2013 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 442 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

So-So

By on Thursday, August 26, 2010

"I bought this vehicle for a safe, long term car. Instead I've had to put in a new transmission, coolant system, radiator, steering column, alarm siren (it wouldn't stop going off), and soon to be shocks. Beware when considering this vehicle. It is the first XC90 model and it's too much weight for many of its components. Besides the functioning of the vehicle, it is very comfortable, and has many safety features. If you own one, trade it in as soon as possible. Volvo replaces transmission under warranty, but they put in the same kind, no upgrades."

The perfect EVERY day SUV for EVERY body!

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "All around great SUV"

Cons: "None I can think of"

"I have owned two Volvo XC90's and am so bummed they no longer make the 8 cyl. This car has some major giddy up and go. The car feels safe, drives like a luxury car and has excellent quality and reliability."

Solid great SUV

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Solid comfortable and very capable Lux SUV"

Cons: "Price of parts tends to be high..."

"Drives great, good gas mileage for a suv. VERY comfortable seats. Overall, for the money the best lux SUV....."

Like it so much getting a new XC-90

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "safety, safety, safety"

Cons: "it is a heavy vehicle on an S-80 frame so mileage is so-so"

"I purchased this car new and followed the maintenance schedule. It has proven to be a safe and reliable family SUV. I got the 5-cyl model which was a proven workhorse of Volvo. It is a shame they dropped that. If you are looking at purchasing a used 2004 XC-90 it is a great car for a growing family. However, make sure that is has been properly serviced."

Perfect for our purpose

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, quality construction, durable, with good tires goes great in snow."

Cons: "Not cutting edge design."

"We bought this when they first came out (2003). We live above 8,000' in the Colorado foothills. We traded in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Volvo had better low-end torque, better gas mileage and more ground clearance than the Jeep. We're just now trading it in on an XC60. After nearly 100,000 miles, I can say that everything held together very, very well. It pulled through deep snow when Subaru Legacys were getting stuck. The ride quality, and the seats in particular, were superb, and held up throughout that 100,000 miles. It is not a sports car, but it handles better than most so-called SUVs. Most of all, it did not break down or give us grief. It just kept on going. The XC60 was not available when we bought the XC90. The shorter turning circle and length will make it easier to park. After 80,000 miles the Jeep was literally falling apart. After nearly 100,000 miles, much of it on washboard dirt roads, the Volvo is rock solid."