2006 Acura TL

9.4

Based on 738 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

OK

By on Thursday, June 18, 2009

"I've always dreamed of owning a TL. I finally got to the point where I could afford a (used) 2007, which I purchased in March of '09. This thing was the love of my life until it hit 30,000 miles. Then the whole car seemed to fall apart. The glove box rattles, the windows rattle. The dash rattles. The passenger mirror rattles. The passenger seat adjustment buttons rattle. I took it to the dealer (who are, by far, the most professional and thorough people ever). So far, it's 'like new', but I find it hard to believe that Acura would expect people to pay for this kind of 'luxury'. Things I do love: the seats are oh-so-soft leather and soooo comfy. All my passengers are comfy with the roominess. The back-up camera's great; the bluetooth is clear and reliable, the navigation is pretty cool, too. It brakes better than any car I've ever owned. The stock exhaust is so sprty and smooth. It's FAST when I need it to be. The mileage isn't too bad (although it's REALLY bad in stop-go traffic or streets). The ride is pretty smooth, although the cabin is not very well insulated, so you can hear just about everything. I would recommend this car to someone for a first car. But with the money I paid...I much rather would have had the Lexus IS 350 I wanted or would have waited for the new Camaro. I bought this car with the intention of running it into the ground, so I am hoping that it lasts that long. I know a lot of people with TL's that have 200,000+ miles and have had very little to no significant problems, so I hope mine carries that same quality."

Great car

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"I have 68,000 miles on my 04 TL. Drove it off the lot new and never had to go back. Drives and handles great. Most reliabel vehicle I ever owned. Drawbacks - hard seats with thin leather; Low profile tires ride hard and blow easliy on city pot holed streets. Great styling and value for what you pay."

My best car yet

By on Sunday, September 21, 2008

"I have an '04 TL with 107,000 miles. This car is more than I ever hoped for, Very reliable and I have never had any major problems, just the usual maintenance recommended by dealership (which is not cheap) but at least it is not anything mechanical. Believe it or not I am still on my original brake pads and rotors. That's right 107,000 miles and the original brakes. Great all around car for any kind of driver. I average about 28/29 mpg which is great. I usually trade in every 2-3 yrs but I just can't part with it. Recommend this car to anyone."

Worth It.

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"After reading so many reviews on interior noise for this vehicle, I took my time with a 2 week test drive on the 'o4 TL. I didn't find any problems. Sound system is great and seems to be worth it to upgrade tires - based on reviews only. I have a set of winter tires besides the touring. Always a Honda driver, (5 previous Hondas) I easily adapted to the Acura of course. Skeptical at first about price, the TL has proven that the middle class can afford luxary!"

Will buy another despite style changes

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Great dependable car."

Cons: "Can't argue with wide turning radius"

"One of the most dependable cars I ever had.mine is a six speed and as I continue to use super it's highway mpg still approaches 30!!!(consistently 29 with cruise). For a 2005 model auto it has all the features in new cars just a little dated technology wise. Bluetooth sat radio, all the other amenities. Awesome car and assembled in USA!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TL near Honolulu. See local deals