2001 Acura TL

Based on 490 Ratings for the 1999 - 2003 models.

I love my TL

By on Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, power and stereo system."

Cons: "2003 model had transmission problems."

"I put a lot of miles on my vehicles and this one has responded extremely well. Very nimble and always ready with a burst of power when needed. The only reason I'm even considering another vehicle is to move more people and pets."

horrible transmissions

By on Sunday, September 2, 2007

"these cars look awsome and are very comfortable. the only problem is the transmissions are very prone to failure. acura extended the warranty to 7 years and 100,000 miles. there is a safty recall for the transmissions and there are numerous people who are on there third and fourth transmissions. i will be staying away from acura from now on."

Loving My Acura TL

By on Sunday, August 7, 2016

Pros: "Great pick up, good solid performer"

Cons: "??"

"I bought this 1999 car used in 2006 at around 40,000 miles. 155,000 miles later, it still has a lovely pick up and gets a solid 29 mpg on expressways. I thought of trading the car in, but it's such a comfortable and roomy car (sun roof, leather seats) and has been such a good performer, I may try to hit 300,000."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "Go for it, you won't be sorry"

Cons: "make sure timing belt was changed"

"Except for some initial teething problems, this is the best car I've ever owned. The car had to have the transmission swapped out at 34,000 miles, but since then, nothing else has broken down on it. Who ever thought the entire exhaust system would last 13 years and 149,000 miles, and still is intact? Ditto, the alternator, radiator, power steering, shock absorbers, etc? My Acura mechanic (who by the way, always asks me to sell my car to him)told me the engine will easily pass 350,000 miles. Go Acura!"

Falling Apart

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"I am the original owner of this '02 TL. Initialy, I loved the car. A great highway cruiser. 28+ mpg on the road. Great sound system. Rode and drove very well. Then, the clearcoat started to turn white. After that, it started to peal off the trunk area, then all over. Very disapointing. The entire car needs repainting. Then the transmission went out. Yes, a new one had to be installed. The front left wheel bearing went out, and the transformer for one of the headlights also. A $880 fix for the headlight at the dealer. I now have more money in the car than it's worth. My 17 yr. old drives it now."

It keeps going and going and going

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Very zippy and sporty feel. Great gas mileage."

Cons: "If I had to knit pick, seats are a little stiff."

"To keep it short and simple this car has never let me down. I almost hate to move on from it. 158,000 miles and not a single malfunction or repair needed.... just remarkable."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Good acceleration, handling, smooth ride, reliable"

Cons: "Outside door frame wrap peels"

"I bought my 2000 TL new in late 1999 and have only put 73,000 miles on it because of a short work commute and a hubbie who likes to drive his own vehicle for trips. The only time this car has not started right up is twice when it needed new batteries. It's has great acceleration and handling and is very comfortable to sit in and drive. Being geographically challenged, the Nav system has been a blessing! The Nav is easy to use and delivers me to the accurate location. I'll be sorry to sell it but my nephew is bugging me...he wants it next."

TERRIBLE TRANSMISSIONS

By on Friday, June 4, 2010

"DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING ONE OF THESE...TRANNYS ARE TERRIBLE...SO BAD IN FACT THAT ACURA HAD TO EXTEND THE TRANSMISSION WARRANTY DUE TO THE PRESSURE FROM OWNERS."

just a great car

By on Saturday, April 3, 2010

"My TL Type S has 232000k miles. Never had a problem. My miles are all freeway Los Gato to Auburn, Auburn to Los Gatos every week since new in 2002. Great MPG."

Best BANG for your BUCKS car

By on Sunday, June 21, 2009

"Bought this car for $6K even w/ 150K miles. Why so many miles you might ask? With Acuras, I don't hesistate 'cause like my last Acura w/ 200K miles (which got totaled by another car), they don't break...period. Got my mechanic to check this one out before buying, he said 'Wow, 150K and no oil Leaks?' No CV joint issue, no a/c problem. Just leather, cold A/C and Bose sound system...perfect. Dollar for Dollar, I don't think u can beat the value and reliability offered by an Acura in any luxury class."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TL near Honolulu. See local deals