2011 Acura RDX

Based on 199 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"I work in the car industry and thus get to own and drive multiple vehicles. I have owned multiple Lexus SUV's and Infiniti FX35, among many other SUV's of small to medium caliber. I have driven thousands of vehicles for my job. RDX is the best vehicle I've ever driven/owned. Why? Simply because it fits my every need. I love the turbo charged engine in an small suv. I can still jump medians/curbs and have the power, too! Visibility is top notch with no blind spots. Of course, I have the technology package! (Navi, back up camera). What is the point of owning a luxury vehicle without that?? I love the simplicity, the sportiness as well as the luxury all combined in this very cute, yet mean and powerful SUV. Highly recommended. No issues at all. Very, very fun suv! Two things I would change: power passenger seat and fully automatic headlights. Otherwise, A+"

Best snow and wet road traction of AWD vehicles

By on Saturday, April 5, 2014

Pros: "Handling, brakes, traction, the turbos a blast"

Cons: "Stiff suspension"

"I've owned this car for 7 years. I've never had any quality/reliability issues with it, ever. Great handling car, great brakes, good acceleration. By far, the best snow traction of any vehicle I've ever driven, including other 4wd vehicles. While other trucks and cars are sliding around, this one's SH-AWD sticks to the road like glue. The suspension is stiff, so if you like a soft ride this is not for you. Small and nimble for great cornering and easy parking."

Follow up review from march 2008

By on Thursday, January 28, 2010

"I have now owned my '07 RDX for over 2.5 years and I can tell you I am still as happy with it now as I was the day I drove it off the lot. I just surpassed 54,000 miles today and the only unscheduled maintenance I have had to perform was a battery replacement about two weeks ago which was 100% covered by the warranty. This vehicle has surpassed every expectation I have ever had regarding maintaining it's value. It still blue books for $23,900 as a private party sell, not that I would EVER sell it. When my '07 is paid off in about 6 months I plan on buying the 2010 model. I have never reset the Trip A on the odometer so I can keep track of the lifetime gas mileage of the car which right now sits at 22.5mpg. I do a lot of mixed city/highway driving. I keep my foot off the pedal as much as possible on the highway but I will pounce on it in the city. Overall the mileage is great compared to similarly sized V6 CUV's. To this day I have never put a non Top-Tier gasoline in this vehicle and I believe that that might have something to do with my mileage. Thank you for reading this and if you are considering a used '07-'09 RDX you should absolutely jump on it. This is a wonderful vehicle and an absolute joy to drive."

Fun, fun car

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"This car is a blast to drive. There are things I feel are missing like automatic headlights and wipers, memory seats and a smart key. The ride is stiff, but I like that, it feels like you are really in command of the vehicle. The car feels much smaller than it is when driving. The bluetooth is great. The voice command doesn't always understand me and that can be frustrating. There are things you can do to make yourself better understood and mostly they do help. There is a bit of turbo lag when going uphill from a dead stop but the performance on the freeway is spectacular. All in all I love this car!"

My fav car ever

By on Monday, October 7, 2013

Pros: "A blast to drive, comfortable but sporty"

Cons: "Avg 20mpg, must use premium b/c turbo. Who cares."

Showing off

"I bought my rdx the first week it came out in 2006. I have zero complaints. It's beautiful. Sporty. Comfy. Fast. The turbo makes it a true sleeper. People are always shocked at how fast it is. It's super comfortable for long trips. Holds way more than you could imagine. Handles like a car, but you sit higher up and feel safer like an suv. Sound system is sick. Since taking off all the badging I have people coming up to me all the time to ask what it is. I love my RDX!"

Showing off

I love this vehicle, even after 5 years!

By on Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Pros: "I like being up higher than in a sedan."

Cons: "Would like better gas mileage."

"Honda makes reliable cars. Originally I intended to buy the CRV, but did not like the gear shift placement. I test drove every cross-over I could and fell in love with the RDX. I have no regrets. At first I had reservations about a 4 cylinder, Turbo engine, but the Turbo kicks in nicely to provide the boost for passing. I had downsized from a V-6, so it took awhile to get used to the Turbo. After 5 years, there are no rattles or clunks. There is plenty of leg room and cargo space. The RDX has the feel of solidity and integrity. The leather upholstery and heated seats give that sense of luxury associated with a more costly vehicle. For many reasons, this is the perfect vehicle for me. While the car isn't a gas hog, sometimes I do envy my neighbor's Hybrid vehicle. I have taken good care of this vehicle and have had no mechanical problems at all."

Proud Owner

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Design, good price and quality."

Cons: "Arm rest cover brake easily. To fix it cost $200"

"Good mileage. Easy to park. The MDX is starting to look like the RDX. The MDX was too heavy for us. The RDX is Fast when needed. If I want to safe money on gas I am easy on the accelerator. That makes a huge difference."

Love it, one or two things I wish I had

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "See above, very few."

"I own a 2008 with only 27k miles. I wish the passenger seat had been or is available in power. I wish the A/C and Heat had a vent going to the rear and I wish the gas mileage was more on track. What I get and what they claim are 3 to 4 mpg different, highway and around town. I wish the rear hatch was power. None of those options were offered but I added the couple that could be except for Nav. I added wood, exterior molding and hand painted beautiful pin striping. I prefer a portable Nav and how they work so I opted not to take the NAV package. I have the bluetooth phone option, it works great. The crossover overall is a DELIGHT! I highly recommend it. I liked all of the options included but wish I could go back and get the MDX instead for some of the above "wishes." In the near future I'm going to purchase the MDX or Lexus 350 (depending on their warranty.) For those of you that don't know, the Acura RDX has a FULL 60k/7 year warranty!!!!!! I paid over 10 k less than friends Murano's or 15k less than BMW X3's. The RDX rated a 5.0 for safety, the BMW was very low. All in all, it's a great crossover with a TURBO and AWD, handles the road beautifully and has a high warranty. I paid around 36 with tax. I would take $28 to $29 k today with a mere 27,500 in mileage. That's the KBB private party list. My extras weren't listed. (Moldings, plan for wheels etc.)"

fun ride

By on Saturday, November 8, 2008

"I bought the 2009 model recently, the vehicle has quality craftmanship, luxurious and stylish interior, fun technology package, and excellent driving performance. I have not run into any problems with the vehicle so far, and hope to keep it for years to come. What really makes this car is the beautiful interior and the technology package, which includes a really nice stereo."

Tons of options included

By on Friday, June 10, 2011

Pros: "Value, Fun, Extras!"

Cons: "gas mileage - the turbo kills any advantage the 4 cylinder gets you."

"Everything you'd expect from an Acura! Great Value and reliability. The turbo makes this vehicle fun to drive. Like all Acuras, not many options, but that is what makes this brand a winner. For the base price of its competitors you get a fully loaded RDX. Apples to Apples the RDX is hands down a better value than thes rest of the class. Resale value continues to stay high. My only knock on this vehicle is the stock wheels - Get the optional 20" wheels with low profile tires to enhance the looks."

Fun Vehicle

By on Thursday, September 30, 2010

"The RDX is a nice combination of practicality and fun. The cargo area is big enough with the back seat down to handle chairs,bikes,snow blowers,etc. The RDX with all wheel drive handles Midwest winters well. I have had this vehicle for three years with absolutely no problems. The RDX handles amazingly well but the stiff suspension is the price for that, The turbo moves the car well when you need to accelerate quickly. The mileage is nothing to brag about. Over three years I averaged 19 mpg in a mx of city and highway driving. Most other small SUV's with comparable features cost considerably more."

Best car I ever had

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Really fun to drive and very comfortable."

Cons: "Wish it got better gas mileage."

"This is the best car I have ever had. It really, really likes to be going about 80 which is fun. It has a lot of "getupandgo" which comes in handy when you live in a town where we have lots of tourists (with rental cars) who drive like they have never driven before. Defensive driving is this car's mission in life. And it just looks so, so cool. This is a luxury car with the speed of a sports car. It's very comfortable to drive and has everything I need."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Saturday, March 27, 2010

"I've had the RDX for almost 3 yrs. and 50,000 miles. I loved it when I bought it, and I love it more every time I drive it. The handling is absolutely incredible: as nimble as a sports sedan with better traction and SH-AWD. Engine is very powerful, yet gets decent (20-21 avg.) mileage. The Tech package is WELL worth the money - great nav. system with accurate traffic updates, XM, heated seats, moonroof, and the best auto sound system I've ever heard. Interior is extremely comfortable, roomy, and flexible for a small SUV. The RDX is also very reliable: only 1 minor problem in 3 years. Mostly, it's just fun to drive. Only minor con: slightly harsh/noisy ride due to stiff suspension (but it actually soaks up big bumps incredibly well) - like a sports sedan. If you don't mind that, you will LOVE this vehicle."

Super Acura

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"I love this car. The value you get for your dollar is excellent compared withthe other Lux. CUV. And the Sound system is out of this world! Make sure you listen to the DVD Audio system. It makes you feel like you are in the middle of the band! It is not a soft drive. It is a great sports car transition step from a coupe to a SUV. It is comfortable. I have a family with 2 kids and all love it. The Navigation system is the best! I've looked and tried a lot of them and this is the winner. It also works while you are driving. You don't have to stop to use your navi. I know there is a dial on this car, but the system also has an incredible voice activated system that runs my music, navi, and even the air conditioner. There are also seperate buttons for each device. Most of all the top reported safety through the Insurance Institute was the decision maker for me. I didn't want to be in a car that rated Poor like a couple of its competitors. Name brand or not, give me functionality and safety for status and not just an old image that doesn't produce a quality current reliable car."

Comfortable and Impressive

By on Saturday, July 7, 2007

"I just purchased a new home and went through the joy of moving and have been constantly impressed by the roominess of the interior to transport my stuff. It saved me many trips if I had still been in my sedan. The ride is super-comfortable and it's got the get-up-and-go when I need it on the highway. Once you get the technology package you don't need anything else. Super SUV crossover."

Great Value

By on Thursday, May 24, 2007

"I was considering the BMW M3 and the Lexus RX 350 as alternatives to this car but in the end the value of the RDX beat the both. There's alot included in the price and if you opt for the tech package like I did you get the benefit of the nav, rear view camera and a feature that I find myself using more and more I try and get around the city is the voice recognition. All in all a great car although the turbo lag is noticable and the ride could be a bit better for a luxury vehicle. Other than that you can't go wrong with this car."

Great Crossover

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pros: "Powerful engine, reliable, smooth ride, handles li"

Cons: "small trunk,speakers weak,"

"Love this vehicle, she is very reliable and rides very smooth. She has a nice powerful engine so i had no problems passing on the highway when needed. The armrest has tons of space which i thought was a bonus since the glove compartment was so small. Other than minor things like brakes, oil changes, tire rotations, rotors and everyday needed repairs i have had very little issues with her. I highly recommend this vehicle, very well built. Driving feels grounded, sturdy and does well off road as well."

The RDX can take a hit

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

"Best vehicle I have ever owned. I was recently in an accident and was astonished at how well the RDX handled the impact. All three cars involved in the accident were totaled but the RDX was the only one that all the safety features worked properly. I left the accident with just a small red mark on my arm from the airbag. I've already purchased a 2012 RDX because I know my family will be safe should the unexpected happen again."

Fun, reliable and amazingly roomy little SUV

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, flexibility, fun"

Cons: "Acceleration, gas mileage, seat memory and control"

"Although the RDX is Acura's smaller SUV, I have found that it is impressively roomy in terms of what its cargo space will fit. I have put everything from concrete pavers to an 8-foot Christmas tree in the back of this vehicle with no problems...just put down the back seat and you are good to go. Gas mileage is not great (about 19mpg average in my experience) and acceleration is a bit jerky, but overall this little SUV is fun to drive. The nav system takes some getting used to, and like most other systems needs updating to keep it really useful. Stereo system sound quality is terrific when using CDs, not as great when using the satellite radio or external MP3 jack. Interior appointments are a little sparse for this quality vehicle, with the 2007 model lacking driver's side seat memory and push-button passenger side seat controls (these are manual), but the leather seats are comfortable. The RDX is a very reliable vehicle that has not needed any major repairs (and only one or two minor repairs) in the four years I've owned it."

Great Sport Ute

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "Price and standard options"

Cons: "Uneven power band"

"Turbo is great, power band/acceleration is uneven at times...otherwise a great car given the standard options and price vs. BMWX3"

Great Sporty SUV

By on Friday, April 8, 2011

"Bought the rdx after debating between bmw x3, audi Q5 and acura rdx. RDX gives the most value. Big enough to haul family when visiting. Otherwise happy to be in my g37x coupe. Its sporty, excellent handling in the snow thru all the new england storms this past winter. SH-AWD is amazing!! Ride is firm, but expected for a sporty SUV. Gas mileage not to great, but I have a heavy foot! Had it for a year now. Love the audio system although not better than the bose in my infiniti. Love the fact that i can play audio thru USB drive and stream music from pandora/itunes on my ipad or iphone via bluetooth!!"

Great Alternative to MDX

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"I drove my Acura CL3.0 until it hit 200K miles before moving up to a 4WD. I searched other manufacturers to get a lower price but found that Acura still offered the best value. All the bells and whistles are included. The only option is with or without the technology package. The car/truck is stylish and sophisticated. Superb handling in all weather conditions. The ride is a bit bumpier since I was used to the CL. Overall I absolutely love this car! It's a great alternative to the larger and pricier popular MDX."

CROSSOVER MUSCLE

By on Saturday, January 1, 2011

"First time I test drove a RDX; fell in love. I have mine since August and Soo glad I chose this. I actually love the new exterior/emblem of the acura flagship so no problem here for me. Pros: Standard amenities are off the top considering you will have to pay additional amongst its competitors. Sport handling/Acceleration and comfort is excellent. Roomy and ride is superb making it a comfortable long drive. Cons: gas Milege (if you have a heavy feet) avg. 19/23mpg (my rdx is the two wheel drive not the awd). Maintanance is good rating (full syntetic and needs 91' gas) If you want a crossover that will give you your money's worth; I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CAR."

By on Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"This vehicle is awesome. We've owned it for 2 years now and love it. Very reliable, we've had no service issues at all. Nice to be able to drive 5000 miles before oil change as it takes synthetic oil. Also, Acuras hold their value so well, we purchased it for 33,500 new and it could be traded in for 24,000 2 years later. Nicely sized for family of 4, good gas milege as well. The RDX is also fast if you need it to be since it has the Turbo engine. LOVE ACURA!"

2009 RDX

By on Friday, March 26, 2010

"What I like - reliability, quality, handling (especially in bad weather/snow), driver's seat comfort, ease of folding down back seats, cargo capacity, easy to read/nice looking gauges What I would change - prefer a 6 cyl to a 4 cyl/turbo, better fuel economy (I get about 19 overall), automatic liftgate, adjustable ride quality (sport/comfort) Overall I love it and would recommend to anyone"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura RDX near Honolulu. See local deals