2003 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 436 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Okay vehicle, would expect higher quality.

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "Lots of cup holders, roomy and comfortable"

Cons: "Too man rattles, lots of broken things"

"This car has been okay for us. It's a comfortable midsize SUV. Overall we haven't had any major issues, but lots and lots of small ones. Many interior pieces break or crack. We've had to replace the driver side sidepiece due to cracking, fuel door hinge is broken, center console hinge broke, window up/down buttons cracked, glove box hinge is broken and cup holder plastic piece is popping up. We are two adults in their 30's and not hard on our cars. This car is made of cheap plastic. Everything rattles and squeaks. The center console is really noisy and I've tried felt tape all over it. The plastic housing on the window control buttons rattles. There are so many rattles that come from the 2nd row seating and I have no idea what they are. I would not recommend this car."

LUXURY RIDE

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "Fun and extremely safe to drive,"

Cons: "TOOO expensive for a retired person..."

"If money is no object this is the SUV for you. It is outstanding in looks, comfort, and features but fixing it is very costly. In the almost year I've had it, I've only put 2K miles on it, paid $13K and have lost $4K of that in trade-in value. I want something much less costly when it needs lubricated or fixed, So far, I have spent oodles of money for new tires, all head and turn signal lights have been replaced, all 5 engine coils have been replaced. This has been an expensive vehicle to keep running in my experience. It gets terrible mileage, so I am looking for something newer that gets considerably better mileage and is good to go for at least a year with NO NECESSARY REPAIRS,"

I would but another one.

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

"10 years old and drives like new. I would recommend to anyone especially for it's safety."

very reliable, great safety features

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

"Volvo never corrected the drivers side windshield wiper/washer issue which does not clean the bottom portion of the windshield. This has been an issue with this model for years. Supposedly corrected with the 2015 models. That just seems ridiculous and the mfr has no solution for it other then a shrug of the shoulders. Other then that the vehicle has performed well and no issues experienced yet. Interior is comfortable and well designed. 3rd row seat is roomy enough for teenagers or short distances for adults. This has been a great family vehicle"

Good vehicle

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

"My husband passed away and I have an extra car. I bought this Volvo new and have cared for it as my responsibility. Everything has been done when needed but now I do not need two cars."

Beware of the T6. Otherwise a great SUV.

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, safe, and reliable."

Cons: "T6 transmission problems. Leather wears quickly."

"After considerable research I learned that the T6 model has horrible transmission problems, but my 2.5T has been excellent. It carries our entire family, all of our stuff, and does it comfortably. I really like this SUV. Maintenance and repairs have been minimal in over 100K miles."

Poor HVAC, interior design,cost to maintain.

By on Saturday, January 17, 2015

"Great for carrying a lot of people."

A gamble

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking comfortable"

Cons: "Mechanical issues not worth the style."

"If you are one of the unlucky gamblers to get one with the common faulty transmisions, prepare to add an additional $6000 to $7000 to your cost. A common problem since 2003. Volvo needs to step up to the plate and replace the faulty transmissions with a reliable design."

Best Volvo I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

"I bought my XC90 in 2005 with 70,000 miles on it. She now has 257,000 miles, and she is still running strong. I've had to keep up on basic maintenance just like with any other car, but I have had no major out of pocket expenses for this vehicle since I have owned it. I absolutely love the way this vehicle drives and handles, and it has great get up and go. I have the AWD T6, so it does very well in snow... I live in Wisconsin, so this is very important. While the interior does lack in personal storage, it's an extremely comfortable and roomy vehicle. I love the style of this vehicle both inside and out. It has a very classic yet modern feel to it, and I just love driving it. Nice thing about this vehicle is that the body style has not changed much over the years, and it always looks newer than it is. Put it next to an 06, and you can't tell the difference. I read allot of mixed reviews about this vehicle prior to purchase, more bad then good, but this vehicle has proven those reviews wrong in my mind. She has been one of the most reliable Volvos I have ever owned. I'm purchasing a 2010 in about a week, and this one is going to my son. I'd like to see if we can get her to 400,000 miles or more."

very reliable car

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "very good car"

"80% hihgway driving, maintainance done personally, change oil every 4000 miles/ no accident/ excellent running condition"