ZIP code

2009 Acura TL

9.5

Based on 183 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

9.7/10

Great to be back in an Acura

By on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pros: "Great looking ride, luxury for low price"

Cons: "Wish base model had the Michelin tires"

"I just bought my 2012 base model and really have not driven it much since I still have my Accord for another few weeks. However, when I have driven it I love it. I have owned my '03 Accord since it was new and have always been a Honda/Acura guy (this is my 3rd Acura). I wanted to step up from the Accord, but not really into the high priced BMW/Mercedes/Audi crowd. I like to have a nice car but my practical side (and two kids in college) budget won't allow it. I got this base model for under $30K and there is nothing on the market that compares at that price. I looked hard at the new Camry and the VW Passat ... both are boring and ordinary. The TL is sporty, classy and different. The base model has all the options I need and while it may not be a BMW 5 series in terms of performance, I don't drive a car all out anyway so high performance is not my thing. It looks great, rides great, gets decent mileage (getting 28 mpg on the gauge) and its an Acura."

A lot of bang for the buck!

By on Monday, October 26, 2009

"I've had the car for 3 months now. Love the navigation and satelite stereo. Leather seats very comfortable and great gas mileage at around 25 city/hwy. Looked at the Infinity G37, Cadillac CTS and Lexus. Call other Acura Delers in your state as the price can fluctuate by $1500-$2000."

Bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"I've had my 2009 Acura TL Tech/AWD now for 3 months. It may be a little early to rate this vehicle but in my opinion it's worth the money. The engine is powerful, stereo is out of this world and it's a comfort to commute to and from work. I have 2 vehicles and I can not stay out of driving this, it's a joy to drive."

Excellent value, excellent automobile.

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "Quick acceleration/very fuel efficient."

Cons: "Road noise a bit excessive."

"Have owned my 2012 Acura TL with tech package for six months (have put 8k miles on it). Tech package is very intuitive once you read the manual. Best Navigation system I have seen. Ride is smooth and car handles extremely well. The 280hp engine and 6 speed auto transmission is awesome with very quick acceleration. Merging into high speed traffic never a problem. At 70mph, engine is steady at a little under 2000rpm. Since ownership, overall average mileage is 28.9. Highway driving on trips averages 31.8 mpg. Seats are very comfortable, Climate control is perfect and definitely the best sound system I have heard in any vehicle. A fantastic automobile at a very reasonable price."

A great Luxury sports sedan...and everyone fits

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Roomy, comfortable, killer sound system"

Cons: "lack of interior color choices,gas milage"

"3rd TL owned. very comfortable interior with all the great bells and whistles.Best sound system heard in a car so far.Feels like a 60K car inside and out but I have the Tech package and you cant get a wood interior trim with it. The Brushed aluminum looks ultra modern but I like that classic luxury look like my 2006 TL. I also dont like the interior color choices.very limited.The voice activation system is the best and easiest thing ever devised! I dont think I've touched a button on the dashboard yet.Best part is it easily fits 5 adults very comfortably in this car. Cant say that about any Euro car. Car is a little sluggish off the mark. I think its the SH-AWD that causes it but all of a sudden,BOOM,your at 80 and dont realize it.I'm getting 22.8 MPG right now but I dont like the fact that you have to use at least 89 octane or you will see lower MPG and slight knocking on starts.Overall, easily the best luxury sedan on the market for under 60K(loaded)."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TL near Honolulu. See local deals