2010 Acura TSX

9.3

Based on 171 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Best car for the investment

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"After looking at BMW 3-series, Mercedes C-class, and the new 2009 Acura TSX-Tech package, the TSX gives you the most bang for your buck! I would reccomend this vehicle to anyone looking to jump up to the entry-level luxury car market."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, September 11, 2008

"I bought my 09 TSX (white w/black leather) this past May 08, and I LOVE my car. After I bought my 91 Legend, I have always been an Acura fan. 1) The style, size and comfort was completely redesigned. The seats are very comfortable. The dash was totally revamped. The interior is beautiful. 2) The car comes fully loaded, with or without navigation. 3) The price is good and you get MORE car for your money. 4) It is alot bigger on the inside versus the 08 TSX. 5) The vehicle moves, and is fast. 6) I drive from LA/Corona to Encino Monday through Friday and fill up every 4 1/2 to 5 days, so it is really superb on gas. With the way that gas prices are today, to fill up on Premium fuel is about $68.00. 7) It is a car that turns head for both the young and the old. I have a friend who is 6'5 who is planning on purchasing this car. If I was to have a complaint it would be the Bluetooth system, which is standard. Callers sometimes can not hear me through my speakers, but it's not a big deal since I have a bluetooth for my cell phone. Maybe the navigation/technology package has the better system."

The 08's were great, is the 09 better?

By on Monday, September 8, 2008

"There are few direct similaritites between old and new, like the same engine and price range, but the new 09 TSX stepped up the fit and finish, technology, handling and looks. When Acura redesigns a model they seem to really do their homework in addressing competitive issues and features The safety ratings this car is receiving seems to be best in class. I really like the sound system and the bluetooth connectivity for my phone and audio. I was first interested in the 6speed manual shift but after I drove the auto with paddle shifters, I think the auto would be my pick."

By on Monday, October 13, 2008

By on Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A smart choice

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"In September 2008 I was looking for an entry-luxury sport sedan in the low $30,000 price range. Must-haves included: - Navigation system - Bluetooth - iPod connectivity Given these features were so high on my wish list my preference after driving competitors kept going back to the TSX. -The Lexus IS250 is very well built but has a small back seat and would be too pricey with the Nav system. Plus the Acura's 4-cylinder actually feels quicker than the small 6 in the 250. - The G35 (at the time) had all the engine I wanted but again the price just got too high if I wanted anything but the base model - The BMW 3-series and Mercedes C-Class gave me the same problems with pricing At the end of the day I felt like I was making the "smartest" decision going with the Acura. Some observations after 2 years of ownership and 30,000 miles: - rear brake pads were toast after 20,000 miles. This is common in the TSX's and from my understanding it is more of an engineering trick to get us to buy new brakes at the dealer every few years (remember when rear brakes hardly ever needed servicing?) - overall build quality has held up very well so far, but you will not mistake this for a Lexus over the long term. I've gotten a few small rattles here and there from the rear view mirror, and the driver door lock actuator had to be replaced (under warranty) from a groaning sound - overall things I'm willing to deal with given the low cost of entry - performance around town is "peppy" with the 4-cylinder, and the transmission is very sporty with auto-downshifts and holding the gear in high-revs, but I would certainly consider the new V6 option if the budget permitted - Nav system, Bluetooth, and iPod integration are fantastic and impress many passengers who think the car is more expensive than it is In my opinion, for this kind of money you'd still be hard-pressed to find a car with more features, styling, and reliability than the TSX."

Best looking standard production car on the road

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, loaded with features, best looking"

Cons: "road noise"

"We purchased the 2010 4-cyl model for my son after he graduated from college and we are constantly fighting over who gets to use it. We also own a BMW 3 and a Audi A5 (traded in our Lexus IS). The TSX is hands down much more fun to drive - even more fun than the V6 model because its a harder challenge to keep its performance high. But the TSX 4-cyl has a highly torqued gearing, a high rpm engine and a very fast paddle shift system that - if used properly - will allow you to abuse the road and accelerate to pass like a Kawasaki. We do not baby this car. Yet it holds up well to wear and tear - requiring only a brake pad and air filter change with regular oil service as indicated on dash with some cryptic code that your local Acrura service rep will interpret for you. (Our BMW required a tranny job already). Its sound system is killer - equipped with full separates on doors rear deck, and a dedicated subwoofer - besting anything we heard and test drove. Its also the best looking car on the road till today - the only better looking ones being borderline exotic like the Jaguar and Audi A8. Bluetooth system pairs flawlessly to any cellphone, is voice activated, and controls all music files from the steering wheel. Hellooooo BMW..... Driver seat has memory settings and mine are programmed to move backwards when I open the door - allowing easy entry/exit. Gas cover and trunk are push activated onsite so you don't need to go back into the dam car if you forgot to push the gas/trunk release and the keyfob is still in the ignition. Turning radius excellent - can reverse park from extremely tight angles. Passenger mirror turns down so you can see how close you are to the curb! Lastly, the TSX has the brightest headlights of all vehicles - standard and exotic - ejecting a pure white corona on the road aimed perfectly so it doesn't dazzle the vision of oncoming traffic. (It just spell-binds them). They also stay on when you turn off the engine and exit the car at night so that you're not fumbling around in a suddenly dark garage - helllooo Audi and Benz...."

Good Car, but its not a BMW

By on Sunday, January 23, 2011

"I purchased a 2010 TSX w/Tech in 09/09 for around 31,900, which I thought was a great value. I was coming out of a 2006 BMW 330i with around 85k. I wanted/needed to get a car under warranty, lower cost of ownership, and I really wanted Nav. The Acura is a great value, no doubt about it. However, after owning it for 15 months and placing around 23,000 miles on it, I began to miss the Bimmer. The most annoying issue in the 15 months was one of the must have features-Navigation. Sometimes it was not readable b/c of the glare of the sun or it would freeze up. I would have to pull the car off the road and turn the ignition off to reset it. Needless to say, it was a major pain (This was at least a monthly incident). Dealer suggested cleaning the disk, which seemed to help. Another issue was that the front seat showed excessive wear and I am not a heavyweight. Lastly, (on about 5-6 occasions) the car would not crank on first try. Always on 2nd. I thought this was strange for a brand new car. I like the Acura, but did not love it. I can be somewhat critical with vehicles, so dont let this dissuade you from purchasing. It has great gas mileage and lots of features, but I'm a better fit with the BMW (despite the high cost of ownership.)"

High line car features for a regular price

By on Monday, October 1, 2012

Pros: "Interior quality, handling, steering, audio system"

Cons: "Rear seat room"

"2010 silver Acura TSX 4 cylinder automatic with black leather. First the bad, the rear seating area doesn't have a lot of room, however my son who is 5-10 and about 230 fits back there and tells me "dad, it's fine, the seats are so comfortable" lol. But I think the room is tight. Now the good!!! I have owned this car for three days and I can tell you being a car guy and having been in the business for 10 years, this car is worth the money, which is very little compared to what you get. Many people talk about the domestic mid sized sedan look, however I think this cars snout and rear end set it apart. The xenon headlamps with fog lights are very nice and bright with a crisp line. The headlights never get in the mirror of the car in front of you which I hate. Sitting in the Acura TSX the first thing you notice is the high quality of ALL the materials inside. They didn't skimp on anything. It's well laid out. It feels like your in a well fitted cock pit of a jet plane while seated. Passenger space and leg room are great. All the controls are well placed and easily mastered after a few drives so don't get overwhelmed. The acceleration is fine for a four cylinder and the gas mileage if far better than advertised. I will get over 500 miles on my first tank driving mostly city and normal driving habits. Lifting the hood will verify the quality as it feels like it is made of pure steel. Mostly driving German cars, I enjoy the feel of sturdiness and quality. Acura maintains the Honda reliability and gives you the premium touches that most consumers crave. The switchblade key fob looks very cool and is easy to operate. The steering is amazing and effortless and the handling is very good. Suspension is good and while you feel some bumps the nice seats make up for that. The interior is quite and the premium sound system is plenty for anyone who enjoys music. Love the Bluetooth hookup to my iPhone which is very easy to set up. I'm usually very critical of all cars but really they only bad thing I can find on this car is that in the middle right part of the driver seat it seems to be a bit uncomfortable however the whole seat in general is way above average. I am 6-1 and weigh about 250 so this might be the reason for that. Hope this review helps. Don't forget that Acura has extremely high resale value and when you factor in the quality and reliability, it's a best b in my opinion. Have fun."

On my Second TSX

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "Dependable car with great technology"

"Just traded in my 2006 TSX with 165,000 miles for the 2012. My 2006 was extremely dependable and got great gas milage. Other than regular oil changes had no other major maintenance items in the 5 years that I owned this car. When I purchased my 2012, I also looked at the BMW 3-series, Audi A4, and the Mercedes C class. All provided none of the upgrades that the TSX had in it's base price. To get a similarly equipped model it was at least 10k more in the other brands. I also test drove the new ILX but found it a bit too small, though the ride was nice. I put almost 25k on my car in a year and enjoy the comfort and technology in the Acura. I also have a Acura MDX that my wife drives and loves. PS - I was able to negotiate a $30,500 price for the TSX with the Tech package (inclusive of destination and with the added floor mats, trunk tray, and wheel locks). I recommend emailing dealers in the area and making them an offer."

Great value for price, with flaws

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pros: "Great price, Standard options, Road grip, MPG"

Cons: "Disconnected steering and brake feel, Understeer"

"This car has been pretty much a breeze to own within the 30k miles that i've had it. The only things that you have to watch out for on this car is the rear brake pads. It's been in the shop 3 other times regarding the battery / car dying. That was more the dealership than the car itself. The gas mileage is right on point, if you lighten up on the pedal you can squeeze a lot of MPG from this car on premium. It comes standard with almost everything except the NAV. The xenon lights are great on this car, along with the iPod and Bluetooth if you like technology. The performance is where this car lacks, although it has plentiful power in most situations it lacks low end torque and can feel underpowered sometimes. The steering is horrific and way too loose, it makes the car seem less connected to the road. They should put the tighter TL steering in the TSX! The transmission holds gears sometime and the 5 speed automatic gets busy after 70 mph and revs in the 3000s. The brakes are terrible and inexcusable for a car like this, the stopping distance and pedal feel resembles a large SUV. Other than that, the car is pretty heavy and stable and feels safe. The grip is the strong point for this car, understeer is very strong in curves but the standard tires grip the road with confidence."

Amazing.

By on Sunday, September 12, 2010

"I have had my Acura TSX for about 2 1/2 yrs and its a beauty. I am looking to get a 2010 to upgrade from my 04' and I wouldnt have it any other way then to get another ACURA TSX. I can honestly say that I am in love with my car. I have been to dealerships and researching the newer models for a couple months now and I am positive this car is well worth the money. Its sleek look with soo many features...Leather seats, premium sound, sunroof, back up camara, fog lights, etc etc etc the list can go on and on. I recommend this car to anyone. I will note my reason for the 4 star for proformance...I have had a few minor maintenance issues that all came after i hit 100,000.00 but i guess its all normal with age. Gooo get your Acura guys :)"

Cool tech Car!

By on Monday, June 8, 2009

"Sound system and Nav. are top of the line. Inside is a little small for big guys. 91 oct. gas makes this car run like a small rocket, stay away from the 87 oct. MPG with high Oct is well worth the cost."

Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Bought to go back and forth to work and carry the kids around town. My 3 kids (all under 10) fit nicely in the back seat, but not enough room for long trips. Tons of fun to drive especially in Sport mode or with paddles. The bluetooth, audio features, navi., and other gadgets all work really well. Average ~30 MPG highway, ~23 MPG around town on high grade gas. OK in the snow, but AWD would be a nice addition. 4cyl. is enough power for me and I like the good MPG."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Super fun to drive, great tech, audio, nav system"

Cons: "Wish it had Tiptronic to go with paddle shifters"

"I'm a huge car fan and I have previously owned an Infiniti G35 and a BMW 328i. The 2010 V6 TSX blows them both away in almost every category. First of all, the V6 is powerful and easily outruns the 328 and at least keeps pace with the slightly higher HP G35 due to it being slightly lighter. But where the real value comes in is with that actual way this car is made. It's rock solid. Every part of it is well made with very high quality materials. Parts of the BMW and Infiniti were poorly made or fell apart easily. But the Acura is one of the best made cars I've had or seen. The styling is fantastic and it's sporty, but not overdone. Now to the really important part...the way it drives and handles. I will be honest...after coming from a BMW and Infiniti, I wasn't expecting to be blown away with it. But I was. From the moment I test drove this and drove it onto the highway, I was blown away. It has a slightly heavy (in a good way) but perfectly smooth feel to it and handles incredibly. The acceleration (on the V6 model) is flat out awesome...extremely smooth and extremely fast while maintaining extreme control. I was very surprised at how "attached" to the road you feel seeing as this is a slightly lighter car than I'm used to. The handling is truly impressive and acceleration, especially when using the Paddle Shifters, is quite incredible and will shoot you back in your seat if you put the pedal to the metal. I have the Navigation and Technology package and I couldn't be happier with that either. Everything can be controlled by your voice. And if you don't like using that feature, most things can be controlled by the steering wheel mounted controls, including the Bluetooth system. The Navigation system is nearly flawless. It's DVD based, so yes you do have to update the DVD (149 dollars) every few years (probably 3 times if you keep the car for a decade), but it's SO worth it. Takes virtually NO time to boot up and know where you are. You turn the car on, it loads for about 5 seconds while you are putting your seat belt on and getting ready and before you know it, it's ready, spot on with where you are, and never fails me. It's a very intuitive technology and navigation system and it also has lane assist and reads every thing to you while lowering the music automatically while it's speaking. The tech and nav package also comes with ELS Premium surround sound system. I'm a HUGE audio snob and this system absolutely blows both the Bose and Harmon Kardon systems I've had in previous cars out of the water. It has a built in sub in the back and then 9 other speakers that create one of the most impressive and luxurious sound experiences you've ever had. There is no way you won't be blown away with how incredibly awesome the ELS system is. Other random things I'm very happy with about this car is the quality of the leather, interior accenting, trunk space, HID lights, and memory seats. I can't tell you how much fun this car is. It's the best money I've ever spent and I plan on having this car until it won't drive anymore. And since it's basically a Honda, I know that will be a looooong time from now. It's literally the best car you can buy."

Just bought 2013 TSX

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Very responsive, impressive 4 cylinder"

"I love this car! The outside is very stylish and the interior is beyond basic, very very comfortable. Don't let the 4 cylinder engine turn you away, still has plenty of pick up with great gas mileage! I bought this car because it is very nice is all aspects and acura is known for their reliability. This car is ready for the long haul."

Traded my 2007 TSX for my 2011 TSX

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Good looks, great ride, reliability, and resale"

Cons: "Ride is not as sporty as previous model"

"I owned a 2007 TSX and loved it. When the new car fever came I looked at several other cars but bought a 2011 TSX. I do love this car. The 2011 model feels roomier inside and due to the change in the body style you do feel like it is wider. The ride is quieter and smoother than the 2007 model. So overall I am pleased. Now that I have owned by car for 15 months I will say that the 2007 model was more fun to drive. Maybe the smooth ride in the 2011 model has diminished my feel for the road. That is my only negative comment on the 2011 TSX. I get 1-2 MPG more than I did with my 2007 in city driving. Highway MPG is about the same. Having owned a TSX since 2007 I will say that I have never had to have any repairs done. I have regular maintenance done and there was one very minor recall on my 2007 model that Acura fixed very quickly. Overall this is a high quality car that drives nice and looks good. In a few years I might even buy another TSX."

Excellent Car

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Incredible styling, quality interior, performance"

Cons: "Back Seats tight - good for kids"

Taking Delivery of My New Baby

"After 4 years of research, test drives, and comparisons of various luxury sedans in this class, I decided on leasing a 2014 Acura TSX Special Edition 5 speed. The styling was great, the interior roomy (not in the back, but the kids are still little and fit) and the driving dynamics are comparable to anything in it's class. After test driving other cars in this class, I saw no reason to pass this one up - backed by Honda's Ironclad reliability - this one is a keeper - will buy out before lease ends for sure! If you want a well built, well engineered, and reliable performer with standard features that cost thousands more with the competition- look no further - there is no prestige in overpaying for the overpriced, potentially unreliable competition from across the pond."

Taking Delivery of My New Baby

Still exceeds expectations after owning 6 months

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Front seat comfort, performance, reliability"

Cons: "Small rear doors"

"I purchased a used TSX wagon as a second car for the wife, kids, and dog. The car quickly became the car of choice for the whole family (over the BMW). It combines Honda reliability with Acura cool. Front seat comfort is outstanding, performance of the 2.4 is solid, paddle shifters responsive, xenon lights are great, and the utility is perfect. The only negative is that the rear doors may be a little tight when the kids get older. I rent different cars several times per month. It is always a treat to come home to the Acura."

An absolute joy to drive; MPG fantastic

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "MPG; fun to drive; great value for price"

Cons: "Steering wheel should be motorized........."

"This vehicle is an absolute joy to drive; accelerates like a V6 with gas mileage which puts any 4 cylinder non hybrid to shame. I get 23-24 in the city and up to 37 on the highway. Interior is nicely constructed and convenient. Exterior just sporty enough. Would buy again in a nanosecond......"

Still new after three years

By on Sunday, January 23, 2011

"We bought this car new. After looking at Nissan, Toyota, and BMW 3 series, we liked the Acura for styling, interior features and sporty handling. The vague steering was a problem at first, but it doesn't effect the directional stability of the car. On long drives, the mileage is impressive. We have seen 34 mpg on freeway cruising. It wants premium fuel, but I have put in regular on occasion with out noticing any difference. Service costs are minimal. In three years, we have done the 30,000 service and two other oil changes for a total of $760. That included new brakes on the rear."

Beware: Take a Good, Long Test Drive First

By on Friday, April 22, 2011

"Just bought a 2011 TSX in April. I test drove it on a smooth asphalt highway and was immediately sold on the interior quality, ride and general fit and finish. It handles amazing, steering is tight, responsiveness is what one can expect from a 4 cylinder... ...Now I'm going to sell it...after a week of ownership. Why? Well, I made the mistake of not driving it on a concrete highway or on semi-rough roads. The ride is completely horrible and jarring. Can't even drink coffee while driving on anything but smooth pavement. The car constantly bounces and has no forgiveness. After a 1/2 hour trip, I couldn't wait to get out. I even dread my 8 mile highway commute to the office. The other issue is with tracking. The car refuses to go in a straight line and even the slightest amount of cross wind will cause the car to suddenly jerk in that direction. The vehicle was checked out by the dealer, loaner they gave me drove the same way. I'm coming out of an Audi A6 Quattro 4.2 so I'm not unfamiliar with sportiness. Great suspension for the track, but test drive it on a LOT of different surfaces, especially at high speed before buying. Ask the dealer if you can take it overnight before making a decision. Don't make the same mistake I did."

Best Value in Its Class

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

"Wanted a sports sedan, the first fork in the road--safety; check. The next fork in the road--reliability; that left two cars: the Acura TSX and Lexus IS 250. (I should clarify that I understand that neither the TSX or IS 250 meet the true definition of a sports sedan). The IS 250 underwhelms in ride and handling though is an absolutely gorgeous car! The TSX is the practical alternative in this segment and is much better equipped than the IS 250 at substantially less money. It is quick, handles nicely, and has a good balance between ride and handling. Add high quality materials and fit and finish and this car is awesome! The 4CYL lacks the instant power you may want/need when passing on the highway (I am still getting used to the paddle shifters after having a 3.5 V6), but it is not objectionable. Back seat is small, but this isn't an issue for me as 95% of the time I am the sole driver and my kids are grown. My biggest complaint/dissapointment is that I understand the TSX is being replaced by the ILX--too bad."

Reliable and Sexy -

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "Best value, fun to drive, reliable, roomy, sexy"

Cons: "uncomfortable driver's seat but fixable"

"If you want a reliable car that you can enjoy driving and admiring in your drive way this is it. The 4cyl engine has good pick up, gas mileage is good. High tech interior with the tech package and sporty looks. The rear seats fold down for hauling large items. The car is very versatile. I purchased brand new at the end of 2008 and love the car. It has been EXTREMELY reliable something I researched intensely before purchasing. The car has exceeded my expectations. One hit would be the drivers seat. It was very uncomfortable for me. I almost did not buy the car because of it but with a small seat modification (I paid a seat repair place to add/change the padding). It is perfect. Just drive the car for 20 minutes to confirm the seat works for you. If not, know that for about $800 you can make any seat comfortable. This has been one of the best cars I have ever owned."

Great Wagon!

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Handling, Cargo Room, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Premium Gas, could use more torque"

"Just traded my 2011 TSX Sport Wagon with 42K Miles on it for a 2013 TSX Sport Wagon Tech. Once I hear Acura will no longer make this car after 2013, I went out and got another one, just different color and better equipped. Love this car and so do the 2 dogs (lab and golden)Handles great with decent acceleration. Great gas mileage Have had MANY cars, but never the same one back to back. Love it"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TSX near Honolulu. See local deals