2009 Acura TSX

9.3

Based on 171 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Great Car!

By on Thursday, September 11, 2008

"I bought my 09 TSX (white w/black leather) this past May 08, and I LOVE my car. After I bought my 91 Legend, I have always been an Acura fan. 1) The style, size and comfort was completely redesigned. The seats are very comfortable. The dash was totally revamped. The interior is beautiful. 2) The car comes fully loaded, with or without navigation. 3) The price is good and you get MORE car for your money. 4) It is alot bigger on the inside versus the 08 TSX. 5) The vehicle moves, and is fast. 6) I drive from LA/Corona to Encino Monday through Friday and fill up every 4 1/2 to 5 days, so it is really superb on gas. With the way that gas prices are today, to fill up on Premium fuel is about $68.00. 7) It is a car that turns head for both the young and the old. I have a friend who is 6'5 who is planning on purchasing this car. If I was to have a complaint it would be the Bluetooth system, which is standard. Callers sometimes can not hear me through my speakers, but it's not a big deal since I have a bluetooth for my cell phone. Maybe the navigation/technology package has the better system."

By on Monday, October 13, 2008

By on Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Best looking standard production car on the road

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, loaded with features, best looking"

Cons: "road noise"

"We purchased the 2010 4-cyl model for my son after he graduated from college and we are constantly fighting over who gets to use it. We also own a BMW 3 and a Audi A5 (traded in our Lexus IS). The TSX is hands down much more fun to drive - even more fun than the V6 model because its a harder challenge to keep its performance high. But the TSX 4-cyl has a highly torqued gearing, a high rpm engine and a very fast paddle shift system that - if used properly - will allow you to abuse the road and accelerate to pass like a Kawasaki. We do not baby this car. Yet it holds up well to wear and tear - requiring only a brake pad and air filter change with regular oil service as indicated on dash with some cryptic code that your local Acrura service rep will interpret for you. (Our BMW required a tranny job already). Its sound system is killer - equipped with full separates on doors rear deck, and a dedicated subwoofer - besting anything we heard and test drove. Its also the best looking car on the road till today - the only better looking ones being borderline exotic like the Jaguar and Audi A8. Bluetooth system pairs flawlessly to any cellphone, is voice activated, and controls all music files from the steering wheel. Hellooooo BMW..... Driver seat has memory settings and mine are programmed to move backwards when I open the door - allowing easy entry/exit. Gas cover and trunk are push activated onsite so you don't need to go back into the dam car if you forgot to push the gas/trunk release and the keyfob is still in the ignition. Turning radius excellent - can reverse park from extremely tight angles. Passenger mirror turns down so you can see how close you are to the curb! Lastly, the TSX has the brightest headlights of all vehicles - standard and exotic - ejecting a pure white corona on the road aimed perfectly so it doesn't dazzle the vision of oncoming traffic. (It just spell-binds them). They also stay on when you turn off the engine and exit the car at night so that you're not fumbling around in a suddenly dark garage - helllooo Audi and Benz...."

A smart choice

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"In September 2008 I was looking for an entry-luxury sport sedan in the low $30,000 price range. Must-haves included: - Navigation system - Bluetooth - iPod connectivity Given these features were so high on my wish list my preference after driving competitors kept going back to the TSX. -The Lexus IS250 is very well built but has a small back seat and would be too pricey with the Nav system. Plus the Acura's 4-cylinder actually feels quicker than the small 6 in the 250. - The G35 (at the time) had all the engine I wanted but again the price just got too high if I wanted anything but the base model - The BMW 3-series and Mercedes C-Class gave me the same problems with pricing At the end of the day I felt like I was making the "smartest" decision going with the Acura. Some observations after 2 years of ownership and 30,000 miles: - rear brake pads were toast after 20,000 miles. This is common in the TSX's and from my understanding it is more of an engineering trick to get us to buy new brakes at the dealer every few years (remember when rear brakes hardly ever needed servicing?) - overall build quality has held up very well so far, but you will not mistake this for a Lexus over the long term. I've gotten a few small rattles here and there from the rear view mirror, and the driver door lock actuator had to be replaced (under warranty) from a groaning sound - overall things I'm willing to deal with given the low cost of entry - performance around town is "peppy" with the 4-cylinder, and the transmission is very sporty with auto-downshifts and holding the gear in high-revs, but I would certainly consider the new V6 option if the budget permitted - Nav system, Bluetooth, and iPod integration are fantastic and impress many passengers who think the car is more expensive than it is In my opinion, for this kind of money you'd still be hard-pressed to find a car with more features, styling, and reliability than the TSX."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TSX near Honolulu. See local deals