2004 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 442 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

A Ride of Value

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

"I am the original owner of a 2005 XC90 2.5 T with 90000 miles no repairs needed except for general scheduled service. I go to the Volvo dealer at the recommended 7500 mile interval. The rear right door latch was replaced at 35000 miles it would not come out of child lock mode. I average 18 to 22 MPG. The FWD basic loss leader model was a great buy in basic black. The plastic left cover part by seat wore out from entry and exit-a design flaw. When are they going to introduce the hybrid four cylinders that get 40 MPG into the USA or the hybrid diesel? I will look for both when I visit Sweden this summer."

We love this vehicle.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Large inside, small outside. Decent gas mileage."

Cons: "Hard to park due to turning radius."

"We have 3 kids so we were looking for something with 3 rows. We decided on the 2004 xc 90 AWD T6. Very roomy. 3rd row is great for kids. We wanted a 3rd row where half of the seat would fold down so that we could use the other half to haul things like luggage or stroller. Decent gas mileage. We average about 17-18 overall. We do wish it had a tighter turning radius. It is a little hard to park. My Lincoln Navigator is easier to park even though it is much bigger. Other than that, we are very pleased with our xc90."

Love this car

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "very responsive, great on gas, very solid"

Cons: "little bugs to be fixed, repairs are expensive."

"I really love this car. Fully loaded with DVD player, 4wd, 2.5t. So sorry they dont have the turbo on new ones because the car has such good pick up off the line and really surprisingly good on gas (we got 26 mpg on trips). Handles like a car but fits my family (2 kid) so well we dont fly anywhere anymore, just drive on trips. Super comfortable. Feels like a very safe car, very solid and heavy. Only criticism I would have is its pretty involved to work on so dealership really has to do everything including something so simple like changing the brakes. I would highly recommend certified used as we did. The repairs are expensive and being very close to a dealership helps. We let a friend and a relative drive the car for the day as they were shopping SUVs and they both ended up buying the exact same car. This was supposed to be my car but my husband and I battle over who gets to drive it and our other car is an SUV too."

Not worth the money

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"My car has had electrical problems since the first month when I bought it new in 2006. Dealer has not been able to fix it because "cannot duplicate" the problem. No longer under warranty and repairs are costly, not to mention regular maintenance. Would not recommend Volvo cars to anyone!"

Hate this vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"I bought this vehicle about 3 years ago, and have had major, major repairs. I spent more than I wanted to, thinking the Volvo name would mean quality. Unfortunately it has been nothing but a money pit. The ride is comfortable and the design and styling is nice, but the excessive repairs have ruined the whole experience for me."

So-So

By on Thursday, August 26, 2010

"I bought this vehicle for a safe, long term car. Instead I've had to put in a new transmission, coolant system, radiator, steering column, alarm siren (it wouldn't stop going off), and soon to be shocks. Beware when considering this vehicle. It is the first XC90 model and it's too much weight for many of its components. Besides the functioning of the vehicle, it is very comfortable, and has many safety features. If you own one, trade it in as soon as possible. Volvo replaces transmission under warranty, but they put in the same kind, no upgrades."

The perfect EVERY day SUV for EVERY body!

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "All around great SUV"

Cons: "None I can think of"

"I have owned two Volvo XC90's and am so bummed they no longer make the 8 cyl. This car has some major giddy up and go. The car feels safe, drives like a luxury car and has excellent quality and reliability."

Solid great SUV

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Solid comfortable and very capable Lux SUV"

Cons: "Price of parts tends to be high..."

"Drives great, good gas mileage for a suv. VERY comfortable seats. Overall, for the money the best lux SUV....."

Very reliable car

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "Mileage is not the best."

Cons: "When repairs are needed they can be expensive. could used more front leg room."

"volvo has been the car I always wanted to own. When the SUV was designed I was certain I would get one. I love my car and I have had very few problems with this car. I bought it used from car max and would buy another. I think I am a lifetime volvo owner."

Like it so much getting a new XC-90

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "safety, safety, safety"

Cons: "it is a heavy vehicle on an S-80 frame so mileage is so-so"

"I purchased this car new and followed the maintenance schedule. It has proven to be a safe and reliable family SUV. I got the 5-cyl model which was a proven workhorse of Volvo. It is a shame they dropped that. If you are looking at purchasing a used 2004 XC-90 it is a great car for a growing family. However, make sure that is has been properly serviced."