2014 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,971 - $37,492.

7.7

Based on 425 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Buyers BEWARE

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"Let me get straight to the point - buying my Volvo XC90 T6 was one of the worst decisions I have ever made and I made the mistake twice. I'll explain - I bought the first XC90 in September 2004. It was a brand new 2004 model with about 350 miles on the odometer. An hour after I drove it off the lot, the check engine light came on. A month, five trips into the retail repair shop, and countless phone calls later, Volvo decided to repurchase my car as a Lemon because they could not get the check engine light to go off (they even put in a new engine!). I made my fatal error that day deciding to merely trade the Lemon (what are the chances of getting ANOTHER Lemon, right?) for another XC90. They offered to trade it for a 2005 model and after some arm wrestling, they threw in an extended warranty. I wish I could say my compaints end there and we drove happily into the sunset. No, the car has been nothing but trouble. It has been in the shop every three months. It has had its suspension worked on, the power steering changed, the struts replaced, the shocks changed, and the cream on the cake - the entire transmission had to be replaced when it was around 40,000 miles. These are just the things I remember - I'm sure there are about half a dozen other things I don't. This car has been nothing short of a nghtmare and for the amount we paid for it - it should be a crime to make such an unreliable car and charge so much for it. I would absolutely NEVER EVER buy a Volvo again. So, if you are even considering buy this car - DON'T. Trust me - you'll regret it - I do, everyday."

safe and fun

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"In the collision repair industry and see safty features most pass by.This is an excellent SUV that has fit, finish, and features beyond the pack. Many choices out there but look beneath the skin and there is only one. The XC90V8 is head and sholders above others for innovative safety. And runs with the best of them, very fun to drive."

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Bullit Proof

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"I bought my XC90 AWD new in 2004. I have had zero problems in 40,000 miles. The car is very comfortable on long trips and I feel ultra safe in the car. The stying is great and the packaging and use of space is very good. Even the third row seats are not bad for short trips for adults and my teenagers still fit. I have the base 2.5 turbo charged motor and the power is adequate, but I did not buy the vehicle for it's acceleration times. The sound of the engine leaves a little to be desired but reliability has been great. In the snow the vehicle has been very good... unstoppable so far. So far, a satisfied owner."