2016 Acura RLX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $50,623 - $56,006.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 03/30/2017

10/7.7

9.5

Based on 13 Ratings for the 2014 - 2017 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    10.0/10
    9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Exquisite Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Pros: "Amazing driving dynamics, comfortable, quiet, FAST"

Cons: "Double Screen takes time to get used to."

"My third Acura now, Sport-Hybrid w/Advance. Best Acura ever built, extremely quiet. Seats are made for long road trips. 377 HP is a thrill. Super handling all wheel drive is always a great feature for taking the curves. Lots of neat features like heated/cooled seats, power sunshade,concert quality Krell-Audio. Everything is soft touch leather. Conservative styling but also looks different from most. Mercedes quality if not better."

A real surprise to a car aficionado

By on Monday, December 2, 2013

Pros: "Solid, quiet, responsive, tons of fun to drive"

Cons: "No interior LED mood lighting; second rate navi"

"Coming from Mercedes E Class, I was told by the salesman that this car is every bit as good as E Class. I was not a believer. However, when I took a long test ride in the Krell model, I began to reconsider. Now, having been very handily impressed by the test drive and having pulled the trigger on a truly outstanding lease deal on the Silver and Black car I drove, I am now persuaded that if the RLX is not precisely as good as the E Class overall, it is so very close that it would be most difficult to argue to the contrary with the salesman. The Krell system is phenomenal -- definitely better than the otherwise exceptional harmon kardon in the Benz. The ride is a bit stiff as others reviews have pointed out, but not harshly so -- no different than a recent BMW I owned and my Porsche Boxster S with lower profile tires and the 19" wheels -- both just like the RLX. This car does not ride like a Lexus LS, no question about it. But it is solid, incredibly quiet with the acoustic glass, very responsive and nearly German in feel. It is huge fun to drive -- though I only have about 1,000 miles on it, the more I drive it the more I like it. This car is definitely light years different than the RL -- infinitely better in every way possible. I am impressed with all things tech on this car, and all the tech stuff that is standard. Blind spot, braking and lane change warnings; LED rear and front headlights; LED lights in the door handles which illuminate as you approach the car with your smart key; Pandora integrated into the audio system; the usual luxury stuff we are accustomed to having like the Acura Link. The LED headlights are killer -- best lights I have had on a car, including Lexus. The Krell audio system, as indicated, is the only way to go if you want true quality audio -- it is most impressive. The seats are comfortable and they just ... fit. The leather is terrific and the hand stitching on the seats and especially the dash is superlative. Two regrets which keep this from being a 10 for me: The Acura navigation is not as intuitive and as good as Benz or Lexus and the Navi screen has clearly inadequate resolution versus others; and Acura did not use the soft mood LED lighting that Benz and some of the other high line cars use in the interior -- I think that is a nice touch and would have liked to see it in this car along with a better Navi system and a screen with much higher resolution. This car for me is the leased business car, but already I am thinking either that I should have paid for more miles in the lease or bought the darn thing because it is that good! I am definitely impressed with this car and now a believer. With the fabulous lease deal I got, this was a much better value than a new E Class MB."

AWESOME!

By on Thursday, July 28, 2016

Pros: "Drive, Visibility, Safety, Brakes, Suspension"

Cons: "dual screens take some getting used to...."

"The 2016 RLX is thee most underrated upscale sedan out there! I've test driven Lexus GS, ES, Audi, Infiniti Q5, Hyundai Genesis, BMW, etc.... and not one car had both the smooth drive and visibility as the Acura! I'm glad I waited for the 2016 because the suspension has been improved and you notice it. You get a quality, safe vehicle that drives like a dream. It handles well and I love being able to actually see out of the car when I look over my shoulder, unlike a lot of other new model sedans that have back and side pillars that block visibility. If you want a "Legendnesque" sedan that started Acura's rise to the top, drive this car!!!"

Impressive and Bold Acura Flagship

By on Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pros: "Outstanding performer"

Cons: "Wish someone would design a place for the phones"

"Having read for years that the TL was just as good is no longer true. As a serial buyer of Acuras and Hondas, this household has finally found a true flagship worthy of the term. Purchase process was fairly good. One mis-step was the dealership failed to properly register the car's AcuraLink system. I spent three hours at the dealership trying to figure it out. As a new car in production there have been a couple of strange bugs that have shown up in the software of the car at unique times. There is a software upgrade that will be patched into the car next time I'm at the dealership. These are minor and not worth preventing driving the car or enjoying the vehicle. Now that that is out of the way... Let me tell you, this is a wonderful vehicle. The new headlights are insanely crisp and clear. I honestly doubted the salesmen and the pitch, but it is true. The new headlights provide amazing color at night. The two screen center console takes a bit to get programmed properly for the individual. There are just so many options for entertainment input that it might be overly complicated. I'm happy with six presets and I'm done. My younger generation has Aha, Pandora, XM-Sirius and I'm sure things I don't know about programmed into the car. We have the Technology Package and find that it provides a very well equipped vehicle for a daily driver. Engine power is good. Acceleration isn't for those who are looking for an M5, but most buyers of the Acura RLX are looking for a quality product that does the job very well. Fast isn't a deciding criteria. Design is just unique enough that I'm happy with it. We had previously owned the ZDX and got lots of looks and inquiries. Now people just look and nod. Personally that is more my style. The car has warning systems that are effective. Lane Departure Warning can be irritating if you drive the left side of a lane as do I. But it is accurate and smart. Curves are as well identified as straight pursuits. This is a worthy competitor to the Audi A6 (had one of them), BMW 5 series (had one of them), and Mercedes E class (had one of them too). Might not be as fast, but it certainly reliable, comfortable, and capable for those looking for just those things and not needing a brand badge. By the way, good job Acura!"

Great car for the money

By on Friday, November 8, 2013

Pros: "Price, ride is a little stiff"

Cons: "Smaller than Lexus LS but so is the price"

"I have only owned it a month. I previously owned a Lexus LS. Front suspension a little tight and you notice every crack in the road but apparently it is designed that way. 19 inch tires and front wheel drive of Acura probably the culprit. This car is a great value when compared to the LS at $80,000. LS was a smoother ride and had a few more trinkets like auto door, and auto dimming. Acura has a lot of pep."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next