2013 Acura ILX

8.4

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

excellent car

By on Saturday, March 4, 2017

Pros: "safety, powerful engine, comfortable ride"

Cons: "no spare tire, trunk space, no good for tall man"

"Powerful engine.. the ILX is very stable, Noise is acceptable. if you compare the price you paid with Lexus or others, it is a excellent deal. This car will last forever if you maintain properly. My previous Honda civic I drove over 18 years (over 370,000 km and no burning oil), then, traded in for my new 2017 Acura ILX. I believe that my civic can go to another 5 more years. This ILX has a strong and heavy body, if you want a quiet ride, you can get a different tires installed. This ILX give you a lot of safety features and most important is reliable, other cars can cost a lot of money for that, but reliability is not good. I saw many reviews for this car is not fair, remember and think how much you pay for 2017 ILX first, you cannot use the car that you pay over 10,000 more to compare with 2017 ILX."

Great Car - But I Miss the TSX Fun

By on Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Pros: "Solid touring vehicle, great braking and handling"

Cons: "Hesitant acceleration, poor gas mileage"

"This is my 3rd Honda and my 2nd Acura. After 300K+ miles and 11 years, I gave my old 2004 TSX to my son who is still driving it. I decided to lease a new 2016 ILX after Acura did the redesign of the exterior and put back the peppy and quick VR4 that was in my TSX. On the plus side, the car is just like the TSX: great handling, terrific on corners and curves, super reliable, solid feel, awesome braking, beautiful long drive on the road touring vehicle, takes 5 passengers around town comfortably with room for luggage, and gets lots of compliments on the styling and interior design. Gas mileage is okay - but not the 29 mpg average promised. Only getting 27 consistently when 1-2 passengers, much less with a full car. On the minus side, I wish the car was like the TSX: the dual screen technology seems redundant and is very distracting compared to the single touch screen the TSX had, the acceleration is hesitant - the car seems to 'think' about moving faster before it actually goes into gears. Gas mileage sucks in city driving. Freeway is 31mpg only, not the 35mpg promised. OVERALL: Great car, just wish Honda/Acura had not removed the 'fun' and 'simple' aspect of the TSX. Sadly, sometimes I want to take back my old TSX from my son and give him the ILX...."

EXCEEDS NEW MODEL EXPECTATIONS

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "LOVE THE LOOK & DRIVING CHARACTERISTICS & CURRENT"

Cons: "MISS EXTRA ZIP & STORAGE OF OUR LARGER TSX"

"HAVE DRIVEN HONDA PRODUCTS SINCE 1996 AFTER DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCES WITH OLDS AND PONTIAC. PURCHASED OUR 1ST ACURAS IN 1992. SINCE OWNED INTEGRA'S CL'S, TL'S & TSX'S. WANTED A SWEET SMALL LUXURY SEDAN AGAIN TO COMPLIMENT OUR TSX, AND THE NEW ILX FITS THE BILL. TEST DROVE TWICE, 2 MONTHS APART AND WAS SOLD. GREAT INTERIOR LOOK & COMFORT FOR A SMALLER SEDAN, FRONT & REAR. TECH PACKAGE IS GREAT. SUPER AUDIO, GPS & VOICE COMMAND SYSTEMS. WIFE LOVES IT. HEAD TURNER STYLING. EXPECTING SAME SERVICE AND QUALITY WE'VE COME TO KNOW WITH ACURA & HONDA."

Nice blend of economy, performance and reliability

By on Friday, May 20, 2016

"Quicker, quieter, nicer interior, more comfortable than a civic or mazda 3. The 8-speed DCT with paddle shifters is a huge performance bump. Not quite as quick or good on the skid pad as an Audi or BMW but better fuel economy and much less to maintain. Just a good mix of them all. My favorite compromise between the German entry luxury and the economy and reliability of the Japanese."

There's more to life than horsepower

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "TOP comfort, features, & refinement for the value"

Cons: "Low on power, suspension on the softer side"

"I was apprehensive about this car at first. I drive an American performance-oriented car and my wife drove an old Honda Accord sedan. Recently we realized that we need a replacement for her car and started shopping around. We had around $30,000 to play with and were going to settle for something like a Mazda6 or a Buick Verano when this car caught our attention. --- At first, I was unimpressed. 150 horses isn't a lot, though the car is pretty small and light.. About 500 lbs lighter than the Accord sedan it would replace. We were disappointed that the "sporty" model with the highly-lauded and high revving Civic Si engine did not come with automatic (I guess that makes sense) or technology package (meaning no Nav). Wife doesn't want to drive stick every day, so we were suck with the 150 horses. --- I'll admit, it's slow. But after taking a couple of test drives in this car plus some others, I've come to the conclusion that contrary to what my mindset was before looking at this car - remember I drive a performance-oriented American car - there really is more to life than horsepower. The engine has enough spunk to speed off from a stop sign with ease, and just enough to make passing maneuvers on the highway safe and not a struggle. You won't win any stoplight derbies against anyone actually trying, though. --- What makes up for it is everything else. The styling is attractive. The 2014 model has a standard upgraded interior. The center console is elegantly designed for this price range and very intuitive, like on most Hondas/Acuras. Nothing superfluous or overly-complicated. The seats are comfortable, even for long trips, and the leather is high quality. --- The driving dynamics, OTHER than the power, are great too. Typical Honda/Acura light steering, which lets you handle the car with ease, but with a decent amount of feedback from the wheel compared to other brands that offer light steering with little driving feedback at all. Very good handling for a front-wheel drive car, with almost unnoticeable torque-steer under load. The engine is also buttery-smooth and very refined, as are most Honda 4 cylinder engines. No, it's not the Si engine, but it feels almost as happy to rev (and believe me, you'll have to). The suspension is a little soft, definitely not sport-tuned, but for an entry luxury car, I didn't expect the suspension to have the tightness of a sports car. Overall, averaging about 30 mpg, so no complaints there. --- Value-wise, this is a STEAL. We paid right around $30,000 for a smartly designed car with all the right features - Leather, well-designed nav/infotainment system, backup camera, Pandora radio, voice control, bluetooth all integrated, and a lot more. Can't think of many cars in this price range that offer all of these features in such a nice package. --- Overall, I think we made the right choice. Maybe it's a little frustrating to have to mash the gas pedal to get some oomph out of the car, but everything else falls right into place. Also, unlike with other brands, we know that Honda/Acura make quality cars that are built to last. Our Accord had over 200K miles on it and was still going strong with its 4 cylinder engine, so we have no doubt that this car will do the same. I would highly recommend this car to any of my friends, as well as anyone reading this review."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura ILX near Honolulu. See local deals