2001 Acura TL

Based on 490 Ratings for the 1999 - 2003 models.

Best BANG for your BUCKS car

By on Sunday, June 21, 2009

"Bought this car for $6K even w/ 150K miles. Why so many miles you might ask? With Acuras, I don't hesistate 'cause like my last Acura w/ 200K miles (which got totaled by another car), they don't break...period. Got my mechanic to check this one out before buying, he said 'Wow, 150K and no oil Leaks?' No CV joint issue, no a/c problem. Just leather, cold A/C and Bose sound system...perfect. Dollar for Dollar, I don't think u can beat the value and reliability offered by an Acura in any luxury class."

As good as it gets

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"I have owned this car for 7 years and it has been the best all round car I have owned in 38 years of driving. Comfortable, roomy, reliable, drives and handles well. All the desired options are standard and the climate control is strong and quiet. I love that engine. Ample power, and gets 23-24 mpg around town and 28-31 on the highway @ 75+. Transmission is smooth and solid. Paint and interior still look new although it is not garaged. Acura service and warranty top notch. Only a couple minor issues in 114k miles. The automatic rear mirror went bad, but replaced under warranty even though car had 60k on it. Passenger seat airbag sensor failed and also replaced under warranty. One set of front brakes, 4 tires and 1 battery is all it has needed other than routine fluid and filter changes. If I had to replace this car tomorrow I would buy a 2002 or 2003. The TL was redesigned in 2004 into a slightly larger version. The 2000-2003s are a "just right" fully optioned, comfortable and reliable car. Conservative and pleasant styling that looks reasonably upscale, but a frugal car that is always ready to go when I turn the key. I plan to get 200k miles out of my car."

Well-Balanced Package

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"Bought my 2003 Type-S certified with 64K, now has 83K. I like this car a lot and will be sad when it is time to part with it. Only major out-of-pocket expense was brake rotors. Basically a trouble-free car. I have not had the transmission issues well-known with this generation of the TL. I average 24 MPG mixed city and freeway driving, which is good for the ample power and size of the car. The TL Type-S is a great value because it has all of the modern safety features and luxury essentials, while providing a nice blend of performance and comfort. This is a well-balanced package. Honda deserves praise for the graceful styling, I like the newer exterior designs far less. The Bose sound system is excellent. Plenty of room for rear-seat passengers and cavernous trunk space. The interior is comfortable and of high quality, but lacks the more modern look. The gauges are large and nice to look at. Acceleration and handling are two strong points of the Type-S. This front-driver works better in the turns than my rear-drive BMW Z3 that is about 500 pounds lighter!"

Great for the money

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"Bought my 2002 3.2 TL Type S brand spanking new in October 2001. Made the move to a "10-Year" car from my 1997 Honda Civic (which I love to this day) with 130,000 miles. Compared the Acura against the BMW 3 Series, Audi A-4, Lexus IS-250 and decided I could really enjoy the money I was saving by buying Acura. I knew the quality of Honda products and expected the reliability. Replaced first transmission at 50,001 miles at Acura's cost. Replaced 2nd transmission at 98,000 miles at Acura's cost. I've got 151,000 miles on the car now and the tranny is slipping a tad but not enough to make me worry...yet. Love the understated power of the car and how it "looks like another family car" until you punch it! Been through a boat load of tires but have had no issues other than the tranny. I change the oil and rotate the tires every 5,000 miles, I had the timing belt replaced at 100,000 and I still love the car. My only wish is they would have put the 6-speed manual from the CL Type S into this car."

I absolutely love this car

By on Friday, July 15, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, handles well, great in snow, looker."

Cons: "Premium fuel is needed"

"I have owned several cars in my lifetime and I must say this has been my absolute favorite vehicle. I have had to perform routine maintenance but the car has never broken down on me. Even with 217k miles I will still get 29 MPG on family trips with 4 adults, 1 child and a trunk full of luggage. I have never been stuck in the snow, have never had the car break down on me, or had any component on the vehicle wear out in an unreasonable time. I will be a lifelong fan of Acura because of this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TL near Honolulu. See local deals