2005 Acura TSX

9.5

Based on 416 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

9.7/10

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned

By on Thursday, March 3, 2016

"I purchased my 2006 Acura TSX pre-owned from an Acura dealer in mid-2010 with 48,000 miles on it; it had come off of a lease and was in very good condition. Simply put, this car is exceptional - fun to drive, loaded with luxury options, great looking, surprisingly inexpensive to own and maintain, and reliable. I could not be happier with this vehicle."

GREAT vehicle!!

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun, economical (27 mpg), sporty"

Cons: "Ride is more sporty, less luxury/comfort."

"This car is everything a car should be -- it has a 200 hp 4 cyl. engine -- gets 27 MPG, is responsive, sporty, quick, fun to drive -- I'd buy this again and again. It has been totally reliable. It has creature comforts such as heated seats, power sun roof, 6 cd player, fold down rear seats to allow transport of larger/long items -- skis, big dogs, etc... I cannot say enough good about this car. Acura should be proud of themselves."

Beauty and Performance... best car ever!

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "hold it's value, reliable, beautiful"

Cons: "truly, none."

"This is my 2nd Acura. Had a 2003 TL but traded it in for this because it was too big and consumed more gas than I liked. I NEVER regretted it! This car has been super reliable, it is beautiful, graceful and comfortable. I usually start to itch for a new car at the 7 year mark. No matter what car I look at, it just doesn't compare to mine! I will likely drive this until it dies. I just can't see trading such a perfect vehicle. BTW, I have the navigation system... this has been wonderful. Only complaint is that even the updated DVD isn't totally acurate all the time. But the ease of use and huge screen are fantastic."

Good Buy

By on Wednesday, June 6, 2007

"I have a 2005 TSX. Overall, it has been a great car. A little disappointed in the little things that have gone wrong (window gaskets, headlight and rear suspension recalls). Dealer experience has been very good, however. The brakes wear quickly. They seem undersized for the car."

Best all around value!!

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, standard equipment, looks, quality"

Cons: "could use about 15 more pony's"

"I have owned my 2006 Acura TSX for two plus weeks and to say the least it has been a dream. The TSX was an upgrade from 1998 Honda Civic (Which I would also recommend as a first car). The sheer volume of features you get for the money in this vehicle is what sold me, features such as, memory seats, blue-tooth, heated seats, moon roof, and optional XM radio are just goodies that keep on giving. For perspective I was shopping the BMW 3 series, Audi A4-A6, the Lexus IS line, Mercedes C-Class, and a few others. I drove all the before mentioned and they all performed excellently for my needs. The BMW is what it is a machine of grace and performance as is the C-Class. But when I broke it down I could not bring myself to pay for the name and not receive what I felt was the best bang for my buck. Enter the TSX similar in horse power 205hp (when premium gas is used) has better average MPG than the BMW and C-Class I currently get 28.5, and the same features and more than the others luxury brands. Overall I rate this car at a 9.5."

Excellent Value

By on Thursday, June 10, 2010

"I purchased this car 5+ years ago, new from a dealer. I have put 130,000 miles on the car and have loved every second of it. The manual transmission is the smoothest I have driven and the gearing is considerably sportier than the automatic (based on my experience my Mother has since had 2 TSX's, my brother still has his 2008 and my wife just got a 2010, non of which have had any flaws). The Gas mileage is excellent, a full highway trip will still yield me 33+ mpg and my commute (3/4 highway, 1/4 city) has consistently delivered 27-28 mpg with some spirited driving mixed in. If taken care of the interior is still flawless on my car. The one minor complaint is with the paint job, seems to be a little light and I am starting to see minor fading (no garage for the 5 years and many highway miles with trucks). The car is extremely comfortable for long rides, the navigation is reliable and accurate, the XM radio integration is seemless. My one recommendation would be to wax the car frequently to try and maintain the paint job, it is my one regret."

Very happy TSX owner

By on Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"The TSX is a great value and offers a nice blend of vehicular virtues. It's got good pickup while still being fuel efficient, handles very well, comes with a number of safety features including stability control, has a great looking interior and has been cheap to maintain. The resale values are very good. In emergency situations, its braking and maneuvering has been confidence inspiring - very sure footed. I cross shopped Audi A4's and BMW 3 series, but similar features as the TSX pushed the price tag up to over $8k beyond what I paid. The 3 series and A4 are nice, but not $8k nicer. I enjoy the TSX more each day."

Solid Car

By on Thursday, March 20, 2008

"I've owned my TSX-Navi for almost 3 years now. I've put a TON of mileage on it (over 57k at last check) and really grinded it in my commutes (80miles roundtrip everyday) with lots of power passing on two lane roads. It's held up like a champ (knock on wood). Even in the harshest of winters, I've felt safe driving. Like others have stated, it is underpowered at lower speeds. It seems to lurch between 1st and 2nd gear, but once you're up to speed it performs wonderfully. I've averaged no less than 28mpg during an average week of commuting and have gotten as high as 31mpg when on more leisurely trips. With all of the included options in the 2005 TSX (navigation being the only true option), I think it's a heck of a deal for the money. Service on all Acura products can get a bit pricey as you go along in the years/mileage. My 60k mile service is going to be around $400. But still, Acura service has been great to me, so it's worth the extra $$$ in my opinion. I'm not sure if I'll get the new TSX next or the TL, but my next car will still be some Acura product! :)"

A Drivers Paradise

By on Saturday, March 20, 2010

"I have had this car for about 4 years now. Driven it across the united states and covered 53000 miles in my ride.. I will never part with this unless it is at an extreme case. This has been the best companion and I will never regret buying this car. I have had a good gas mileage of over 35 miles to the gallon on highway sometimes even upto 38 miles to the gallon.. in city i get on an average of about 28 to 30 miles to the gallon... Blue tooth and Navi are a bonus and all my friends who have seen my ride and experienced it absolutely eny my ride... I have voted against renting vehicles for my drive coz i love it so much.. I will recommend an Acura to anybody with my eyes shut. Excellent ride.. Owners pride.."

This is "The One"... Luxury & Good on Gas!!!

By on Saturday, September 26, 2009

"I have owned over 10 cars in my life (from many different manufacturers) and this is by far, the best car I've owned. I have just over 50k miles now and still drives like new. Had one steering problem and was fixed under warranty. Even the new one I had for a loaner from the dealership didn't ride/drve as good. This gives me even more reason to keep this car for many years atleast 200k miles. And don't forget the over 30mpg on the highway, in a car that has good power for a 4 cylinder. I don't think you'll find another that can beat it in reliability, drive, price, mpg and price to own..."

Best TSX

By on Monday, May 25, 2009

"I like this car because of its performance, but not the design at beginning since it looked a little bit too simple for me. However, when I saw the 2009 TSX's new chubbie look which actually made me appreciate the older model's simple, lean, clean line design. I was going to buy a new 2009 TSX but now I've decided I will get a used 2008 TSX instead because of its original simple and clean line design. I suggest if you are a fan of Acura TSX, just buy a 2004 - 2008 model and forget about the 2009 one."

Fun to drive but a little noisy

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"We really like the power for a 4 cylinder. The economy is pretty good but using premium fuel was a problem during the gas shortage last year and believe me it makes a difference. My biggest complaint is road noise on the highway. You really have to turn the radio up loud to hear it and having a conversation is strained. Add some sound deadening and this car would be nearly perfect."

Great car!

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Good on gas, cool looks, lots of little luxuries"

Cons: "paint seems to chip easily"

"I've had this car for about 4 years now and it has really been good. Still enjoying it and still get compliments on it too. Also, surprisingly, I don't see many of these on the road but when I do I proudly recognize my car and its smooth cool lines; its a classic. If you're thinking of getting one, I'd highly recommend it."

Awesome car!

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pros: "Sport luxury feel for low price, great gas mileage"

"I bought this car two years ago and love driving it everyday. I had a 2002 mustang before trading that in for this and the ride quality is what hit me immediately. I enjoyed playing around in the mustang and kind of miss the manual transmission, but this TSX is just classy. It offers great styling inside and out, a very smooth comfortable ride, good gas mileage,8 speaker sound system, and every tech feature that I could imagine myself wanting out of a car. I would definately recommend this vehicle to a friend!"

2004 Acura TSX - A

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "beautiful, ages well, reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "Rear leg room could be better"

Taken summer 2012

"I have owned my 2004 Acura TSX since mid 2006. I bought it with 45,000 miles, and I now have 136,000; it still sounds, looks, and performs the way it did when I bought it. I have never had any maintenance or mechanical issues with my car, however I have been religous about all of it's maintenance. People still tell me that the inside and out look brand new (I am sure the new car scent I always have applied when the car is detailed helps). My car is pearl white, when tan leather interior, black"

Taken summer 2012

Very reliable.

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"Have owned this car for 6 years. It has been an excellent car. No major problems. Just typical wear and tear (i.e. tires, brakes...)"

Outstanding Vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"I bought my 05 TSX new and have put 145000 miles on it. Not one thing has gone wrong with the vehicle. 200 miles per day commuting with ZERO issues. Mine has a 6sp manual that is a blast to drive. Accleration could be a little better but it's not that bad especially considering 30 MPG! Build quality and standard features are amazing. The car still looks brand new!!! EXCELLENT ride, highly recommended!!!"

good stylish sports sedan

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"I bought this car used a month ago below retail value. it is in very good condition. I love the way it handles the road. and I do get a lot of compliments for the car. I love the HID head lights. overall i would recomend this car to anyone who is inquiring about this acura model and year. I just don't like the premium unleaded fuel that it has to take. but, it give good gas mileage. about 29 mpg HWY. engine has a little spunk in it for a four cylinder. this car loves to cruise at about 75 mph. and it still feels like I am doing 65mph. In the future I would probably by the same make and model in the future."

Great car with plenty of zip

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"The good: Power. For a 4 cyl. engine this car is strong. 205 hp feels like a lot more. At 70 mph I average 32 mpg. The built in nav and bluetooth controls are very well integrated. The cockpit and interior layout is very similar to the accord which is a good thing. The instrument panel is LED backlit which is a nice touch. One of the great features is the ability to tweak a lot of different settings. You can change everything from how long the lights stay on after you turn off the ignition to when the tripometer resets. There is a ton of trunk space. For a bigger person it sits quite comfortably (I am 6'4) up front, however, it is nearly impossible for me to ride in the back seat. So if you have big friends or big kids you plan on hauling around, get the MDX instead. For you normal size people though, you shouldn't have a problem. The not so good: Stereo sound quality. The stereo itself is very nice, however the sound quality is poor. Don't get me wrong, its not bad, but for a car that is trying to compete with the luxury cars, it should have been a lot better. It is an 8 speakers system. 4 6.5 mids, 2 tweeters, and 2 6x9's that are solely for bass (the amp only sends low frequencies to them). I have discovered that it isn't the head unit or amp, but the speakers. I replaced the speakers with alpine type s speakers and that made a really big difference in quality. I do suggest only replacing the door speakers as the amp does not have enough power to push to good quality 6x9's for bass. For a more full sound I would just install a self powered sub and ditch the 6x9's all together. First gear is a little too rigid. On the race track it is great, but for everyday driving it has a very small window for a smooth take. Even with that, it is really hard to stall the car from take off, just a little jerky. Probably not the best car to learn to drive stick on. Overall this car is outstanding. It is quiet, powerful yet still good gas mileage, and low maintenance. Great car for the price."

Seats are rock hard

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"When I drove the TSX I loved it; thought I would keep it forever. After all, it's a Honda, so I could easily go 200K+ on it without a hitch. However, I drive 20K annually, and my back is killing me from these seats! I have tried every position possible. I am now seeing a 2nd chiropractor for back and hip pain. No, I am not fat; I work out 6x a week and have for years. My problems started within a month of driving this car. The seats are rock hard. Also, my son cannot get in and out of the back without getting caught on something. That being said, it handles like a dream and has little road noise, even above 80mph. It is a solid vehicle and the mileage is consistently above 25 MPG. Coming out of an SUV, that's a dream come true. The options are excellent for the money. I do believe it is a solid buy for under 30 grand. No one could get into a new Lexus or BMW for that price, not to mention maintenance costs on the BMW. Overall, for a single or childless consumer, I would highly recommend the TSX. However, if you have frequent passengers or put on high miles, the full-size Accord or Camry may be a better option."

2006 TSX with Nav

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"The TSX is the best car I have owned. The navi and the suspension are awesome. I love all the buttons on the steering wheel, it keeps my eyes on the road. I have a few complaints. The sun visors are worthless, it leaves a four to six inch gap when blocking the side window. The Bluetooth has a weak output, people on the other end can't hear you that well. It could use a little more horsepower for passing etc. Maybe Acura could put the RDX Turbo engine in the TSX. Overall great car for the money."

Researched for 1 year

By on Sunday, July 8, 2007

"This was the first BRAND new car I have ever bought on my own so I decided to do a little research. I researched the Acura TSX, BMW 3 series, Volvo and Mercedes C Class. I decided to go with the Acura TSX after a complete year of research of resale value, true cost of ownership, value for price and standard features. Bottom line was the TSX was the right choice not only personally, but also financially as an investment. I financed the vehicle for 5 years, and have paid on it so far for 23 months and according to KBB it is worth 2500 dollars more than I owe on it. So I would say my research has PAID off and I love this vehicle. By the way, I am currently researching the Lexus IS 250, maybe a year from now my girlfriend will be getting herself a brand new car. :)"

Reliable and luxury car with ZERO maintenance

By on Friday, March 3, 2017

Cons: "Road Noise"

"Best bang for your buck. I have 160k problem free miles. Had the car for about eight years now. Purchased it when it had 48k miles on it. Many road trips and one cross country drive. I wouldnt think twice if I have to do one more cross country drive in this. Fun to drive and seats are very comfortable."

Awesome to drive and own

By on Thursday, July 21, 2016

"Beautiful, luxurious, and fuel efficient...plus it's a Honda in disguise! Sharp looking and dependable vehicle."

Love this car!

By on Friday, April 24, 2015

Pros: "Easy driving, comfort and fun!"

Cons: "front cup holders pain when arm rest extended"

"Solid, efficient,& fun car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TSX near Honolulu. See local deals