2010 Acura TSX

9.3

Based on 171 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Best car for the investment

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"After looking at BMW 3-series, Mercedes C-class, and the new 2009 Acura TSX-Tech package, the TSX gives you the most bang for your buck! I would reccomend this vehicle to anyone looking to jump up to the entry-level luxury car market."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, September 11, 2008

"I bought my 09 TSX (white w/black leather) this past May 08, and I LOVE my car. After I bought my 91 Legend, I have always been an Acura fan. 1) The style, size and comfort was completely redesigned. The seats are very comfortable. The dash was totally revamped. The interior is beautiful. 2) The car comes fully loaded, with or without navigation. 3) The price is good and you get MORE car for your money. 4) It is alot bigger on the inside versus the 08 TSX. 5) The vehicle moves, and is fast. 6) I drive from LA/Corona to Encino Monday through Friday and fill up every 4 1/2 to 5 days, so it is really superb on gas. With the way that gas prices are today, to fill up on Premium fuel is about $68.00. 7) It is a car that turns head for both the young and the old. I have a friend who is 6'5 who is planning on purchasing this car. If I was to have a complaint it would be the Bluetooth system, which is standard. Callers sometimes can not hear me through my speakers, but it's not a big deal since I have a bluetooth for my cell phone. Maybe the navigation/technology package has the better system."

The 08's were great, is the 09 better?

By on Monday, September 8, 2008

"There are few direct similaritites between old and new, like the same engine and price range, but the new 09 TSX stepped up the fit and finish, technology, handling and looks. When Acura redesigns a model they seem to really do their homework in addressing competitive issues and features The safety ratings this car is receiving seems to be best in class. I really like the sound system and the bluetooth connectivity for my phone and audio. I was first interested in the 6speed manual shift but after I drove the auto with paddle shifters, I think the auto would be my pick."

By on Monday, October 13, 2008

By on Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A smart choice

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"In September 2008 I was looking for an entry-luxury sport sedan in the low $30,000 price range. Must-haves included: - Navigation system - Bluetooth - iPod connectivity Given these features were so high on my wish list my preference after driving competitors kept going back to the TSX. -The Lexus IS250 is very well built but has a small back seat and would be too pricey with the Nav system. Plus the Acura's 4-cylinder actually feels quicker than the small 6 in the 250. - The G35 (at the time) had all the engine I wanted but again the price just got too high if I wanted anything but the base model - The BMW 3-series and Mercedes C-Class gave me the same problems with pricing At the end of the day I felt like I was making the "smartest" decision going with the Acura. Some observations after 2 years of ownership and 30,000 miles: - rear brake pads were toast after 20,000 miles. This is common in the TSX's and from my understanding it is more of an engineering trick to get us to buy new brakes at the dealer every few years (remember when rear brakes hardly ever needed servicing?) - overall build quality has held up very well so far, but you will not mistake this for a Lexus over the long term. I've gotten a few small rattles here and there from the rear view mirror, and the driver door lock actuator had to be replaced (under warranty) from a groaning sound - overall things I'm willing to deal with given the low cost of entry - performance around town is "peppy" with the 4-cylinder, and the transmission is very sporty with auto-downshifts and holding the gear in high-revs, but I would certainly consider the new V6 option if the budget permitted - Nav system, Bluetooth, and iPod integration are fantastic and impress many passengers who think the car is more expensive than it is In my opinion, for this kind of money you'd still be hard-pressed to find a car with more features, styling, and reliability than the TSX."

Best looking standard production car on the road

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, loaded with features, best looking"

Cons: "road noise"

"We purchased the 2010 4-cyl model for my son after he graduated from college and we are constantly fighting over who gets to use it. We also own a BMW 3 and a Audi A5 (traded in our Lexus IS). The TSX is hands down much more fun to drive - even more fun than the V6 model because its a harder challenge to keep its performance high. But the TSX 4-cyl has a highly torqued gearing, a high rpm engine and a very fast paddle shift system that - if used properly - will allow you to abuse the road and accelerate to pass like a Kawasaki. We do not baby this car. Yet it holds up well to wear and tear - requiring only a brake pad and air filter change with regular oil service as indicated on dash with some cryptic code that your local Acrura service rep will interpret for you. (Our BMW required a tranny job already). Its sound system is killer - equipped with full separates on doors rear deck, and a dedicated subwoofer - besting anything we heard and test drove. Its also the best looking car on the road till today - the only better looking ones being borderline exotic like the Jaguar and Audi A8. Bluetooth system pairs flawlessly to any cellphone, is voice activated, and controls all music files from the steering wheel. Hellooooo BMW..... Driver seat has memory settings and mine are programmed to move backwards when I open the door - allowing easy entry/exit. Gas cover and trunk are push activated onsite so you don't need to go back into the dam car if you forgot to push the gas/trunk release and the keyfob is still in the ignition. Turning radius excellent - can reverse park from extremely tight angles. Passenger mirror turns down so you can see how close you are to the curb! Lastly, the TSX has the brightest headlights of all vehicles - standard and exotic - ejecting a pure white corona on the road aimed perfectly so it doesn't dazzle the vision of oncoming traffic. (It just spell-binds them). They also stay on when you turn off the engine and exit the car at night so that you're not fumbling around in a suddenly dark garage - helllooo Audi and Benz...."

Good Car, but its not a BMW

By on Sunday, January 23, 2011

"I purchased a 2010 TSX w/Tech in 09/09 for around 31,900, which I thought was a great value. I was coming out of a 2006 BMW 330i with around 85k. I wanted/needed to get a car under warranty, lower cost of ownership, and I really wanted Nav. The Acura is a great value, no doubt about it. However, after owning it for 15 months and placing around 23,000 miles on it, I began to miss the Bimmer. The most annoying issue in the 15 months was one of the must have features-Navigation. Sometimes it was not readable b/c of the glare of the sun or it would freeze up. I would have to pull the car off the road and turn the ignition off to reset it. Needless to say, it was a major pain (This was at least a monthly incident). Dealer suggested cleaning the disk, which seemed to help. Another issue was that the front seat showed excessive wear and I am not a heavyweight. Lastly, (on about 5-6 occasions) the car would not crank on first try. Always on 2nd. I thought this was strange for a brand new car. I like the Acura, but did not love it. I can be somewhat critical with vehicles, so dont let this dissuade you from purchasing. It has great gas mileage and lots of features, but I'm a better fit with the BMW (despite the high cost of ownership.)"

High line car features for a regular price

By on Monday, October 1, 2012

Pros: "Interior quality, handling, steering, audio system"

Cons: "Rear seat room"

"2010 silver Acura TSX 4 cylinder automatic with black leather. First the bad, the rear seating area doesn't have a lot of room, however my son who is 5-10 and about 230 fits back there and tells me "dad, it's fine, the seats are so comfortable" lol. But I think the room is tight. Now the good!!! I have owned this car for three days and I can tell you being a car guy and having been in the business for 10 years, this car is worth the money, which is very little compared to what you get. Many people talk about the domestic mid sized sedan look, however I think this cars snout and rear end set it apart. The xenon headlamps with fog lights are very nice and bright with a crisp line. The headlights never get in the mirror of the car in front of you which I hate. Sitting in the Acura TSX the first thing you notice is the high quality of ALL the materials inside. They didn't skimp on anything. It's well laid out. It feels like your in a well fitted cock pit of a jet plane while seated. Passenger space and leg room are great. All the controls are well placed and easily mastered after a few drives so don't get overwhelmed. The acceleration is fine for a four cylinder and the gas mileage if far better than advertised. I will get over 500 miles on my first tank driving mostly city and normal driving habits. Lifting the hood will verify the quality as it feels like it is made of pure steel. Mostly driving German cars, I enjoy the feel of sturdiness and quality. Acura maintains the Honda reliability and gives you the premium touches that most consumers crave. The switchblade key fob looks very cool and is easy to operate. The steering is amazing and effortless and the handling is very good. Suspension is good and while you feel some bumps the nice seats make up for that. The interior is quite and the premium sound system is plenty for anyone who enjoys music. Love the Bluetooth hookup to my iPhone which is very easy to set up. I'm usually very critical of all cars but really they only bad thing I can find on this car is that in the middle right part of the driver seat it seems to be a bit uncomfortable however the whole seat in general is way above average. I am 6-1 and weigh about 250 so this might be the reason for that. Hope this review helps. Don't forget that Acura has extremely high resale value and when you factor in the quality and reliability, it's a best b in my opinion. Have fun."

On my Second TSX

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "Dependable car with great technology"

"Just traded in my 2006 TSX with 165,000 miles for the 2012. My 2006 was extremely dependable and got great gas milage. Other than regular oil changes had no other major maintenance items in the 5 years that I owned this car. When I purchased my 2012, I also looked at the BMW 3-series, Audi A4, and the Mercedes C class. All provided none of the upgrades that the TSX had in it's base price. To get a similarly equipped model it was at least 10k more in the other brands. I also test drove the new ILX but found it a bit too small, though the ride was nice. I put almost 25k on my car in a year and enjoy the comfort and technology in the Acura. I also have a Acura MDX that my wife drives and loves. PS - I was able to negotiate a $30,500 price for the TSX with the Tech package (inclusive of destination and with the added floor mats, trunk tray, and wheel locks). I recommend emailing dealers in the area and making them an offer."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TSX near Honolulu. See local deals