1996 Acura RL

9.5

Based on 209 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

9.7/10

Love my car

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"I bought my 2000 RL used, but with only 2,000 miles on it. What a deal! It now has 130,500 miles on it and I have no complaints. It was built both for comfort and longevity! The original tires had 76,000 miles on them when I bought new ones. No kidding! I replaced the back brakes at around 90,000 miles and the front brakes at 120,000 miles. I'm safety minded and did not wait until it "had" to be done. I've had all the work done at the dealer. The only "weird" maintenance issue I've had was in the emissions system where the emitters (?) had to be cleaned (around 90,000mi). That was a $600 service; about $50 in parts and the rest in labor. Otherwise, I've just followed the maintenance schedule. My only complaint is that the plastic piece surrounding the bottom of the driver's seat cracked and then broke, leaving it hanging. Given the sturdiness of the rest of the vehicle, this disappointed me. I'm not that hard on the interior. I'm not sure when I'll trade in. I'm pretty sure that I'll see it roll over 200,000 miles. But, I have been taking a closer look at the MDX. :-)"

Best car I ever owned

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

"135,000 miles, nine years old, and it drives like a new car. Anybody who buys this car used for $5-$7K is stealing it."

A great luxury sedan

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Supreme comfort; a perfect road trip car."

Cons: "For me, none."

"I am the second owner of this car, having bought it in May 2011 when it had 56000 miles. The RL has everything one could ask for in this type of car: fantastic comfort and convenience, luxurious, roomy interior, ultra-smooth, quiet, well-controlled ride and a powerful, silent, smooth-as-silk engine. Reliability has been excellent with only an oxygen sensor needing replacement."

Great Vehicle by Honda

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "comfort, reliability, style, price"

Cons: "needs better sensors, window motors, and mileage."

"This car was a gem. I recently sold it. It was very reliable, it would have a few issues with bad sensors, but other than that I never had any major work done to it. Honda makes a great product, just maintain it, treat it well, and it'll continue to do the job for years to come. I was the 2nd owner of this car and bought it when it had about 68k 12 year ago; it now has over 331k on it and it's still running like a champ. I had some mechanical issues with the window motors on the passenger side going out on it, but those are relatively cheap to fix if one can buy the parts and install them yourself. Most people put videos up on youtube so it makes doing a lot of the labor fairly straight forward, easy, and will save you a heck of a lot of money. I recently bought another Acura, but it's a 2008 TL, loaded with 34k miles on it. This car will last me another 12 years and I'll be babying this one as well. I highly recommend going on line and buying a product called Protec; it's an anti-friction lubricant that you put in the oil, and transmission. This will dramatically increase the life of each of these areas. Proof is in the pudding they say. With the Acura RL, 331K, no engine or transmission problems. I think the longevity of the RL was due to Honda engineering and Protec. MPG is alright for a V6, but Honda can make it the MPG a lot better than 26."

Solid Car

By on Friday, June 6, 2008

"A great car, mine has 160,000 miles on it. It doesn't break down. But the emissions system is a constant problem on these cars, mine needs service every couple of years. Parts are also very expensive when you do need them."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura RL near Honolulu. See local deals