2007 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 416 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Second Volvo purchased and both have been great!

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Safe, roomy, family oriented vehicle."

Cons: "Hwy mileage is good, city could be better."

"This is a true SUV. Not one of the crossovers or wannabees. You can tow a boat, pack up a family and be comfortable on a road trip. It's also one of the safest vehicles on the road. I find it comfortable to drive as I have owned a number of other SUV's. There is more room than needed w/ full third row seating (that an adult can fit in). While gas mileage around the city averages 15, I do get mid 20's on the highway. So gas mileage could be better, but could also be worse for what you have. Last, one reason I bought it is because my in-laws own one. They now have 190k miles on it and it is still going strong (and looks good too). Other than normal wear and tare, replacing tires/brakes, they have put less than $2,200 in repairs. So as far as I'm concerned, they got their monies worth."

First car

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, easy to drive"

Cons: "maintenance, no navigation, no sensors"

"My mom passed this car down to me with only 30,000 miles while I was in high school and it's still going strong in college! This car is extremely reliable and is made for comfort. The only thing about Volvo is that it is difficult to get parts fixed quickly since it is not made in the US. Besides that I have loved driving my Volvo!"

terrible XC90

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Reason: bad gas mileage bad ride

"I have had Hyundai, Acuras, Volvos and Lexus before this and I was very unhappy with this SUV. We have 2 little children and no problem on back seat. The pickup is HORRIBLE on the 6 Cylinder engine and gas mileage. 17 miles to gallon city driving. This was my first SUV and last. This will also be my last Volvo as they don't hold their value at all when trading in... I really like my 2002 S60 but this one was a mistake."

best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "great"

"I owned 2 grand cherokees and didn't like the noise level in the cabin. My 05 xc90 was quieter, had more torque for getting on the freeways and very reliable. I'd like to get a new one but I'd like them to change something on the newer models...new should not look old."

Volvo XC-90 saved my LIFE !!!! Best car EVER !

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "Safety car , #1 !!!!"

"I would really recommend this car to everyone, especially people who want safety, comfort, and luxury. Its a great car for anyone who has kids but at the same time it is not too bulky like most SUVS. After getting into a major accident (the car was a total loss) in which I shockingly came out alive, I was reassured that I made the right choice in purchasing this car. After losing this car, I do not have to think twice about buying another Volvo."

Bought Used and am very dissatisfied

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"I bought this car with around 26k mile and now has nearly 87K. I am putting on my second set of tires the last set lasted about 30k. The nav/GPS system is ergonomically unfirendly and hard to use. You blindly have to set it and often push the wrong button and it retracts into the dash. Then you have to restart the process. Now the GPS does not always retract into the dash when shutting off. Have had to jump start car 3 times because of that and replace the battery once. I took out the fuse to stop this problem but then the radio does not work. This time it will cost over $1400 to fix. I am having them just unplug the GPS. Parking sensor went out and will cost $470 to replace. Leaking oil and the vaccum pump seal will be another $247. Remember this only has 87K miles. The seating capacity is falsly advertised. My family is scrunched in it. The third row person's knees hit the middle row seat and the middle row is pushed against the front row. My son is only 5'10" so the 3rd row is really for show only. The radio is somewhat complicated and you have to play with it to understand it. It is a gas guzzler too."

Gas hog. Expensive maintain.

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Very safe and nice ride"

Cons: "Gas hog."

"Purchased car new for wife. Car have had two transmissions replaced by dealer because of known problem. Car is great if you drive and get rid of before the warranty is off as it is expensive to maintain. I would not purchase another one. The car still drives great, but burns too much gasoline if one person is riding in it."

Safe & Sturdy - Poor gas mileage

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Super safe. It's a tank with all wheel drive."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage and limited technology."

"It gave us 9 years of safety and was pretty reliable after some initial glitches. The gas mileage is low - 14 to 16 mpg in the city. The technology from this era of Volvo's was behind the competition."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Excellent AWD, spacious, surprisingly agile"

Cons: "Disappointing city mpg,lack of BLIS in bad weather"

"Lots of space, handles the snow and pavement and anything in between like a champion. Easy-to-use navigation system. BLIS doesn't usually work in rain or heavy snow, but is helpful at night on the highway. Interior is nothing to write home about, but the leather seats are pretty comfortable."

This car saved our life!

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Safety and quality and reliable"

Cons: "High Maintenance cost"

"We bought this car in 2006 best decision ever made.I am a busy mom with three kids of various ages. We wanted a family sized vehicle and we liked the third row seat option. Love the versatility and style. We never had any serious problems with it so it's very reliable and has the endurance for a busy family.The normal wear has not changed the look of interior and the exterior has no rust or fading. Still drives great after over 140000 miles. The maintenance can be pricey but worth it. The main thing is the fact that we survived a major accident with a three car pile up with the least damage of all cars involved. Can't put a price on my kids, lives so yes I Love this car and will buy another soon."

2007 Volvo XC 90 AWD. A car to fall in love with

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "It has your bells and whistles it just can't yodel"

Cons: "7 qts blend synthetic & change every 7500 miles"

"This dark blue XC90 is awesome and great to drive. A 3.2 6cyl engine is surprisingly powerful and responsive. I have never had an engine or component issue. Tires at least 66%. Leather interior, driver and passenger power seats, they are heated as well, power front and rear windows. 6 disc CD changer, retractable moon roof and heated exterior mirrors with remote adjustment. Front fog lights and an additional fog light to switch on so that you are easier to see to drivers behind you. Rear passenger area also has A/C vents with front and rear controls. Front windshield can sense rain and intensity and adjust itself automatically. Traction control is augmented with adjustment for wet road conditions. Immaculate inside and out. No cuts or tears on leather."

One of the best SUV's i have driven.

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

"VOLVO QUALITY AND SAFETY. SPORTS CAR SPEED AND HANDLING. FOR THE PRICE YOU CAN NOT BEAT THE SAFETY AND RELIABILITY OF THIS VEHICLE. VOLVO SAFETY SPORTS CAR POWER AND SPEED. ACCLERATION IS FANTASTIC AND ALL WHEEL DRIVE LETS YOU HANDLE CORNERS FLAWLESSY."

Not a reliable car

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable ride & large back cargo area"

Cons: "Price, unreliable & costly upkeep"

"Purchased new. Think it was built with used parts. Paid top $ & it doesn't even have a compass. First week light bulbs had to be replaced & then driver seat belt didn't work. Had to replace 3 of the original performance tires before the first yr was out. Warning lights come-on all the time. Each time have to take it in & Volvo just re-sets system. Have had to replace so many parts in the 5 yrs I've had it. I get it serviced & aligned regularly by Volvo dealership, so shouldn't be having all the problems I've had with it. Not a reliable car & very expensive once 60k warranty expires. Had to replace 2 hubs/bearings & it was over $1,200. Getting ready to trade car in before anything else goes wrong with it."

I have loved this car!!!

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

"I can't say enough about this vehicle, no rust on a 10 year old car is amazing to me!! Made to last, performs great, AWD is great in Michigan weather! I would buy another Volvo XC90, but am disappointed that the 2014 interior looks just like my 2004! I would like to see some changes, so it feels like a new car inside and out!"

XC90 Volvo

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

"Have owned this vehicle for about 4 years, purchased new. Owned another Volvo before that (also purchased new). My XC90 (AWD 3.2) was the most comfortable, right size, and had the needed 4WD and other amenities. Extremely good leather seats, not as good as previous Volvo but close. Good visibility, easy controls, comfortable controlled ride, luxury details without a lot of unnecessary bells and whistles. Handles well on open rode and trips, no problems even in heavy winds with lots of semis around. No, it' not the fastest thing out of the gate but it moves just fine and safely through traffic and passing lanes and it rides very smooth and sound. Ok in snow, not great, but using caution no problems...far better than some SUVs I've drive in snow. Center control area could be better designed - however, looking at photos of the new to be future 2015 XC90, Volvo appears to be going in reverse instead of forward with their design ideas (i.e. good use of space )less cabin comforts and overuse of cold unfriendly looking high tech metals. I want a nice safe ride, luxury ad comfort - if I wanted a sport high tech vehicle I'd buy a sports car. They seem to have lost sight of the more basic European luxury wants and needs of their base clientele that may still be looking to buy these vehicles in the future. I don't particularly like the added sporty elements of the 2014 XC90 version but still considering the 2014 because compared to what is out there it still has the most of what I am looking for in the price range and it's been an excellent vehicle thus far. Everything interior/exterior has held up like new. It's a heavy vehicle, you will have to replace tires about 30K or more that is a given. Volvo doesn't make the tires (read tire reviews, most are bad). Gas mileage could be better - of course - but it's higher than posted here. I average 20-21 between city and highway, mostly around town driving which for this size is still not bad. The 3rd row seating is useless to me, never used, always down. This should be optional, and it would reduce the cost for those of us who do not need it too. I don't intend to purchase past 2014 (if I do ) the 2015 looks like an XC60 on slight steroids, is not particularly luxurious for this price range nor well thought out inside either. Volvos have slowly evolved to look like most vehicles out there, not distinctive and not good. Having driven an XC60 too can say it was also not their best effort with a very uncomfortable and useless cramped cabin/ interior and nothing special otherwise. I expect a future XC90's to be a disappointment to many longtime Volvo drivers. Unfortunately, the choices are getting smaller instead of larger for those looking for real European SUV's in this size and price range."

V8 Beware!

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Thank God I had an extended warrantee! Right at 90K the Balance Shaft Bearing blew. It took a month of fighting with the warrantee folks but they finally agreed to replace the engine with a rebuild aftermarket. Volvo said that a new engine would cost $16,500.00. Stay clear of this V8 from 2005 they were made wrong and Volvo decided not to do a re-call. The Balance Shaft Bearing does not get lubed from the engine oil. Aftermarket and engines made 6 months after the first release are fixed, but if you have one of the first models off the rack beware it’s a ticking time bomb!"

2005 AWD 5Cyl Turbo

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Safety, stability, handling, comfort, looks"

Cons: "Tire wear, repair part cost,"

"Test drove this vehicle against all popular SUV's prior to purchase in 2004. XC-90 was a true 7 passenger SUV with excellent handling and adequate power. The vehicle condition is 9/9 inside and out and looks fresh after 9 years. Since new have replaced tires 3x, brakes once, heater core, fuel pump, fuel distributor. The repair costs are comparable for the brand and class. The vehicle has provided excellent service with a level of comfort and safety not experienced with other vehicles. Recent 'check engine' light codes for very minor items are annoying but not serious which may be software issues as opposed to failing components. Would like to purchase a new XC-90 but plan to keep this vehicle for the next 3-5 years."

Good for safety...mechanically a piece of junk

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

"WE purchased the car new. After the warrantly expired the rear wheel bearing failed...$600. Volvo did not flinch. One year later the other bearing failed. This time with a lot of noise the split the cost with me. Shortly thereafter the transmission failed. I spent a lot to have them diagnose it and then they finally agreed to replace it after I found web material that a class action suit was pending. There are many more other items that add up to a piece of junk car mechanically."

Very reliable and I feel very safe in this car.

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"I never owned a Volvo before this one, but if I could afford a new one I would buy again."

Luxury & Safety--I got both!

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "affordable luxury, safe, spacious, fun, classic"

Cons: "average gas mileage, not good for off-road travel,"

"I wanted a luxury vehicle that would also give me the peace of mind of safety. After shopping around for months, I found that I'd have to sacrifice one option to have the other or pay out the nose for all. That isn't the case with the Volvo! My XC90 provides me with the luxury and comfort I desired for me and the long-known Volvo safety, dependability, and comfort that I wanted for driving with my kids."

Will never buy another Volvo

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "comfortable, smooth drive"

Cons: "gas guzzler, wears out tires and brakes fast."

"I have a top of the line XC90 and it has been a lemon since day one. Cheap leather on upholstery. Within the first year, I fought to get my seat leather replaced. It was wrinkled and cracking. Transmission has been replaced by them, my headlights changed to a dull color the first few years and no one can buff it to a shine. the arm rest leather is fake, has peeled completely off, looks awful. This car eats up tires and gas. I only drive it 6 miles a day to work and have to replace it once a year. Brakes wear out constantly. We have 3 other Volvos and this is the worst by far. Our S40 has been a big disappointment too. Will write about that as well."

This has been a great car

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

"I am selling this car as I have purchased another, its priced at $7250 firm 214-205-5870"

XC90 R-Design; superb road machine

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Very safe. Stongest passenger cage vs competition"

Cons: "Needs a little more horsepower for stop and go"

"The R-design model is equipped with larger disc brakes, larger stabilizer bars, larger tires and stronger suspension than the standard XC90. Steering is quicker and more precise. A real pleasure for long distance interstate trips."

great reliable-safe car

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "soloid hwy driving-handles great -comfortible ride"

Cons: "Better gas milage."

"Just a solid dependable suv."

Good vehicle...eats tires

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Very comfortable and capable vehicle"

Cons: "Eats tires, also likes to swill gas"

"Great riding car! Took it on a 1,500 trip with my parents in middle row, kids in the third row and me and wife up front...and no one complained about their comfort. Cannot think of another vehicle where I have ever experienced that before and we have had several over the years. The XC90 has never stranded us but a couple of trips to the service bay have set us back some cash. Also, I only get about half of the tread life/wear that tire makers claim with this vehicle. So in summary, if you want a great riding/comfortable car and are O.K. with getting handed the occasional bill for repair and tires then this is the car for you."