2012 Acura TL

9.5

Based on 184 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

9.7/10

Bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"I've had my 2009 Acura TL Tech/AWD now for 3 months. It may be a little early to rate this vehicle but in my opinion it's worth the money. The engine is powerful, stereo is out of this world and it's a comfort to commute to and from work. I have 2 vehicles and I can not stay out of driving this, it's a joy to drive."

Excellent value, excellent automobile.

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "Quick acceleration/very fuel efficient."

Cons: "Road noise a bit excessive."

"Have owned my 2012 Acura TL with tech package for six months (have put 8k miles on it). Tech package is very intuitive once you read the manual. Best Navigation system I have seen. Ride is smooth and car handles extremely well. The 280hp engine and 6 speed auto transmission is awesome with very quick acceleration. Merging into high speed traffic never a problem. At 70mph, engine is steady at a little under 2000rpm. Since ownership, overall average mileage is 28.9. Highway driving on trips averages 31.8 mpg. Seats are very comfortable, Climate control is perfect and definitely the best sound system I have heard in any vehicle. A fantastic automobile at a very reasonable price."

A great Luxury sports sedan...and everyone fits

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Roomy, comfortable, killer sound system"

Cons: "lack of interior color choices,gas milage"

"3rd TL owned. very comfortable interior with all the great bells and whistles.Best sound system heard in a car so far.Feels like a 60K car inside and out but I have the Tech package and you cant get a wood interior trim with it. The Brushed aluminum looks ultra modern but I like that classic luxury look like my 2006 TL. I also dont like the interior color choices.very limited.The voice activation system is the best and easiest thing ever devised! I dont think I've touched a button on the dashboard yet.Best part is it easily fits 5 adults very comfortably in this car. Cant say that about any Euro car. Car is a little sluggish off the mark. I think its the SH-AWD that causes it but all of a sudden,BOOM,your at 80 and dont realize it.I'm getting 22.8 MPG right now but I dont like the fact that you have to use at least 89 octane or you will see lower MPG and slight knocking on starts.Overall, easily the best luxury sedan on the market for under 60K(loaded)."

Best bang for 40K bucks!!! Update#1

By on Friday, June 8, 2012

Pros: "Still surprisingly fast; quite a looker"

Cons: "Road noise"

"After having my 2012 TL for almost a year (11 months now) and 12,000 miles it still hasn't changed my mind about the best car for 40K review headline. I can compare it to 5 series (previous car) but why bother when the same 5 series was well over 50K with similar options. Besides I haven't spent anytime at the dealership (except for 2 oil changes, each an hour or less, thank you Hall Acura) and that's something I can't say about the 5 series. This car is virtually bullet proof. No issues whatsoever and like I said it even looks darn good (especially 2012 edition with the facelift). I will continue to post the updates and see how long this car can continue to impress. Go out and get one, you won't be disappointed."

Love my 2012 TL SHAWD Tech!

By on Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pros: "Great price, used Truecar and stuck to my guns."

Cons: "none, smart buy."

"This is my second TL, the first was a 2003 TL-S. My new TL is absolutely awesome, it is dead reliable, has the best nav and entertainment system ever produced and it is a kick to drive. I traded a BMW M6 for this Acura and even though the BMW had more power, I much prefer driving the Acura. I thought the saleswoman was making up "torque vectoring", but this thing is amazing at carving up corners. Hands down the best combination of sportiness, comfort, reliability, and tech features."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TL near Honolulu. See local deals