2010 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 431 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Safe, but unreliable

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"We have owned ours for 3+ yrs. It has been in the shop for everything under the sun (and Volvo has been less than helpful). Needless to say, we have been extremely disappointed. However, we bought the XC90 because of the safety features, and fortunately have never had to use them, but I have seen them in action during my employment as a Trooper. Dump truck blows a stop sign and broadsides a XC90. In any other car, the occupants would have been killed - these folks had only minor injuries. As mad as I am about the reliability, I would buy another - there isn't a safer car on the road."

Good car with some flaws

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Let's be upfront about something......people who own cars are not always the best reviewers. They have a vested interest in keeping up the value of their investment so they will tend to temper their criticism. That said, this is a good car that I would consider owning again. I bought the standard engine and was a bit concerned when I bought a boat whether it would be adequete for pulling the load. Absolutely no problem. We drive it to Big Bear and going up the mountain is almost effortless. I had an Infinity QX4 before and wanted to buy another but Infinity, in its wisdom, stopped making QX4. I needed a reasonably sized vehicle that could handle heavy loads and be confortable. This is certainly that vehicle. My criticism of it has to do with small squeaks and noises that I've heard from the car. The dealer has been very accommodating but they have not seemed to be able to eliminate this problem entirely. Also, the trim isn't as luxurious as one would expect with a vehicle at this price. I love the split back tailgate which makes loading easy and is tall enough for a person 6' plus. The seats are very comfortable for a tall person. (I found most of the Japanese manufacturers make seats meant for people under 5'8") The AWD has been great in the mountains. The sound system is just adequete so I'd recommend installing an after market system since Volvo will charge you an arm and leg for the upgraded one. I also wish there was more storage areas for stuff. And no built case for eyeglasses is inexcusable! This is an option and should be standard. Gas mileage is quite an improvement from the QX4 even though the Volvo is larger. And one can't beat the good looks of the vehicle! So all in all a good vehicle that could be great with some small improvements."

Love this vehicle

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I was in the market shopping and looking around for months before I finally ordered my XC90. I got it in Jan 2007 and love it. My wife has a BMW and says she would rather be driving the Volvo as it rides and handles better for her. I have the V8 and am getting about 16 MPG so far. Tried to go with normal unleaded when gas prices were creeping up and my check engine light came on. Put mid grade back in and the light has gone off. (keep in mind that the octane levels are lower in Germany). My only complaint is where the plug in for the mp3 connector is.. that is it... I love this car and would buy another one."

Wouldn't do it again

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Back to the shop for clunking in the front end at least 3x. They don't hear it, claim I need new tires, with only 21000 miles on them. No help from volvo, dealer or manuf.. I guess it should be expected that the tires don't last. Very expensive item to replace annually"

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

Buyers BEWARE

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"Let me get straight to the point - buying my Volvo XC90 T6 was one of the worst decisions I have ever made and I made the mistake twice. I'll explain - I bought the first XC90 in September 2004. It was a brand new 2004 model with about 350 miles on the odometer. An hour after I drove it off the lot, the check engine light came on. A month, five trips into the retail repair shop, and countless phone calls later, Volvo decided to repurchase my car as a Lemon because they could not get the check engine light to go off (they even put in a new engine!). I made my fatal error that day deciding to merely trade the Lemon (what are the chances of getting ANOTHER Lemon, right?) for another XC90. They offered to trade it for a 2005 model and after some arm wrestling, they threw in an extended warranty. I wish I could say my compaints end there and we drove happily into the sunset. No, the car has been nothing but trouble. It has been in the shop every three months. It has had its suspension worked on, the power steering changed, the struts replaced, the shocks changed, and the cream on the cake - the entire transmission had to be replaced when it was around 40,000 miles. These are just the things I remember - I'm sure there are about half a dozen other things I don't. This car has been nothing short of a nghtmare and for the amount we paid for it - it should be a crime to make such an unreliable car and charge so much for it. I would absolutely NEVER EVER buy a Volvo again. So, if you are even considering buy this car - DON'T. Trust me - you'll regret it - I do, everyday."

safe and fun

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"In the collision repair industry and see safty features most pass by.This is an excellent SUV that has fit, finish, and features beyond the pack. Many choices out there but look beneath the skin and there is only one. The XC90V8 is head and sholders above others for innovative safety. And runs with the best of them, very fun to drive."

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007