2008 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 448 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Nice, but...

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"I bought this car because it was a great lease deal at the right time. After test driving it, I loved the powerful engine, and the seats were very comfortable. My 6 & 4 year old loved the "televisons" mounted in the front seat headrestraints. After owning the car for 13 months on a 2 year lease, I am looking to get out of the lease. Reliabiity stinks. The car goes in the shop for many minor issues. Ball bearings, windshield wipers, etc. My local dealer only has a loaner avialable every 3 weeks. Standard 15k service is $150. Of much more import, is the horrible blind spots in this SUV. I have owned other SUV's and cars and this is by far the worst. My wife refused to drive it with our kids in it, and at least once per week I cut someone off or almost get t-boned because you cannot see other cars. Other issues are smaller, but should not be there for a $55,000 SUV. No sunglasses holder? Come on. No satellite radio. No iPod input. The DVD is nice, but you cannot control the DVD from the navigation screen and are forced to twist and turn while driving to help your children. No voice interaction with the navigation and no bluetooth. Honestly, the car reminds me of my GMC Envoy, 2003, but it is $20,000 more. Nice, but not worth it."

Safe, but unreliable

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"We have owned ours for 3+ yrs. It has been in the shop for everything under the sun (and Volvo has been less than helpful). Needless to say, we have been extremely disappointed. However, we bought the XC90 because of the safety features, and fortunately have never had to use them, but I have seen them in action during my employment as a Trooper. Dump truck blows a stop sign and broadsides a XC90. In any other car, the occupants would have been killed - these folks had only minor injuries. As mad as I am about the reliability, I would buy another - there isn't a safer car on the road."

2007 Volvo XC 90 AWD. A car to fall in love with

By on Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pros: "It has your bells and whistles it just can't yodel"

Cons: "7 qts blend synthetic & change every 7500 miles"

"This dark blue XC90 is awesome and great to drive. A 3.2 6cyl engine is surprisingly powerful and responsive. I have never had an engine or component issue. Tires at least 66%. Leather interior, driver and passenger power seats, they are heated as well, power front and rear windows. 6 disc CD changer, retractable moon roof and heated exterior mirrors with remote adjustment. Front fog lights and an additional fog light to switch on so that you are easier to see to drivers behind you. Rear passenger area also has A/C vents with front and rear controls. Front windshield can sense rain and intensity and adjust itself automatically. Traction control is augmented with adjustment for wet road conditions. Immaculate inside and out. No cuts or tears on leather."

worst car ever

By on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Bought the car brand new. Loved it at first. Had to replace the transmission right after the warranty expired. Now it needs a new steering rack, brake column, and major computer problems. $4000 in repairs on top of what I have already spent. I have never had a car with this many problems and have never had to have a car towed. I thought Volvos were suppose to last. Good bye Volvo, I will never own another one."

Excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"Owned for 5+ years and 75M miles.Drives and rides great. Very versatile for hauling and pulling trailers."