2011 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 416 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Second Volvo purchased and both have been great!

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Safe, roomy, family oriented vehicle."

Cons: "Hwy mileage is good, city could be better."

"This is a true SUV. Not one of the crossovers or wannabees. You can tow a boat, pack up a family and be comfortable on a road trip. It's also one of the safest vehicles on the road. I find it comfortable to drive as I have owned a number of other SUV's. There is more room than needed w/ full third row seating (that an adult can fit in). While gas mileage around the city averages 15, I do get mid 20's on the highway. So gas mileage could be better, but could also be worse for what you have. Last, one reason I bought it is because my in-laws own one. They now have 190k miles on it and it is still going strong (and looks good too). Other than normal wear and tare, replacing tires/brakes, they have put less than $2,200 in repairs. So as far as I'm concerned, they got their monies worth."

First car

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, easy to drive"

Cons: "maintenance, no navigation, no sensors"

"My mom passed this car down to me with only 30,000 miles while I was in high school and it's still going strong in college! This car is extremely reliable and is made for comfort. The only thing about Volvo is that it is difficult to get parts fixed quickly since it is not made in the US. Besides that I have loved driving my Volvo!"

terrible XC90

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Reason: bad gas mileage bad ride

"I have had Hyundai, Acuras, Volvos and Lexus before this and I was very unhappy with this SUV. We have 2 little children and no problem on back seat. The pickup is HORRIBLE on the 6 Cylinder engine and gas mileage. 17 miles to gallon city driving. This was my first SUV and last. This will also be my last Volvo as they don't hold their value at all when trading in... I really like my 2002 S60 but this one was a mistake."

best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "great"

"I owned 2 grand cherokees and didn't like the noise level in the cabin. My 05 xc90 was quieter, had more torque for getting on the freeways and very reliable. I'd like to get a new one but I'd like them to change something on the newer models...new should not look old."

Volvo XC-90 saved my LIFE !!!! Best car EVER !

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "Safety car , #1 !!!!"

"I would really recommend this car to everyone, especially people who want safety, comfort, and luxury. Its a great car for anyone who has kids but at the same time it is not too bulky like most SUVS. After getting into a major accident (the car was a total loss) in which I shockingly came out alive, I was reassured that I made the right choice in purchasing this car. After losing this car, I do not have to think twice about buying another Volvo."

Bought Used and am very dissatisfied

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"I bought this car with around 26k mile and now has nearly 87K. I am putting on my second set of tires the last set lasted about 30k. The nav/GPS system is ergonomically unfirendly and hard to use. You blindly have to set it and often push the wrong button and it retracts into the dash. Then you have to restart the process. Now the GPS does not always retract into the dash when shutting off. Have had to jump start car 3 times because of that and replace the battery once. I took out the fuse to stop this problem but then the radio does not work. This time it will cost over $1400 to fix. I am having them just unplug the GPS. Parking sensor went out and will cost $470 to replace. Leaking oil and the vaccum pump seal will be another $247. Remember this only has 87K miles. The seating capacity is falsly advertised. My family is scrunched in it. The third row person's knees hit the middle row seat and the middle row is pushed against the front row. My son is only 5'10" so the 3rd row is really for show only. The radio is somewhat complicated and you have to play with it to understand it. It is a gas guzzler too."

Gas hog. Expensive maintain.

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Very safe and nice ride"

Cons: "Gas hog."

"Purchased car new for wife. Car have had two transmissions replaced by dealer because of known problem. Car is great if you drive and get rid of before the warranty is off as it is expensive to maintain. I would not purchase another one. The car still drives great, but burns too much gasoline if one person is riding in it."

Safe & Sturdy - Poor gas mileage

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Super safe. It's a tank with all wheel drive."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage and limited technology."

"It gave us 9 years of safety and was pretty reliable after some initial glitches. The gas mileage is low - 14 to 16 mpg in the city. The technology from this era of Volvo's was behind the competition."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Excellent AWD, spacious, surprisingly agile"

Cons: "Disappointing city mpg,lack of BLIS in bad weather"

"Lots of space, handles the snow and pavement and anything in between like a champion. Easy-to-use navigation system. BLIS doesn't usually work in rain or heavy snow, but is helpful at night on the highway. Interior is nothing to write home about, but the leather seats are pretty comfortable."

This car saved our life!

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Safety and quality and reliable"

Cons: "High Maintenance cost"

"We bought this car in 2006 best decision ever made.I am a busy mom with three kids of various ages. We wanted a family sized vehicle and we liked the third row seat option. Love the versatility and style. We never had any serious problems with it so it's very reliable and has the endurance for a busy family.The normal wear has not changed the look of interior and the exterior has no rust or fading. Still drives great after over 140000 miles. The maintenance can be pricey but worth it. The main thing is the fact that we survived a major accident with a three car pile up with the least damage of all cars involved. Can't put a price on my kids, lives so yes I Love this car and will buy another soon."