2003 Volvo XC90

7.7

Based on 443 Ratings for the 2003 - 2014 models.

Very reliable car

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "Mileage is not the best."

Cons: "When repairs are needed they can be expensive. could used more front leg room."

"volvo has been the car I always wanted to own. When the SUV was designed I was certain I would get one. I love my car and I have had very few problems with this car. I bought it used from car max and would buy another. I think I am a lifetime volvo owner."

Solid great SUV

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Solid comfortable and very capable Lux SUV"

Cons: "Price of parts tends to be high..."

"Drives great, good gas mileage for a suv. VERY comfortable seats. Overall, for the money the best lux SUV....."

Perfect for our purpose

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, quality construction, durable, with good tires goes great in snow."

Cons: "Not cutting edge design."

"We bought this when they first came out (2003). We live above 8,000' in the Colorado foothills. We traded in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Volvo had better low-end torque, better gas mileage and more ground clearance than the Jeep. We're just now trading it in on an XC60. After nearly 100,000 miles, I can say that everything held together very, very well. It pulled through deep snow when Subaru Legacys were getting stuck. The ride quality, and the seats in particular, were superb, and held up throughout that 100,000 miles. It is not a sports car, but it handles better than most so-called SUVs. Most of all, it did not break down or give us grief. It just kept on going. The XC60 was not available when we bought the XC90. The shorter turning circle and length will make it easier to park. After 80,000 miles the Jeep was literally falling apart. After nearly 100,000 miles, much of it on washboard dirt roads, the Volvo is rock solid."

Wise purchase/ investment

By on Sunday, July 03, 2011

Pros: "reliable, safe, comfortable, versitile, handsome"

Cons: "blindspots, would like better mi/gallon"

"I love my XC90. After driving it for the last 5 yrs, I can say it is well worth the money. We bought used in 2006, and have had little trouble, other than the transmission dying at 20K mi, which was under warranty fixed for free. We bought Volvo due to their high safety ratings, comfort, and handsome appearance and have not been disappointed. I, being a military wife, love that I can fit everything from my HomeDepot purchases, to 7 during family visits, and easily mount a Yakima carrier on the top for trips. The seats in this car are the most comfortable ride(very supported for those of us with lumbar pains),and the built-in booster is priceless. The backup alarm has been very helpful with city curb parking. Yes there are some blind spots, delay in T6 power with sudden acceleration from stop, (but the power is great at acceleration at hwy speed), and there are costs that go along with regular maintanence, but overall I have been very satisfied with our purchase, and will buy Volvo again."

2004 T6 Still Going Strong

By on Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"Leased a 2004 T6 new in 2004, bought out the lease in 2008. Never has been a problem. Now 112,500 miles and about to put on forth set of tires. Last set of tires went with a harder compound and they have lasted about 45K miles. Rides a little firmer but still great for mostly city driving. Dealer service is pricy but when I leave it drives like new. First time I have ever just used the dealer for service. Liked Volvo so much, that wife, mother-in-law and 2 sisters-in-laws are driving them now."