something I would love as well once I used it. He’s a sales guy – I’m probably not going to believe everything he says. Well, he was right. I love having it as well as the cold weather package (especially but not limited to the seat warmers). Needless to say, to this point I am super happy with my purchase. In the end, I might have spent a little more than I initially had wanted to but it was well worth it all the way around. The driving experience, the amazing stereo sound, the peace of mind, and all the other little things confirm that my research and patience really paid off. I hope my review will help you save some time and answer some questions you might have already had."

Love it - owned the TDI A3 for 4 mos and all good!

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Great drive, great mileage, great style"

Cons: "Pricey upgrades"

"My only regret is not getting a few more options. Didn't want nav so left off some of the finer things in order to save $3-4k or so. Would have liked a few other convenience options but mostly because I left a fully loaded vehicle and got a little spoiled. I commute about 120 miles a couple times a week so the fuel economy more than makes up for missing a few extras. Love the way it drives, and still is the coolest looking fuel saver on the road IMO. Feels very Euro cool and I get lots of compliments from guys and gals across all demographics. I also coach two of my kids' teams so pile lots of coaching gear in the back no problem. I looked at TDI Jetta & Passat, hybrid Lexus hatch and a few others but the full package of the A3 TDI was my favorite and still is."

Legendary Audi Performance for the rest of us.

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Value, safety, comfort"

Cons: "No backup camera"

"I purchased a 2015 A3 Premium 1.8T a few weeks ago and am still pinching myself regarding what I paid. I feel that the value for money here is exceptional. The cabin, while sporting a minimalist approach, is spacious, quiet and comfortable. Traveling from Chattanooga to Atlanta over 117 miles, using cruise control entirely, my A3 realized 38.2 MPG. Coming from a smaller car previously, I find the A3 to be a perfect size. Not too big, not too small, just right. I also like that the car comes with a standard 4 year / 50,000 mile warranty. I cannot rate regarding reliability, but first impressions, and 800 miles in, I'm very satisfied with my purchase. The one surprising omission from this car is the lack of a back-up camera. With Audi's focus on safety, this should be standard."

Solid Feel, Comfortable, Elegant, Confident

By on Friday, September 16, 2016

Pros: "Traction, handling, elegant design, interior feel"

Cons: "Interior storage cubbies are too small"

Day one with the car, I had to take it to Memorial Park for its first photo shoot.

"I've had my A3 2.0T Quattro sedan for 7 months and 15000 miles. First off, the car is regularly complimented as "beautiful". I am drawn to the classic Audi design. The exterior is smooth, flowing, and gorgeous (there are no tacky fake vents, strange angles, deep creases or other fad-inspired styling gimmicks) and this makes it easy to wash the car by hand! The interior design is pure calm, with thoughtful matte finishes, real aluminum accents, and controls which feel great to the touch. All latches and mechanisms feel and sound sturdy. I find the front seats very comfortable (no aches, no squirming around) even on extended highway trips such as travelling from Texas to Florida. The overall performance is satisfying, as the 2.0 turbo and all wheel drive make for a confident driving experience. Tire pressures are supposed to be set at 41 PSI on my model, but 35 PSI provides a greatly improved ride & handling experience. Around town, with stop and go driving, you may notice the DSG transmission has a slight shudder when letting off the brake pedal...to roll forward... but it is normal and can be completely ignored after a few drives. Rear seating is decent, but not a priority for the A3 buyer, though rear seat passengers do get their own AC and heater vents... a very nice touch. This is NOT a big car, and it is not designed to haul growing families and bulky cargo, but I've used it to haul tons of beach gear, dogs, bark mulch, shovels, concrete landscaping pavers, you name it. A car is still a tool, after all! As a final point, my dealer experiences have been superb, with super modern and clean facilities, car wash service, and great staff."

Many advantages, though not without annoyances

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "Great to drive; hatchback versatility"

Cons: "Premium gas; instrumentation design"

"Best thing is the driving experience - it's a little rocketship, with great handling and crisp precise shifting (I own the 6-speed manual). However I find the instrumentation poorly placed and overly complicated. For example the climate controls are way down at knee level, and cramped together at that. While cargo space is ample, the passenger compartment storage leaves something to be desired, with a miniscule glove compartment and no pouches on the seat backs. Another annoyance is that the exterior door handles can only be grasped from underneath. For a "luxury" car I find it disappointing on such points."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A3 near Honolulu. See local deals