2003 Acura MDX

Based on 415 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"My wife and I bought our 03 w/touring package new and had a few minor issues in the beginning but all were covered under warranty. Since then it has been nothing but smooth sailing. We have all services performed at the dealer (can be expensive but we have a record of all services done) and use premium gas in it. We average 17 mixed driving and 21 on the road, my wife can get better but I drive a bit more aggressively than her. The kids love the factory dvd player and use it everytime they get into it. It has been a very good vehicle and we plan on keeping it for a long time to come. I would recommend one to anyone!"

Wow. Just wow.

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "Great engine, bulletproof and strong"

Cons: "Not the prettiest vehicle, seat warmers suck"

"I bought mine with 140k miles on it and am nearing 200k. It needed a valve adjustment and new struts in the last 20k miles, but since then this thing still runs like new. Seats show some wear, driver seat warmer didn't work when we bought it (and broke again since we fixed it). Nav system only works partially but I use my phone anyway.Jumps off the line if you need it to, rides super smooth. No head turner, but it just keeps on running SUPER smooth. Sound system rocks."

I love this car

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "super"

Cons: "Directions clearer on how to take the jack out"

"I am now at 166,000 miles. My husband has gotten 2 new cars since our marriage and he can't rip this one out of my hands. i love it because of the turning radius and absolutely no blind spot. It handles well to this day and acura stands by their cars having replaced my transmission for free at 103,000 miles. Yes, out of warranty, a new transmission for free! This was the first year for the MDX.(2001). I can't seem to find a replacement vehicle I like. Sure wish the new MDX had the same window view we grew up with. The old school,turn and look, is a thing of the past? I just can't get used to the rear camera my husband has. Just not me... Come on Acura make your new MDX with the same 2001 windows!"

Best car owned

By on Friday, October 26, 2012

"Bought new, 180,000 miles later no problems. Truly amazing. Our 3 boys learned how to drive in this car and beat up on it pretty well, but never have had any abnormal issues to date. Definatley get what you pay for. Have had to FL from OH more times than we can count with 4 passengers and although can get cramped truly is a great traveling car. Great on the highway and good pickup around town."

295,000 miles!!..still comfortable ride

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"I bought this 2002 Touring in autumn of 2001, day after 9/11...handles great, especially on wet pavement....I have 295,000 miles on this car...transmission was replaced under warranty at 40,000 miles, I put a rebuillt transmission in at 222,000 ($2,800)...never any other problems...road noise is more so than Lexus, but handles much better than lexus..mud guard on back tire rotted after 2 years...engine still runs great, no vibrations from engine or interior..gas mileage is 16-18 mpg consistantly...you do not have to use premium gas-91 octane, but I always have...great car..I like the body style better than the new model..new model looks too much like crv.."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura MDX near Honolulu. See local deals