• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,352 - $36,987.

7.7

Based on 403 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

My 12 th vehicle

By on Friday, May 11, 2012

"Truly enjoy driving this car. This was a used, post-lease SUV, 2.5 turbo, 5 cyl, AWD, 7-seater with about 39k miles when I bought it. Now have 90k miles. i commute 70-100 mi a day. Handles very well. Turning radius is not the best but that's tolerable for me. Very comfortable and use it for everything, work, grandkids, occasional car pool, carry horse feed...except what i need my truck to haul. Gets me out of deepest snow and mud (had to replace with good tires, first). Repairs so far- sensor/computer issue cost about $400. Otherwise nave only had regular maintenance, new tires. One peeve is only Volvo dealer can do certain things like turn off a maintenance indicator. Not a big deal but a little irritating. Was rear-ended last week. The pontiac that hit me was a mess. All I had was dust scuffs on the bumper. Since I drive a lot, safety and solid handling are a priority. This car does it for me. Love it."

Very durable 140000 miles and still going strong

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, good fuel economy, safe"

Cons: "Repairs (if needed) are costly, tires"

"Bought our 2004 XC90 2.5 about 5 years ago. Since then only oil changes, a break job (3000$ once all said and done - new calipers, discs and as the parking break was done as well) - other than that no real problems. Some quality issues (DVD system went a year ago, one of the door speakers - tweeters broke off, steering wheel volume,channel control went a few years ago). Tires are a bit of an issue as well (Michelins went in 15000 miles). But we are now looking for another XC90 (2009/10) as my wife does not want any other car. So would I recommend it - YES (but it's a premium vehicle so running cost aren't as low as buying cost for vehicle suggest - see cost of break job). Wonderful fuel economy though (21mpg in mostly short range driving)."

Good but not great

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"2005 XC90 T6 AWD touring edition. This is a good vehicle, and I like it, but for the price tag it leaves me wanting more. Pros: The performance and handling are excellent; it has plenty of acceleration and it handles like a sedan. It has loads of safety features including a build in booster seat. The premium sound system that comes with the touring package is second to none. The interior materials (leather / plastics / headliner and wood trims) are of the highest quality. Cons: More road noise than I would like, and the ride could be smoother. I’ve had some weird electrical problems; occasionally when I hit a bump in the road the radio station changes. I’ve also had problems with the keyless entry not opening the doors (but of course the service dept can never find any problems as it only happens occasionally). I have 45000 miles on it and I’m on the second set of tires, third set of front brakes, second set of front rotors, and second set of rear brakes. Conclusion: You can spend $10,000 less and get just as good if not a better vehicle and you'll spend a fraction on the maintenance."

V8 Beware!

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Thank God I had an extended warrantee! Right at 90K the Balance Shaft Bearing blew. It took a month of fighting with the warrantee folks but they finally agreed to replace the engine with a rebuild aftermarket. Volvo said that a new engine would cost $16,500.00. Stay clear of this V8 from 2005 they were made wrong and Volvo decided not to do a re-call. The Balance Shaft Bearing does not get lubed from the engine oil. Aftermarket and engines made 6 months after the first release are fixed, but if you have one of the first models off the rack beware it’s a ticking time bomb!"

Has been a great vehicle, reliable, minimal maint

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle for dress up or dress down"

Cons: "Gets only 24,000 miles on tires of highest quality"

"Reliable, reasonable maintenance costs, nice appearance, sturdy, comfortable on a trip, great storage space out of the weather, and just a great all round vehicle."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25