2007 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 448 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Volvo XC 90 2.5T AWD

By on Thursday, September 20, 2007

"The Pros...Good fuel economy for an SUV, comfortable ride, etc. The split hatch is fantastic. Safety is top notch. Cons...Tires needed to be replaced at 20k miles and are expensive. Car has been in shop for multiple recalls/repairs. Unsure as to keeping the SUV? Issues with brakes that keep on recurring. Overall... worried post warranty...."

can`t wait to get rid of it!

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"This vehicle (all wheele drive) burns thru tires like it burns thru gas! I expected better quality from a $50,000 car. I`ve had the gas fill door fall off. seat control plastic nobs break. And most recently - the transmission went - after only 70,000 miles. With POOR service on the part of Volvo - despite extended warranty!"

Fatally Flawed

By on Thursday, September 6, 2007

"Dont buy this car. I have owned mine for a little over a year now, and spent about $8,000 on repairs. The T6 XC90s come with a horribly unreliable transmission, which I had to pay full cost to replace at 56,000 miles. Transmissions should not be going dead 6,000 after the warranty, and Volvo should front some of the bill, which they do not. Please beware of this car. Other than the ridiculous reliability though, I do love the car. It handles wonderfully and has great power. The ride is smooth and comfortable. I do think its stupid that Volvo cant get an iPod adaptor for it though."

Volvo XC90 V8 Trivial concerns

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"Navigation should be part of a package that people can't live without. Being a $3k option on it's own made me shy away from it and I purchased a unit off the shelf. I'd also like to see multiple options for rear hatch configurations. The split level hatch is nice, but I'd prefer a single unit or one with an electric window similar to the 4Runner. Perhaps having multiple configurations available would make the vehicle more customizeable giving people a more personal feel about their vehicle. Also, the center seats should recline and the rear seats should be on rails also so that they could go back all the way. There are times when I could have 7 people in the car to go to dinner and I won't need the luggage space at all. I would love to see more space made available for passengers. If both center and reat seats could recline and had more distance on their rails it would improve comfort. The room is available, and making that available to passengers would be great! Overall, it is a great vehicle and I have no plans to get rid of it. I enjoy the ease of how the V8 reacts. I have had it full of people and luggage and it reacts as if I'm alone. The auto-leveling suspension eliminates any tail sag from the extra weight. The adaptive steering and gearing is very intuitive to what I'm doing. Shifting at higher RPM's when I'm driving harder makes it react like a big sports car. Especially when you can feel the suspension tighten up and the steering become firm. The 6-speed transmission is effortless and never makes the engine labor when passing. I lived in Germany for the first year I owned it and I did a lot of Autobahn traveling. Even at 90 MPH it does everything effortlessly. Styling is great, as are the amentities within. My only problem was with Navigation. In Europe we could not load the European disc, we were told we'd have to keep it in the computer and use it in "READ-ONLY". But I was told this before-hand which made me not order it. (Good customer service in my book). The drivers seat has me somewhat concerned as I think it could wear out much quicker than I'd expect from an SUV of this price. The outer bolster seems to be softer and not as supportive as it was when we originally drove it home. A little extra support in the front seats regardless wouldn’t hurt my feelings. When I took it in for it's 15k mile service I had 3 rubber boots that had to be put back on. The one around where the turn indicator meets the steering column had come off, as well as two that were under the center seats. That had me questioning the quality at first. They have not given me any troubles since, just sort of an annoyance. A good friend has had a VW Touraeg about the same amount of time and has had numerous troubles with the adjustable suspension in his as well as service lights coming on. This has landed him in a courtesy car for a few weeks. Compared to his troubles, mine have been quite trivial, so I feel that I have a better vehicle, and he agrees with me. Everyone should own one!"

Amazing safety, quality, and design.

By on Monday, April 13, 2015

Pros: "Great, comfortable, safe, controlable"

Cons: "Gas mileage, cost of repairs, cost of parts."

"Great, comfortable, safe, controlable, great all around car."