2014 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,016 - $37,463.

7.7

Based on 430 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Good car with some flaws

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Let's be upfront about something......people who own cars are not always the best reviewers. They have a vested interest in keeping up the value of their investment so they will tend to temper their criticism. That said, this is a good car that I would consider owning again. I bought the standard engine and was a bit concerned when I bought a boat whether it would be adequete for pulling the load. Absolutely no problem. We drive it to Big Bear and going up the mountain is almost effortless. I had an Infinity QX4 before and wanted to buy another but Infinity, in its wisdom, stopped making QX4. I needed a reasonably sized vehicle that could handle heavy loads and be confortable. This is certainly that vehicle. My criticism of it has to do with small squeaks and noises that I've heard from the car. The dealer has been very accommodating but they have not seemed to be able to eliminate this problem entirely. Also, the trim isn't as luxurious as one would expect with a vehicle at this price. I love the split back tailgate which makes loading easy and is tall enough for a person 6' plus. The seats are very comfortable for a tall person. (I found most of the Japanese manufacturers make seats meant for people under 5'8") The AWD has been great in the mountains. The sound system is just adequete so I'd recommend installing an after market system since Volvo will charge you an arm and leg for the upgraded one. I also wish there was more storage areas for stuff. And no built case for eyeglasses is inexcusable! This is an option and should be standard. Gas mileage is quite an improvement from the QX4 even though the Volvo is larger. And one can't beat the good looks of the vehicle! So all in all a good vehicle that could be great with some small improvements."

Love this vehicle

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I was in the market shopping and looking around for months before I finally ordered my XC90. I got it in Jan 2007 and love it. My wife has a BMW and says she would rather be driving the Volvo as it rides and handles better for her. I have the V8 and am getting about 16 MPG so far. Tried to go with normal unleaded when gas prices were creeping up and my check engine light came on. Put mid grade back in and the light has gone off. (keep in mind that the octane levels are lower in Germany). My only complaint is where the plug in for the mp3 connector is.. that is it... I love this car and would buy another one."

Wouldn't do it again

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Back to the shop for clunking in the front end at least 3x. They don't hear it, claim I need new tires, with only 21000 miles on them. No help from volvo, dealer or manuf.. I guess it should be expected that the tires don't last. Very expensive item to replace annually"

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007