2007 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 441 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Perfect for our purpose

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, quality construction, durable, with good tires goes great in snow."

Cons: "Not cutting edge design."

"We bought this when they first came out (2003). We live above 8,000' in the Colorado foothills. We traded in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Volvo had better low-end torque, better gas mileage and more ground clearance than the Jeep. We're just now trading it in on an XC60. After nearly 100,000 miles, I can say that everything held together very, very well. It pulled through deep snow when Subaru Legacys were getting stuck. The ride quality, and the seats in particular, were superb, and held up throughout that 100,000 miles. It is not a sports car, but it handles better than most so-called SUVs. Most of all, it did not break down or give us grief. It just kept on going. The XC60 was not available when we bought the XC90. The shorter turning circle and length will make it easier to park. After 80,000 miles the Jeep was literally falling apart. After nearly 100,000 miles, much of it on washboard dirt roads, the Volvo is rock solid."

Wise purchase/ investment

By on Sunday, July 03, 2011

Pros: "reliable, safe, comfortable, versitile, handsome"

Cons: "blindspots, would like better mi/gallon"

"I love my XC90. After driving it for the last 5 yrs, I can say it is well worth the money. We bought used in 2006, and have had little trouble, other than the transmission dying at 20K mi, which was under warranty fixed for free. We bought Volvo due to their high safety ratings, comfort, and handsome appearance and have not been disappointed. I, being a military wife, love that I can fit everything from my HomeDepot purchases, to 7 during family visits, and easily mount a Yakima carrier on the top for trips. The seats in this car are the most comfortable ride(very supported for those of us with lumbar pains),and the built-in booster is priceless. The backup alarm has been very helpful with city curb parking. Yes there are some blind spots, delay in T6 power with sudden acceleration from stop, (but the power is great at acceleration at hwy speed), and there are costs that go along with regular maintanence, but overall I have been very satisfied with our purchase, and will buy Volvo again."

XC90 Pluses and Minuses

By on Thursday, May 28, 2009

"I've had my 2008 XC90 for two months; bought used 1 year old. Previous vehicle was a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport which I loved. XC90 Minuses that I've discovered: Engine a bit noisy Radio/CD very complicated to use Clock and Temperature not viewable by passenger Not enough interior storage compartments Door lock control is only 1 button which means that you have to press twice Blind spots to the rear Gas hog but I knew that when I bought XC90 Pluses that I've discovered: Good road handling Great sound from the premium radio/CD Great forward view without the hood visibile Comfortable interior Nice styling and features Overall, a good vehicle and many good prices now since buyers are wary of SUVs due to fuel economy concerns. But, if you like SUVs and don't mind the mileage, I recommend the XC90."

Transmission Failure, Tire burner

By on Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"I own a 2005 Volvo XC90 that I purchased in 2007 and this has not been a inexpensive car to maintain. This is my first Volvo and I've been very disappointed with my purchase. This car goes through tires rapidly and the transmission has just gone out at 89K. This is the first time I've ever had to replace a transmission in any car I've ever owned and I've never would have thought I'd have to replace a transmission for any vechile under 100K. On the plus side it's a confortable car that has a suitable amout of get up and go, however, it's not with the trade off."

2005-XC90

By on Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Bought the car used with 59k, not even ten months later with 73k on it, the transmission is slipping badly and I just had the transmission serviced for over $300! To have a car payment plus looking at a potential $5k bill for a transmission, they can have it back! I agree with others, LEMON< LEMON"