2014 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,991 - $37,618.

7.7

Based on 443 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Hate this vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"I bought this vehicle about 3 years ago, and have had major, major repairs. I spent more than I wanted to, thinking the Volvo name would mean quality. Unfortunately it has been nothing but a money pit. The ride is comfortable and the design and styling is nice, but the excessive repairs have ruined the whole experience for me."

Not worth the money

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"My car has had electrical problems since the first month when I bought it new in 2006. Dealer has not been able to fix it because "cannot duplicate" the problem. No longer under warranty and repairs are costly, not to mention regular maintenance. Would not recommend Volvo cars to anyone!"

Love this car

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "very responsive, great on gas, very solid"

Cons: "little bugs to be fixed, repairs are expensive."

"I really love this car. Fully loaded with DVD player, 4wd, 2.5t. So sorry they dont have the turbo on new ones because the car has such good pick up off the line and really surprisingly good on gas (we got 26 mpg on trips). Handles like a car but fits my family (2 kid) so well we dont fly anywhere anymore, just drive on trips. Super comfortable. Feels like a very safe car, very solid and heavy. Only criticism I would have is its pretty involved to work on so dealership really has to do everything including something so simple like changing the brakes. I would highly recommend certified used as we did. The repairs are expensive and being very close to a dealership helps. We let a friend and a relative drive the car for the day as they were shopping SUVs and they both ended up buying the exact same car. This was supposed to be my car but my husband and I battle over who gets to drive it and our other car is an SUV too."

Like it so much getting a new XC-90

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "safety, safety, safety"

Cons: "it is a heavy vehicle on an S-80 frame so mileage is so-so"

"I purchased this car new and followed the maintenance schedule. It has proven to be a safe and reliable family SUV. I got the 5-cyl model which was a proven workhorse of Volvo. It is a shame they dropped that. If you are looking at purchasing a used 2004 XC-90 it is a great car for a growing family. However, make sure that is has been properly serviced."

So-So

By on Thursday, August 26, 2010

"I bought this vehicle for a safe, long term car. Instead I've had to put in a new transmission, coolant system, radiator, steering column, alarm siren (it wouldn't stop going off), and soon to be shocks. Beware when considering this vehicle. It is the first XC90 model and it's too much weight for many of its components. Besides the functioning of the vehicle, it is very comfortable, and has many safety features. If you own one, trade it in as soon as possible. Volvo replaces transmission under warranty, but they put in the same kind, no upgrades."