2008 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 447 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Faithful servant

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"My 2003 XC 90 has done a great job at 20,000 miles per year. Only failure a fuel pump."

Worst Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, September 11, 2009

"Where do I start? Tires replaced 36k and 72k, stayed away from oe due to the soft treadwear replaced with Goodyear tires with better treadwear but are really sloppy, blocked channels in sunroof that caused water damage to sensors in floor boards, master cyclinder in brakes went (had no brakes while driving, volvo prides itself on safety, hmmm...), transmission dead at 70k. Highly recommend Volvo roadside assistance and extended warranty with labor rate at $120/hr plus cost of repairs. Would NEVER buy a volvo again or first year model of any brand. Had a Ford Explorer for 10 years with no problems."

WOULD NOT BUY AGAIN!

By on Saturday, August 29, 2009

"We have owned this SUV for 3 years, and have had nothing but problems with it from the start. Would not buy any other car from Volvo at the rate this car falls apart."

Love it

By on Sunday, June 28, 2009

"I had always wanted an xc90 since the first time I saw one at an auto show. Finally had a chance to buy an 05. It survived a winter accident in which both the car and the truck that hit me were totalled-mine was the only repairable. Am thinking of trading in for a new one now that warranty is up-Volvos are notorious for pricey, extensive repairs."

Have enjoyed this car.

By on Monday, January 19, 2009

"This is the second Volvo I have owned. More comfortable then the station wagon. Nice style. I feel good driving kids to school or valet parking at a fancy hotel. My kids love this car. Now that they are teenagers, the extra seats in the back (#6 & #7 seats) are too small for them to take rides that last more then a few miles. Overall, I can fit all my groceries & all the other stuff one needs to cart back & forth. I would not get another vechicle, but I do not fill comfortable pulling 2 horses around.I feel safe in rain, snow or winds. I recommend this card to families."

Not Worth the Money

By on Sunday, January 18, 2009

"These cars are comfortable, stylish and safe but....... the tires were shot by 12K miles (there goes $700.00), brakes were shot by 20K (there goes $500), stereo picks up 1/2 the local stations, A/C is inadequate for Texas heat and the 5 cylinder engine gets about the same gas mileage as my Suburban with half the power. If your going to spend 45K for a SUV, there are better options out there."

3 Years and running well

By on Saturday, March 29, 2008

"I bought my 05 XC90 new from the dealer. Only 2 minor problems, 1) the radio control switches on the steering wheel required replacement at 1 year as the radio had a "mind of its own". 2) the drivers seat had a defective raise and lower switch. I only have 20K miles on it and the dealer informed me the tires are nearing replacement during the annual state safety inspection. I have read about many other owners having to replace tires early on theis vehicle...so be ready for that expense every 20-22K miles. It has been a great car and I recommend it to others. PS..my wife loves it also and the styling and fit and finish inside and out are exceptional!"

what a car

By on Friday, February 15, 2008

"I traded a full size Chevy SUV in on our Volvo and I have found the interior and the functionality of the car to be odd at best. The gas mileage is worse that the Chevy and there is not any room in the car. The 3rd row set is too small even for my 9 year old. I have been trying to trade the car in for the past 6 months, but is has lost approxiamtely 45% of it's value...so I will be stuck with the car for a number of years. To end o a positive note; the ride and quality of workmenship are superior. Our other car is a BMW and I would say the Volvo's quality is even higher."

Outstanding SUV

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2008

"We own a 2004 XC90 T6. It has simply been an outstanding vehicle. When you consider the size, performance, comfort, safety, and fuel economy it is an outstanding value and satisfying vehicle to own and drive. We've only put 40K on the vehicle but have had no maintenance issues. Vehicle has been serviced by the dealer. The only "part's" replaced were the front brake pads at 30K. This was to be expected with the amount of city driving we do and use of non-metalic brake pads. It's a great vehicle."

Safety?

By on Thursday, November 29, 2007

"I've had my xc90 for 3 years, and can't wait to get rid of it...how can a company claim such high safety standards when I've had several problems in such a short time. First off, the non-recall from Volvo regarding the ty-rods and ball joints, caused an unpleasant driving experience for months. Second, a faulty airbag in front passenger seat. Third, needed new tires and brake pads after 17k!!! What!!! No hard driving at all! The suv continues to make "weird" noises everytime you steer...simply put, my wife and I just don't feel safe with our two kids in this car! We were very excited to get this car...now very disappointed we wasted money on it...beware!"

Awesome car horrible navigation system

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"I have a 2004 XC 90 and love it. However, I do not trust the navigation system in the car. It has brought me on the longest routes possible and I have the settings checked on the system for shortest route. I have had my trips doubled in time because of this navigation system. Now I have to use my Garmin GPS and mount it to the window to get reliable directions. I do not recommend getting the Navigation system in this car. It's an older technology that isn't very good. Save your $ and buy a Garmin. Also, with the rising fuel costs I find myself cringing everytime I fuel up the car. Gas milage is only 20mpg. It's still better gas milage then most SUV's on the market today. And you really can't beat the safety that comes with a Volvo. Really is the best out there!"

I miss my VW Touareg

By on Sunday, November 04, 2007

"My 2007 XC90 is a nice vehicle, however, it lacks the small niceties of my previously owned 2004 VW Touareg. Doors do not automatically unlock, interior temperature in the XC90 is not stable, wipers are difficult to undrstand and are very sensitive (especially the rear wiper), did not get the optional compass (thought it would be standard on such a pricey vehicle), many rattles in the standard child booster seat that the dealer cannot fix. I am considering trading the XC90 for another Touareg but at this point would take a big loss on my 2007 XC90."

can`t wait to get rid of it!

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"This vehicle (all wheele drive) burns thru tires like it burns thru gas! I expected better quality from a $50,000 car. I`ve had the gas fill door fall off. seat control plastic nobs break. And most recently - the transmission went - after only 70,000 miles. With POOR service on the part of Volvo - despite extended warranty!"

Great XC90

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"We've owned this car for a year and love it. it's our first Volvo but won't be our last. We traded a Ford Expedition for it. We were concerned that we wouldn't like the size difference but its been okay. We average 22 mpg and the 5 cyl. turbo has plenty of power. Definitely Recommend!"

have enjoyed this car for over 10 years and still

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pros: "lots of power"

Cons: "useless center armrest"

"going strong. will buy another one. wish it was about 2" higher in the back."

Super fun family car

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cons: "Use of 3rd row seats leaves small cargo space"

"This SUV drives like a sedan, short turning radius and good gas mileage. I am short, and appreciate all the power adjustments on the drivers seat. We shuttle our three sons friends to lots practices with just enough room for six lacrosse players and their gear bags. We have taken several long road trips in this car and it is quite comfortable. We did not get the built in DVD player or heated seats, and those are two things I would get in my next Volvo. This car is very reliable and I plan on driving it for another 100,000 miles!"

Love this car

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, safety, and comfort"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I own the 2006 XC90 and love it. I have not had any of the mechanical difficulties that I have seen in the reviews. It's been on 2 cross country road trips and daily commutes on a tough Bay Area freeway. It still looks new, my only complaint is I wish it had better gas mileage; wish Volvo would consider hybrids."

QUALITY

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "SAFE, COMFORTABLE, AND TIMELESS DESIGN."

Cons: "22 MILES PER GALLON ON THE FREEWAY."

"WE PURCHASED THIS VEHICLE AS A SERVICE LOANER. VERY LOW MILES. IT NOW HAS 54,000 MILES. IF IT GOT GREAT MILEAGE, IT WOULD BE THE PERFECT CAR.......:)"

Safety!!!! This car is "Safety".

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "Got to pick it up in Sweeden for free!!!"

"We have owned this car since 2005. It has been great. Wife with child was hit on the passenger side and there is nothing I can say negative about this vehicle. They were both perfectly fine. It was like a tank! The car was hit on the front right tire and the Honda Civic that hit it was totaled. Our XC90 was fixed in 3 weeks and all was great! All I can say is that knowing that my family is in this vehicle I am left at ease because I know that they are safe."

Great car, but for mileage

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

"Like my previous Volvo, this car is very reliable, comfortable on long trips, easy to handle, safe in lousy weather, and feels solid. I trust this car to deal safely with whatever happens on the road. I do find that I cannot rely just on the side and rearview mirrors to be sure no one is in the lane next to me. The blind spot is big. Yes, I'll buy another Volvo."

Money pit

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Reason: Money pit

Pros: "Fun to drive and comfortable for front row"

Cons: "Poor quality, cramped passenger space"

"I owned a 2004 and bought new with the plan of driving it until the wheels fell off. I have had to replace/repair ECU, cruise control, brakes"

This is a Sold, Safe vehicle. Very Reliability

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Solid car, right size SUV Not to big, not to small"

Cons: "Love it"

"This is my favorite vehicle. I liked it so much I have bought a second one. Same year, same model for my wife. Highly recommend!"

I have to say I love it

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Ok I love it, I like how it looks and handles. I have the 2.5 because I did not want the headache of the tranny issues with the other model. But it has some issues,..like brakes. My back caliper has sealed up, but hey doesn't every car need repairs,..we are talking at 125000. It is comfortable, stylish and smooth riding. My complaints,..they could have done better in placement of the cup holder. My favorite thing,..it sure is pretty and the sound system amazing, oh wait and did I mention how pretty it was and the ride,..smooth."

Finally selling XC90

By on Friday, September 17, 2010

"Really good, reliable, well made and designed. Excellent power and handling for SUV. Only drawback is it's thirsty."

Good Relationship

By on Sunday, August 22, 2010

"We ordered this vehicle just as the first XC90s were hitting US shores. I've put 100K miles on mine including pulling speed boats and a trailor full of college kid stuff a lot and over mountain passes. It's a very stable vehicle even when pulling trailors. Like most 'sport' SUVs the transmission set up is suspect and with the way we used it we were fortunate and got 100,000 miles out of the first transmission. The low points - gas economy is not good (Volvos are built stout and heavy) and some of the 1st year interior pieces need better fit and durability. (I've noticed most of those 'fixed' in subsequent years.)"