2004 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 430 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

A gamble

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking comfortable"

Cons: "Mechanical issues not worth the style."

"If you are one of the unlucky gamblers to get one with the common faulty transmisions, prepare to add an additional $6000 to $7000 to your cost. A common problem since 2003. Volvo needs to step up to the plate and replace the faulty transmissions with a reliable design."

Best Volvo I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

"I bought my XC90 in 2005 with 70,000 miles on it. She now has 257,000 miles, and she is still running strong. I've had to keep up on basic maintenance just like with any other car, but I have had no major out of pocket expenses for this vehicle since I have owned it. I absolutely love the way this vehicle drives and handles, and it has great get up and go. I have the AWD T6, so it does very well in snow... I live in Wisconsin, so this is very important. While the interior does lack in personal storage, it's an extremely comfortable and roomy vehicle. I love the style of this vehicle both inside and out. It has a very classic yet modern feel to it, and I just love driving it. Nice thing about this vehicle is that the body style has not changed much over the years, and it always looks newer than it is. Put it next to an 06, and you can't tell the difference. I read allot of mixed reviews about this vehicle prior to purchase, more bad then good, but this vehicle has proven those reviews wrong in my mind. She has been one of the most reliable Volvos I have ever owned. I'm purchasing a 2010 in about a week, and this one is going to my son. I'd like to see if we can get her to 400,000 miles or more."

very reliable car

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "very good car"

"80% hihgway driving, maintainance done personally, change oil every 4000 miles/ no accident/ excellent running condition"

What the Heck?

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

"Here's my take on this vehicle. Very plain interior. Not much storage or room for phones, drinks, sunglasses, etc. Now why would Volvo not have an overdrive for this vehicle. It is a six cylinder turbo and has only four gears thus we get about 14 miles to the gallon on the hiway! That is horrible. We only bought this to protect my young son and should have done more research before we purchased."

Nice but be careful

By on Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pros: "attractive styling, great interior, good mileage"

Cons: "A few bugs that need to be worked out"

"I bought this vehicle about 6 months ago and although I love the fit, finish, and road manners of it, I would suggest to anyone who buys one to make sure the throttle body has been replaced and that the plenum leak in the firewall has been fixed. The throttle body problem may leave you stranded and the water leak causes the CEM to malfunction, which can leave you without any heat, air, radio, power windows, turn signal, or gauge cluster function. I found out through a little digging that these are common problems with this model and Volvo knows about them. I happen to work on vehicles and was able to fix these problems myself but if you do not know how, these repairs may cost well into the thousands. Be careful."