2003 Acura MDX

Based on 414 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

295,000 miles!!..still comfortable ride

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"I bought this 2002 Touring in autumn of 2001, day after 9/11...handles great, especially on wet pavement....I have 295,000 miles on this car...transmission was replaced under warranty at 40,000 miles, I put a rebuillt transmission in at 222,000 ($2,800)...never any other problems...road noise is more so than Lexus, but handles much better than lexus..mud guard on back tire rotted after 2 years...engine still runs great, no vibrations from engine or interior..gas mileage is 16-18 mpg consistantly...you do not have to use premium gas-91 octane, but I always have...great car..I like the body style better than the new model..new model looks too much like crv.."

Great bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"I have owned several SUV's and this by far is the best. I have 20k miles on it thus far. Great family car. People cant believe the size inside. Is bigger then shows outside. Was rear-ended by a school bus. Very little damage to the MDX. The Bus however was banged up in the front completely. Cars like this are a rare build these days. Gave styling a 4 star. Only knock I could give given I own a 2006 and the styling didnt change from 2001. **BOTTOM LINE- If you can find a deal on one of these Babies....BUY IT!"

Very Reliable Overall

By on Friday, December 2, 2011

Pros: "Good handling in bad weather"

Cons: "Premium Fuel Only"

"My girlfriend and I were looking for an SUV and looked around for a while drove a few vehicles but I was not impressed, then we saw this one at an Acura dealer in Dallas stop by took a drive, I have to say I drive a 7 series BMW and after driving this particular vehicle I was impressed, the weather was a bit wet but the vehicle feel't solid on bad weather, the interior is well designed no issues with cheap like materials etc, the controls are very well designed and well placed,again the handling of this vehicle is from really good to excellent, i recommend you drive it to experience what I felt when I drove it, the only drawback is this vehicle only burns premium fuel other then that, is a very well made very well equipped vehicle"

The do it all SUV!

By on Monday, September 6, 2010

"A little over priced due to Acura name but no need to worry because resale value is awesome. Exterior styling is beautiful and so is the interior. Engine has more than enough power to pass on the highway and tow what you want. Handling is a little on the firm side and a little unnerving when swerving at highway speed but overall a nice smooth mostly quiet ride with some road noise. Third row seat comes in handy when needed and easily stored. With both rear rows down I moved washers and dryers, and everything in between. Roof rack is useful for over-sized cargo. Nav system is one of the best I've used. Buttons are laid out nicely. Voice recognition is useless as its quicker just to press the buttons. Seats are a tiny bit on the cramped side for bigger drivers but nothing to complain about. All in all I love my MDX and can't wait to update to newer version."

Original Owner for 7 years

By on Saturday, January 2, 2010

"Up until Nov of '09 I said even though I owned this car for 7 years it was SO reliable I had no reason to replace it but then, to my utter surprise the transmission starting slipping and within a week was broken. Since I only had 86,000 miles on it Acura paid half the cost of the new transmission: my share $2800. I admit they charge a very high price for a new one but my paying half of their high price was less than a local mechanic would charge and they warrenty it for 3 years and gave me a brand new TL to drive while it was in the shop. I would have given it all five stars before this happened."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura MDX near Honolulu. See local deals