2012 Audi A3

Based on 145 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Sophisticated, hi-performance small sport wagon

By on Friday, October 14, 2016

Pros: "Sporty, comfortable, refined, fun to drive"

Cons: "Not as bulletproof as a Honda or a Toyota."

"Acceleration, braking, cornering, clutch action, gearbox are all first rate and extremely refined. I have thoroughly enjoyed this car, more than any other. Solid construction, things go thunk and not clank when they are closed. The car wants you to push it. Also, seats are comfortable, back seats roomy for 6 footers. I'll stop gushing before I get tedious. @75k Miles, it needed all new brakes. @88k miles, a new AC system. other than that, minor issues only. She still wants to go. Note that I have test driven the new series (2015+) and it seems dumbed down to me, less exciting."

Can you catch me?

By on Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"I adore this car. I leased it because I figured I'd be ready for another new car in 2-3 years like I usually am. Nope! I'm going to buy my lease out. It's so well made. The sound when I close the doors gives me a little heart flutter. The torque is divine and the styling is superb. I sought out the 6 speed manual and I'm so glad! It shifts like butter and the clutch is the perfect mix of performance and comfort. I drive in traffic every day but I still wouldn't trade it for an automatic. It's geared so well that I can creep along in first and don't have to ride my brakes."

Practical

By on Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Honestly love this car. I have owned a Porsche in the past but the comfort and how this car drives is much higher to my standards. The comfort, controls, options, are all great. I will be an Audi person for the rest of my life..."

LOVE IT

By on Thursday, February 12, 2009

"I way downsized from an '02 tahoe (that I Loved but couldn't rationalize the money I was spending on fuel) I have always loved Audis from afar though... So when my '07 A3 2.0 showed up gently used at the local dealer (it had been their loner vehicle) I jumped at the chance to test drive it. It was true love. I've had it for about a year - no issues mechanical or otherwise in that time. Had to give her a little oil once but that was so easy - the service department offered to do it free just buy the oil, or just talk me through it over the phone! One flat tire the was rectified almost painlessly since I had opted for the tire and wheel insurance. Audi dealerships and especially the service departments really take care of their customers! All in all its a great car that while on the pricey side provides reliability and driving excitement. Just a warning - look out for the dirty jealous looks from other drivers!"

Totally Lovable

By on Friday, July 25, 2008

"Configure any other small FWD car with the same standard options and you'll be shocked at the price (e.g, MINI Cooper). After more than 2 years and nearly 35k miles, it has been completely trouble-free and reminds me everyday why I love this car. Not the fastest or best handling or cheapest or laden with the most cache, but above average in all those areas and thoroughly fun to drive. The DSG and 2.0TFSI engine conspire to make every shift quick and melodious. Yes, your BMW is probably quicker and your Merc is more luxurious but none are as smile-inducing as this peppy little "sportback." Service has been very good (and free). Time to go for a drive..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A3 near Honolulu. See local deals