2003 Acura MDX

Based on 416 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Very Reliable Overall

By on Friday, December 2, 2011

Pros: "Good handling in bad weather"

Cons: "Premium Fuel Only"

"My girlfriend and I were looking for an SUV and looked around for a while drove a few vehicles but I was not impressed, then we saw this one at an Acura dealer in Dallas stop by took a drive, I have to say I drive a 7 series BMW and after driving this particular vehicle I was impressed, the weather was a bit wet but the vehicle feel't solid on bad weather, the interior is well designed no issues with cheap like materials etc, the controls are very well designed and well placed,again the handling of this vehicle is from really good to excellent, i recommend you drive it to experience what I felt when I drove it, the only drawback is this vehicle only burns premium fuel other then that, is a very well made very well equipped vehicle"

The do it all SUV!

By on Monday, September 6, 2010

"A little over priced due to Acura name but no need to worry because resale value is awesome. Exterior styling is beautiful and so is the interior. Engine has more than enough power to pass on the highway and tow what you want. Handling is a little on the firm side and a little unnerving when swerving at highway speed but overall a nice smooth mostly quiet ride with some road noise. Third row seat comes in handy when needed and easily stored. With both rear rows down I moved washers and dryers, and everything in between. Roof rack is useful for over-sized cargo. Nav system is one of the best I've used. Buttons are laid out nicely. Voice recognition is useless as its quicker just to press the buttons. Seats are a tiny bit on the cramped side for bigger drivers but nothing to complain about. All in all I love my MDX and can't wait to update to newer version."

Original Owner for 7 years

By on Saturday, January 2, 2010

"Up until Nov of '09 I said even though I owned this car for 7 years it was SO reliable I had no reason to replace it but then, to my utter surprise the transmission starting slipping and within a week was broken. Since I only had 86,000 miles on it Acura paid half the cost of the new transmission: my share $2800. I admit they charge a very high price for a new one but my paying half of their high price was less than a local mechanic would charge and they warrenty it for 3 years and gave me a brand new TL to drive while it was in the shop. I would have given it all five stars before this happened."

Not Impressed

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"I've had Hondas for a number of years. The 2001 MDX was my first Acura. The transmission blew out on this car and I had it rebuilt. I didn't realize that there was a serious problem with the 2001 transmissions until a Honda mechanic told me that the Honda had an extended warranty to 110,000 on the transmissions while Acura did not. This made no sense since the Acuras are more expensive."

love it

By on Saturday, April 5, 2008

"i bought a 2002 MDX used from a dealership in 2005. It was previously leased. I was considering a "new" car at this point. When I saw the MDX I decided that a used Acura was still a much better deal and would hold it's value better than the new "other brand". I couldn't have been more RIGHT! I have had no, that's right NO problems with this vehicle. The routine maintenance, even done at the dealership is reasonably priced. I have owned a BMW before and felt every time I brought it for service, they would try to convince me something expensive was needed immediately. I have never had this with my Acura- better made vehicle (Honda motor corp) and the dealership does whatever they can to make customers happy. For example I was very upset the day I bought it, ran over a nail at my supermarket parking lot on the way home and called the dealer to get it patched, they gave me a NEW TIRE! very happy with this vehicle. by the way, it has 120,000 miles on it still acts new!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura MDX near Honolulu. See local deals