2008 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 430 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

By on Monday, September 03, 2007

"I love my Volvo, I get about 23 to the gallon. The only thing is the maintence is very expensive."

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

Nice, but...

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"I bought this car because it was a great lease deal at the right time. After test driving it, I loved the powerful engine, and the seats were very comfortable. My 6 & 4 year old loved the "televisons" mounted in the front seat headrestraints. After owning the car for 13 months on a 2 year lease, I am looking to get out of the lease. Reliabiity stinks. The car goes in the shop for many minor issues. Ball bearings, windshield wipers, etc. My local dealer only has a loaner avialable every 3 weeks. Standard 15k service is $150. Of much more import, is the horrible blind spots in this SUV. I have owned other SUV's and cars and this is by far the worst. My wife refused to drive it with our kids in it, and at least once per week I cut someone off or almost get t-boned because you cannot see other cars. Other issues are smaller, but should not be there for a $55,000 SUV. No sunglasses holder? Come on. No satellite radio. No iPod input. The DVD is nice, but you cannot control the DVD from the navigation screen and are forced to twist and turn while driving to help your children. No voice interaction with the navigation and no bluetooth. Honestly, the car reminds me of my GMC Envoy, 2003, but it is $20,000 more. Nice, but not worth it."

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

Safe, but unreliable

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"We have owned ours for 3+ yrs. It has been in the shop for everything under the sun (and Volvo has been less than helpful). Needless to say, we have been extremely disappointed. However, we bought the XC90 because of the safety features, and fortunately have never had to use them, but I have seen them in action during my employment as a Trooper. Dump truck blows a stop sign and broadsides a XC90. In any other car, the occupants would have been killed - these folks had only minor injuries. As mad as I am about the reliability, I would buy another - there isn't a safer car on the road."