2006 Acura TL

9.4

Based on 737 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Great value. Alot of vehicle for the dollar.

By on Sunday, November 11, 2012

"I have owned my TL for 4 years now and have been completely satisfied with it. It has a great combination of performance and luxury. The sporty, aggressive body design does not look dated and in my opinion is more attractive the the current body design that is in showrooms now. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to find a great used vehicle with current technology, sporty design, and all the ammenities you would expect from Acura."

Acura TL Type S

By on Saturday, December 15, 2007

"Bought this car earlier in the year (2007 TL Type S). Could not be happier. Acceleration and handling are excellent. The type S has a beefed up suspension which provides better handling than the standard TL. The Type S also comes with Brembo brakes standard, which if you don’t know are used on many high end, high performance cars and not typically found on a vehicle in this price range. Also has posi-traction FWD which has virtually no torque steer which I have never found in a FWD car. Navigation system is standard as well on this model. Getting 21/22 just driving around and 29/30 mpg on the highway. A little less if your foot gets heavy on the pedal. If you like higher performance, great handling and a more sporty look then spend the extra and get the Type S model. A lot of car for the money. Paid under 34K which was well below sticker."

Very Nice Ride

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "Interior Power and Cosmetics"

Cons: "Hard to mod and expensive to fix."

"This is the second acura tl I've owned and I love it. The styling and mechanics are flawless. Plenty of power for all types of drivers the only downfall is how expensive and difficult it is to modify. And blue book value does not show truly how nice these are"

thought it was better

By on Saturday, May 30, 2009

"Car is fun to drive good mpg (avg 24-25 mpg in mixed driving) Here's the problem @ 92000 miles needed new transmission $2700 @ 95000 needed new alternator $400 expected better from Acura"

So sad to see her go!

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2014

"I bought my 04 Acura TL with 78k miles on it. I paid 12k cash and drove it to 233k miles without EVER fixing one thing! Just regular maintenance like tires, brakes and rotars. Best car I ever owned. Leather started to breakdown from the heat and humidity as soon as I moved to Florida. But the car had 200k miles already. This has been an amazing vehicle. Never broke down! Transmission issue at 233k miles so I had to get rid of. But I think I got my moneys worth! I will Always buy Acura!"

I love my car.

By on Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pros: "Great handling and smooth ride."

Cons: "Keeping this car up isn't cheap. But it is worth."

"I own the 2007 Acura TLS., in white. Before an accident on May 6, of this year, not a dent anywhere on my car. I have had several offers on my car because it is such a awesome looking car. Drives and handles great. It is expense to keep up. Luckily, the damage to the driver side will be able to be fixed. I was the only one of three people who walk away from this nasty accident. That car really held up to the impact. I can't say enough about my car. I was hoping that it would not have to be totaled. I couldn't replace that year and model. Acura Made a big mistake in changing the body style on these. I wouldn't touch the Acura models today. Hope you are luckily enough to own an earlier model. I know I am."

Very happy with this 2004 Acura TL!

By on Friday, March 1, 2013

Pros: "Fun driving, good gas mileage for a V6, reliable"

Cons: "Noisy, Window regulator replacements"

Car that was New to me... 6 years ago!

"I've owned this car over 6 years now, buying it when it was just over 2.5 years old. It has been a great car. Repairs have been minor. The window regulators seem to be the most frequent issue, replacing the front 2 a total of 3 times. I also had to replace the in dash fuse box, which is unusual, but for a car that's almost 10 years old I have no complaints. The car can be a bit noisy by design, but it drives like a dream. I've kept up regular maintenance, following the extreme weather conditions since it spent most of its time in Arizona. This car could easily go another 132K miles! My friend's still think it's a new car because Acura hasn't changed the model much until recently!"

Car that was New to me... 6 years ago!

Excellent Vehicle and Value

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"I purchased the 04 TL when it first hit the market. I was weary about the reliability considering that it was a new updated model. 3 years and 47000 miles later I'm extremely happy. Nothing has gone wrong with this car. Not a rattle, rip or blemish. The Nav. system is excellent and nothing out there comes close. I'm in the market for a new car only because I desire something new not because I want to get rid of my TL. As I look at other models out there and compare it to what I have it's difficult to find the same value for the buck. BMW 3 or 5 series is the closest competitor but the only value is the name value to the European cars. In terms of gadgets the TL is the best bet. Perhaps I'm better off staying with my TL as I expect it will run well over 100k miles without any concerns."

Fun car to drive. Great looking even after 5 years

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Cons: "Ride could be considered a bit stiff."

"Fun car to drive. Quite Fast with lots of passing power. Handles very well. Sorry to see the S Type discontinued."

OK

By on Thursday, June 18, 2009

"I've always dreamed of owning a TL. I finally got to the point where I could afford a (used) 2007, which I purchased in March of '09. This thing was the love of my life until it hit 30,000 miles. Then the whole car seemed to fall apart. The glove box rattles, the windows rattle. The dash rattles. The passenger mirror rattles. The passenger seat adjustment buttons rattle. I took it to the dealer (who are, by far, the most professional and thorough people ever). So far, it's 'like new', but I find it hard to believe that Acura would expect people to pay for this kind of 'luxury'. Things I do love: the seats are oh-so-soft leather and soooo comfy. All my passengers are comfy with the roominess. The back-up camera's great; the bluetooth is clear and reliable, the navigation is pretty cool, too. It brakes better than any car I've ever owned. The stock exhaust is so sprty and smooth. It's FAST when I need it to be. The mileage isn't too bad (although it's REALLY bad in stop-go traffic or streets). The ride is pretty smooth, although the cabin is not very well insulated, so you can hear just about everything. I would recommend this car to someone for a first car. But with the money I paid...I much rather would have had the Lexus IS 350 I wanted or would have waited for the new Camaro. I bought this car with the intention of running it into the ground, so I am hoping that it lasts that long. I know a lot of people with TL's that have 200,000+ miles and have had very little to no significant problems, so I hope mine carries that same quality."

Great car

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"I have 68,000 miles on my 04 TL. Drove it off the lot new and never had to go back. Drives and handles great. Most reliabel vehicle I ever owned. Drawbacks - hard seats with thin leather; Low profile tires ride hard and blow easliy on city pot holed streets. Great styling and value for what you pay."

Worth It.

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"After reading so many reviews on interior noise for this vehicle, I took my time with a 2 week test drive on the 'o4 TL. I didn't find any problems. Sound system is great and seems to be worth it to upgrade tires - based on reviews only. I have a set of winter tires besides the touring. Always a Honda driver, (5 previous Hondas) I easily adapted to the Acura of course. Skeptical at first about price, the TL has proven that the middle class can afford luxary!"

Will buy another despite style changes

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Great dependable car."

Cons: "Can't argue with wide turning radius"

"One of the most dependable cars I ever had.mine is a six speed and as I continue to use super it's highway mpg still approaches 30!!!(consistently 29 with cruise). For a 2005 model auto it has all the features in new cars just a little dated technology wise. Bluetooth sat radio, all the other amenities. Awesome car and assembled in USA!!"

7 years old and runs great!!

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable and stylish, fun for the young and old"

Cons: "Tire wear"

"I am not going to go into complete details on my 2005 TL, but I must admit, this car truly has held its value. We bought this car brand new after test driving numerous sedans including the Cadillac CTS. We fell in love with the TL immediately while test driving it. We liked the fact that you didn't have to choose many options. You pretty much got the car completely loaded as is. The only thing I regret not getting was the navigation package, but my husband disagrees with me on that. In 2005, it wasn't as common to need GPS navigation so that is why we opted out. The only problem we've had with the car is tire wear, but found it wasn't necessarily the car, but Sam's Club who gave us the wrong type of tire x 2. That was annoying. Still, even with the accurate tires, we still see more wear than we'd like, but that could be the highways, etc in California. The interior is so comfortable. It is like you are in a cockpit. Since my husband is a pilot, he doesn't care as much, but I do and it used to be the car I drove full-time. If you are considering a TL, I would definitely recommend it. It's a fast, sporty car that handles really well. I drove cross-county in it a couple times and I was never uncomfortable during the entire drive. Over all, I've owned two Acuras. Now, if they would come up with a hybrid TL, that would most likely be our next new car. We'll stay tuned..."

I love my Acura TL

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "Fun and Fast!"

Cons: "Tires are pretty expensive and do not last."

"I have had a 2004 model as well as the 2006 model. The 2004 model saved my life in a traffic accident and that is why I purchased the same vehicle. I love the Acura TL because it is spacious, comfortable, reliable, and fast. The exterior and interior are both pleasing to the eye as well as safe and technology savi. The only issue I had with my Acura is the transmission went out on me at 99,000 miles but because it was before the 100,000 mile limit my transmission was replaced for free. The only other negative thing I can say about the TL is that it eats tires, but I'm sure that is only because it hugs the road so well. Other than those two concerns I have nothing but good things to say about the car."

Good Car

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"We bought our acura a year ago and we now have 110,000 miles on it. It looks brand new and it drives super smooth, this thing will probably last forever! Shows no wear."

Own 05 and 06 TL base with navigation...

By on Friday, March 13, 2009

"My wife and I have been loyal Acura owners since the Acura Legand. What got use hooked on this brand? Reliability, value for our money, don't have to worry about adding options because they all come loaded, low, low, low maintanance costs and exceptional exterior and interior styling. We both constantly get compliments on our 4+ year old TL's from total strangers at parking lots and gas stations regarding the exterior styling of the car. These cars have decent power, look beautiful inside and out and are very reliable."

Most bang for your buck!

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"With much hesitation, I traded in my 2007 Mazda RX-8 for something w/ more interior space due to new baby. But also needed a car sporty enough to justify getting rid of my beloved RX-8; no regrets here! My new Acura TL Type-S met all my needs and then some. Biggest surprise was how fuel efficient it is, considering it can haul butt w/ 290+ HP. A testament to Acura engineering at its best! For a large 4-door sedan, the Type-S has great steering and road manners w/ the stiffer suspension, but results in a rougher ride that I've come to expect. If you want softer ride, then buy yourself standard TL or opt for a Lexus. I went w/ the TL Type-S because in the end it handled better, than comparable models (by Lexus or Infiniti) during test drives. Definitely most bang for you buck here!"

My best car yet

By on Sunday, September 21, 2008

"I have an '04 TL with 107,000 miles. This car is more than I ever hoped for, Very reliable and I have never had any major problems, just the usual maintenance recommended by dealership (which is not cheap) but at least it is not anything mechanical. Believe it or not I am still on my original brake pads and rotors. That's right 107,000 miles and the original brakes. Great all around car for any kind of driver. I average about 28/29 mpg which is great. I usually trade in every 2-3 yrs but I just can't part with it. Recommend this car to anyone."

best nav system

By on Friday, June 13, 2008

"based on all of the highline cars i have owned (i usually buy a new one every 2 years).......This Acura is the best value for what you get and drives superb. This is probably the only car that I would be able to keep more than 2 years because I love it so much. It doesn't depreciate very quickly either. The gas mileage is around 24-25mpg........which is great for this type of 4 door sedan"

Unsung Value

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"I've had my Acura TL for just over a year now with almost no complaints. Compared with similar cars in the entry level luxury vehicles (bmw 325i, lexus is, infiniti g35), it is a better value in almost every way. More horses than the 325i (and more features), more hp / features for the money than the lexus is (or even es for that matter), and better interior than the G35. Important to note that Acura is still building it's name as a luxury vehicle. The Acura TL has not sold well over the past few years, meaning that it is very possible to get this car well below invoice (personally got 2k below INVOICE, not msrp). The value and the excellent depreciation rate that Acura as a brand has, makes this car the best buy. Handling is great, despite the front wheel drive. The only downside is the additional horsepower available in the G35. The navigation system far surpasses the infiniti's model, and the interior styling is much more modern and robust. The only complaints about this car that I have is a few rattles that popped up after 5,000 miles. The dealership fixed those up on my second oil change free."

Greatest value for money out there

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"I was wanting the BMW 5 series for style, quality and performance (maybe a 530i), but why spend $55K for that, when you can get a BETTER deal for your money with the Acura TL Type "S". For $39K ($16K less) you get at least the same or better style, ride, handling, comfort and performance than the 530i, and I do believe it is more reliable and cheaper to run at an average of 23 MPH over 11500 miles so far. I have had absolutly NOTHING go wrong with this excellent automobile in the 6 months I have owned it, nothing!! GREAT car, and fantastic fun to drive!!"

Primo value

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Love this car. I had a 1996 TL with 210k on it and all I ever did is replace the radiator, brake pads and rotors. Everything else was just normal maintenance and since it was the most low maintenance car I ever owned I decided to buy another TL and the '04 caught my eye. I love it. It is very comfortable, the internal styling and layout is very intuitive. The Navi has a large screen placed as far up the dash as possible to make it easy to look down without taking your eyes off the road for but an instant. The navi is very easy to use and makes finding your way around a strange town a breeze. The Bluetooth enabled handsfree phone is another incredible feature. Once setup all you have to do is be near your car with your phone and the car will link up with the phone everytime and it rings thru the stereo. When you answer it automatically mutes the stereo and when you hang up the stereo comes back on. So many features come standard and the quality of the components is such that it's an awsome value and it's easy to see why the resale value is so high. The only criticism I have is the stereo could be a bit better as far as the speaker placement/sound quality but for everything else you get along with the reliability of the ACURA name, it's a small sacrifice to make."

The Best affordable sports sedan

By on Wednesday, May 23, 2007

"this car is everything from performance combined with luxury, its better than best!!!! the muffler tips are the best part to me.....u can get a lot out of a 280 horsepower 4 door car everyone fits and the way the computer works is great i love it and i got a great deal on it!!!!!!!!!!"

Just lovin' it

By on Monday, May 5, 2014

Cons: "No 2nd 12v plug in back seat."

"This is my 5th Acura starting with a Legend Coupe, an Inegra for my daughter (sold on safety and reliability),an RL (luv'd it) a CL and now my TL. 10 yrs. and still worth over 30% of what I paid for it. FANTASTIC!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TL near Honolulu. See local deals