2014 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,971 - $37,492.

7.7

Based on 424 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 15 16 17 | Next

Buyers BEWARE

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"Let me get straight to the point - buying my Volvo XC90 T6 was one of the worst decisions I have ever made and I made the mistake twice. I'll explain - I bought the first XC90 in September 2004. It was a brand new 2004 model with about 350 miles on the odometer. An hour after I drove it off the lot, the check engine light came on. A month, five trips into the retail repair shop, and countless phone calls later, Volvo decided to repurchase my car as a Lemon because they could not get the check engine light to go off (they even put in a new engine!). I made my fatal error that day deciding to merely trade the Lemon (what are the chances of getting ANOTHER Lemon, right?) for another XC90. They offered to trade it for a 2005 model and after some arm wrestling, they threw in an extended warranty. I wish I could say my compaints end there and we drove happily into the sunset. No, the car has been nothing but trouble. It has been in the shop every three months. It has had its suspension worked on, the power steering changed, the struts replaced, the shocks changed, and the cream on the cake - the entire transmission had to be replaced when it was around 40,000 miles. These are just the things I remember - I'm sure there are about half a dozen other things I don't. This car has been nothing short of a nghtmare and for the amount we paid for it - it should be a crime to make such an unreliable car and charge so much for it. I would absolutely NEVER EVER buy a Volvo again. So, if you are even considering buy this car - DON'T. Trust me - you'll regret it - I do, everyday."

safe and fun

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"In the collision repair industry and see safty features most pass by.This is an excellent SUV that has fit, finish, and features beyond the pack. Many choices out there but look beneath the skin and there is only one. The XC90V8 is head and sholders above others for innovative safety. And runs with the best of them, very fun to drive."

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Bullit Proof

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"I bought my XC90 AWD new in 2004. I have had zero problems in 40,000 miles. The car is very comfortable on long trips and I feel ultra safe in the car. The stying is great and the packaging and use of space is very good. Even the third row seats are not bad for short trips for adults and my teenagers still fit. I have the base 2.5 turbo charged motor and the power is adequate, but I did not buy the vehicle for it's acceleration times. The sound of the engine leaves a little to be desired but reliability has been great. In the snow the vehicle has been very good... unstoppable so far. So far, a satisfied owner."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"The most safety, confortable, and stylish vehicle there is. Specially, if you are young mother this car is for you."

Volvo XC90 V8 Trivial concerns

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"Navigation should be part of a package that people can't live without. Being a $3k option on it's own made me shy away from it and I purchased a unit off the shelf. I'd also like to see multiple options for rear hatch configurations. The split level hatch is nice, but I'd prefer a single unit or one with an electric window similar to the 4Runner. Perhaps having multiple configurations available would make the vehicle more customizeable giving people a more personal feel about their vehicle. Also, the center seats should recline and the rear seats should be on rails also so that they could go back all the way. There are times when I could have 7 people in the car to go to dinner and I won't need the luggage space at all. I would love to see more space made available for passengers. If both center and reat seats could recline and had more distance on their rails it would improve comfort. The room is available, and making that available to passengers would be great! Overall, it is a great vehicle and I have no plans to get rid of it. I enjoy the ease of how the V8 reacts. I have had it full of people and luggage and it reacts as if I'm alone. The auto-leveling suspension eliminates any tail sag from the extra weight. The adaptive steering and gearing is very intuitive to what I'm doing. Shifting at higher RPM's when I'm driving harder makes it react like a big sports car. Especially when you can feel the suspension tighten up and the steering become firm. The 6-speed transmission is effortless and never makes the engine labor when passing. I lived in Germany for the first year I owned it and I did a lot of Autobahn traveling. Even at 90 MPH it does everything effortlessly. Styling is great, as are the amentities within. My only problem was with Navigation. In Europe we could not load the European disc, we were told we'd have to keep it in the computer and use it in "READ-ONLY". But I was told this before-hand which made me not order it. (Good customer service in my book). The drivers seat has me somewhat concerned as I think it could wear out much quicker than I'd expect from an SUV of this price. The outer bolster seems to be softer and not as supportive as it was when we originally drove it home. A little extra support in the front seats regardless wouldn’t hurt my feelings. When I took it in for it's 15k mile service I had 3 rubber boots that had to be put back on. The one around where the turn indicator meets the steering column had come off, as well as two that were under the center seats. That had me questioning the quality at first. They have not given me any troubles since, just sort of an annoyance. A good friend has had a VW Touraeg about the same amount of time and has had numerous troubles with the adjustable suspension in his as well as service lights coming on. This has landed him in a courtesy car for a few weeks. Compared to his troubles, mine have been quite trivial, so I feel that I have a better vehicle, and he agrees with me. Everyone should own one!"

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I had always wanted a xc90 and finally purchased one. It is a very comfortable and stylish vehicle... I love it!"

The best one Yet

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"Great Vehicle"

Great vehicle for my wife

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"My wife loves her 2005 XC90 Volvo and would only sell it for a newer version. I have been wanting to trade it for something a little cheaper and that is better on gas, but that won't happen. Other than the price, I love the vehicle as well; its very fun to drive. The fuel economy lately has been averaging 20 mpg in town and 22 mpg highway. This is as good if not better than any other vehicle in its class, especially if you compare to other 7 passenger vehicles."

Perfect SUV

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"Wonderful SUV. Is a perfect combination size, safety, performance, economy, etc. Will probably never own anything else."

Great XC90

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"We've owned this car for a year and love it. it's our first Volvo but won't be our last. We traded a Ford Expedition for it. We were concerned that we wouldn't like the size difference but its been okay. We average 22 mpg and the 5 cyl. turbo has plenty of power. Definitely Recommend!"

Nice car

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"Reliable, comfortable vehicle that I have ever owned. The price is a liite bit higher, but it worth."

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

Very Safe Car

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"My wife and Son were rcently involved in an accident with the XC90. They were not at fault, but broadsided a jeep that turned in front of them. Both vehicles were completely destroyed. Both the paramedics and police commented on how amzed they were that the injuries were not more serious. The airbags did their job as did every other safety mechinism in the car. The officer commented that it was a very good commercial for Volvo. That is why we purchased the car. For it's tremendous safety record. It obviously did its job in this case."

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"this is my second one. I love it"

First Volvo

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"This is my first Volvo, bought it sight unseen. Never even been in a XC90 before. Bought it for the safety record. Handles well, nice interior, sharp exterior. They say the V8 has some gitty up, so far the smaller turbo engine has plenty of go for me. I have yet to tow anything, we will see what it can do with some snowmobiles behind it. Solid truck, will continue to buy Volvo."

By on Saturday, June 23, 2007

"I loved the car when I first bought it although the transmission went out on it after 6 months, it was a real bummer and am now looking to get rid of this car not what I had expected out of a new car for the price."

By on Sunday, June 17, 2007

By on Saturday, June 09, 2007

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 30, 2007

"I love this car....An SUV without the SUV feel. Great gas mileage for an SUV too."

Bad vehicle ever!!!

By on Tuesday, April 24, 2007

"Bad factory finishing!!! After 5000 miles you can hear noises coming fom the engine or somewhere in that area! The handles start squiqing!!!"

Great Car But..

By on Monday, April 16, 2007

"I love my car. I've had it since this past November and I already have 15k on the odometer. The style, interior, and look of the car is great. The comfort of the ride is okay because the seats are pretty nice, but it's not as smooth of a ride as I anticipated. Another consideration for possible buyers is that I have a 3 year old and one on the way and with those two car seats, there is no more room for any one else in my car. So in essence, we bought a 4 seater. 3 adults wouldn't fit comfortably in the back for an extended travel. My last complaint is that there is no room for 'stuff.' There aren't any neat compartments to hide things that all females possess. All in all the car is a great purchase but if you have a big family, this is not for you, not even the 7 passenger."

Get the V8!!!

By on Monday, April 16, 2007

"Options are GREAT on the v8. Very pleased!"

By on Friday, April 13, 2007