2012 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 447 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

2.5T is a Great SUV

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "Handling, Looks, Safety"

Cons: "Rear Seat Comfort (for over 6 ft), So many around"

"I have a 2004 XC90 2.5T with 94,000 miles. This was my first Volvo and it has made me a life time Volvo buyer. Perfect blend of space,price,luxury, and reliability, not bad gas mileage either. I know the T6 model has transmission issues, but if you get or have the 2.5T you should have no problems. Went from a Lexus to this SUV and am impressed by everything about the XC90 and Volvo brand, including amazing customer service at my local dealership. If you are in the market for one, make sure it's been well taken care of, but if you find a good example, snatch it up."

Fantastic SUV

By on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"My XC90 is my fourth Volvo. I have enjoyed them all, but this one is the best. I have 98,000 miles and it runs like it's new. I have had virtually NO problems, it is a maintenance dream. Drive is tight, interior is luxurious and comfortable. Great SUV, would definitely recommend it."

GREAT car

By on Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"GREAT car. Family of 5 fits easily with 2 more seats in the back and room for luggage. Drives super smooth. Great engine. Great quality. Never had any issues even after 65,000 miles"

Unbiased in Maine

By on Sunday, January 03, 2010

"Purchased a silver 2004 XC90 2.5T 3years ago from Lexus dealer for wife. Vehicle now has approx. 115K miles. No major mechanical issues thus far. 2.5 has adequate acceleration. Goes down highway excellent (extremely straight and smooth). Does have some creaks when hitting substantial bumps on secondary roads. Need to keep tires rotated. Use caution backing up due to limited visability. Dealership scheduled maintenance can be pricey. Chrome trim around windows beginning to oxidize. Excellent factory sound system. Despite some flaws, I'm rating this Volvo as a good solid vehicle...thus far."

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Thursday, November 05, 2009

"I absolutely love my Volvo XC90 with a V8. This car has so much power yet not with a huge gasoline price tag. I would highly recommend this SUV to anyone looking for a classy car with get up and go power."

Tons of problems

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"I was sold on this car when I rode it in the dealership, but soon after it has been nothing but problems. It was a used car that fell out of warranty while I had it and I should have bought the extended warranty. Instead, I have spent about $6K in the year and a half that I've owned it. The last time it was in the shop was for a full transmission overhaul that was priced out at $7K for me, but the dealership called Volvo Inc for us and got them to comp the parts ($4,500) because they thought the parts were faulty. We shouldn't have to overhaul the transmission at 70K miles. Still had to pay $2500 for the service though. On top of that, the residual value of the car has plummeted, and I'm upside down on the car - otherwise I would have just sold it. Kudos to our great local dealership, but I wouldn't buy again."

OK Vehicle, not excellent

By on Monday, December 15, 2008

"we leased this car after our child's birth, mainly for safety reasons. we've had it for two years. It started off with minor problems which later on became more pronounced. For example the first week of the lease, we were in winter, and the heater fan was so loud i couldn't even hear the music out of the radio. Electrical problems and noises entered this symphony of noise about a year into the car's life. Dealer kept telling me it's nothing, but I know better. Service was really expensive, windshield wiper $85.00 for instance. The sales staff were unprofessional beyond imagination. At some point I felt that I was haggling in a thrift shop. Much disappointed with Volvo's reputation as a leading European Car. Additional options such as blue tooth, i-pod are a joke. Dealers charges an insane amount of money for both, when I picked up the car I was so disappointed. The I-pod doc, was basically a $50 fm radio transmitter which you can buy from best buy. The blue tooth, was a stand alone unit as well that you can install yourself. Overall cost for both was over a thousand dollars, for two units that wold have cost me less than $300 to do it myself. I don't even want to talk about navigation. Bells and Whistles on this car do not "RING" at all to my ears. I would recommend leasing it, but DO NOT BUY."

Lemons galour

By on Sunday, November 02, 2008

"My wife and I bought this vehicle after our second child. Great design BUT...if you ever have any problems like we did, you better open your wallet. THis was our second Volvo. Transmission problems, Rear Main seal(very expensive). Tons of electrical problems that come full circle to everything else. The dealer will give you a runaround excuse and hand you an astronomical bill. Do not ever buy Volvo and I'm hearing the same thing from my friends. If you want safety then its there,but YOU WILL pay for everything else!"

DO NOT BUY this vehicle

By on Thursday, October 30, 2008

"I was a loyal Volvo owner prior to purchasing this car, but will never buy another Volvo. I purchased the vehicle for the safety record, reliability (which was above average at the time of purchase), styling and comfort. My story, please don't make the same mistake: I've owned an '04 XC90, paid sticker price and have regretted the decision shortly after taking delivery. The vehicle has seen the dealer repair shop a total of 27 times for suspension problems, defective radio (replaced three times), brake problems, hardware squeaks and various electrical problems that were never repaired correctly. The service experience is awful. The service technicians play dumb, like they have never seen the problems before, but after talking with the other customers in the waiting room, the problem is wide spread. There appears to be design issues with the transmission and suspension that continue to plague the vehicle but Volvo refuses to replace the probelm parts for free. They will provide a "good-will" discount, but I expect a free replacement especially since the service department will admit that Volvo has had probelms with the parts. News flash, this is not a way to keep customers or bring them back to the show room. After 4 years my car has lost 75% of it's value. Don't waste your time, energy and hard earned money on this vehicle. Please purchase a car that has a better reliability record. Oh ya, the local Acura dealer say's thanks, they earned my business."

By on Thursday, July 24, 2008

"Bad transmission, normal maintanance is too expensive"