2004 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

Can't sell it, great suv!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, and everything else"

Cons: "gas mileage and requires premium"

"I've been looking at buying a new car and just don't feel like many of the new cars are much of an upgrade to my MDX. I bought this car with 90k miles on it, it now has 209k. In that time, I've only had to put an EGR valve in and do routine maintenance. There is a clunking in the front end now but that's pretty much a given on Michigan roads for high mileage cars. It seems like my friends and family always have their car in the shop but I'm confident in mine. The AWD and traction control gets this car through the snow without a problem. I've almost forgotten that snow is a problem for some people. Sound system is great. The car drives as smooth as silk, even with its high miles. The only thing that I don't like about this car is the gas mileage and the fact that it must be run on premium. Also there have been a few times that the stability control has involuntarily braked on dry pavement recently."

192K miles with normal maintenaince!!

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "best navigation still, great ride"

Cons: "tow hitch rusts"

"I bought this car new in 2004, it currently has 192K miles on it and all I have had to do is the normal scheduled maintenance. Just finishing up on third set of tires and still get the average gas mileage as when new. If you take care of this car it will last a long time and won't break your wallet to maintain."

GOOD, BUT...

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"Loved it initially then had several issues hit right near warranty expiration date: electrical issue with interior lights (covered), fuel injector system/valves (?) replaced twice (covered both times), rear AC unit went out (replaced at my cost), rear view mirror fell off and had to replace entire system at my cost, towing package electrical system went out and argued to get Acura to replace at their cost, and the biggies- we're on the 2nd transmission and 1 torque converter despite having the towing package installed and maintaining vehicle according manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule and towing far below the vehicle's capacity for only 2 years. That being said, the MDX's HP did a great job pulling the light load and up even steep boat ramps when locked in 4WD. The good news- Acura covered the transmissions at their cost both times despite being beyond warranty but boy, what a nuisance. Moving on to another vehicle before this one ends up costing me more than it is worth as it begins to self destruct. Despite issues, enjoyed the vehicle for over 100K miles but need something more reliable where it is easier to access the 3rd row with 2 car seats in place in 2nd row when transporting additional passengers. Yup- the dreaded minivan. MDX was great for the 2 of us then 4 of us but only folks with short legs who are nimble can get to that 3rd row easily and stay there comfortably for longer trips especially when you have any cargo in back."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted