• 2014 Compact SUVs

2012 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 403 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Wow what a ride!

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pros: "Holds value, fun to drive long distances as well a"

Cons: "No double visors like Tahoe for driver & passenger"

"I am a diehard Tahoe truck lover yet recently purchased a used Xc90...and I am ecstatic. Talk about maneuverable, powerful, comfortable and smooth. I thought I'd have to give up room....not so, the cargo area is huge. This vehicle is a dream to own and drive...much easier on the wallet at the pump too."

Been an awesome car!!!

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pros: "seating, comfortable, well built materials,"

Cons: "gas mileage, expensive maintenance"

"Have only owned the car little over a year now and it has been awesome! Has never left us sitting nor has any major problems. Wheel bearings are a common problem for the xc90 so those needed to be replaced. Love my volvo and would recommend to anyone. I have read terrible review on the xc90 t6 so i went with the xc90 2.5T. Wouldnt trade it for anything!"

What a safe feeling driving my Volvo, Love it!

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"My XC90 has been an awesome car. Bought it used but have have no mechanical problems with it. The maintenance/tires are a bit expensive and now that I will also have a teen drivning it part time I can't afford what it will cost me in brakes and tires once a year. But all and all I have been extreamly happy with my Volvo. If you have a turbo watch the oil level. My burns extra oil and I have to add a quart between oil changes, there are no leaks or any problems. Many mechanics have assured me that all is good with my car. Runs like a dream!"

Completely smitten over this SUV

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

Pros: "nice drive, luxury feel, great in snow"

Cons: "pricey to repair"

"I bought this car used, in 2009 with around 58,000 miles on it. It is a 2006. For the price we paid for it, and the amount of wear and tear I have put on it in 4 years, it has been a real trooper. I lived in Kansas City at the time, and my family lived 3 hours away, so it was driven over 400 miles at least once a month, sometimes twice to three times a month. The ride this car will give you if you travel a lot is unbeatable. Every other SUV is subpar to the luxury this car will offer in a road trip. The drive is quiet and smooth, and it is hard to stay under the speed limit because it drives so naturally. It has tons of room, and I can attest to how much stuff you can pack in that car, and still not feel any drag from the weight. Also, if you live in an area that can be hit by heavy snow, this car does great. I was flying by other SUVs in the most recent snow storm we had, and it really eased my mind to feel that safe during a blizzard. My volvo has run into a few problems in the last few years though. For example, my AWD sleeve has gone out TWICE and luckily both times it was covered by my warranty. I also have had to replace my headlights, which each cost 100 dollars. While the car is fantastic, it can become costly fast. I definitely recommend this car, esp. if you travel alot, or have children and want an insanely safe car. It is worth the money you pay for it, but just be willing to pay a little more when things go wrong with it."

Do Not buy this year and model

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "nice looking, comfortable, size and shape"

Cons: "severe mechanical problems"

"I love this car, but is has been nothing but a cash eater since I bought it a few years ago. This particular model and year is known for severe mechanical problems. My engine just burned up inside even though it had just been checked over and we've serviced it well while we have owned it. I'm now stuck with a car that will cost $8k (not to mention the already $4k that was put into it while owning it) to put a new engine in and I am upside down already in the loan. I will make sure that anyone I know considering this year of Volvo will not buy it."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25