2015 Volvo XC70 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,324 - $34,733.

10/6.9

Based on 133 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Great car...purchased new in 04 & not selling it

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Winter driving and hauling"

Cons: "Ugly soccer moms check you out"

"I use this wagon like most people use trucks. I am a single guy with no kids and love my wagon. I have over 135 000 miles on it and have put next to nothing into it. I have hauled two large dog into Canada numerous times, transported a dingy from one end of the Chesapeake to the other, dock boxes 1000 lbs of sails and equipment from Daytona to Baltimore all without a problem and she still drives like the day I drove it off the lot. And she will smoke most other cars off the line and when most people are unable to get through 1 to 2 feet of snow I can still make the seed limit"

reliable luxury great for distance

By on Friday, November 09, 2012

Pros: "reliability, longevity, value"

Cons: "price"

"this is the second xc70 that ive bought the 1st was a 99 xc70 awd base, i put 550,000 on that car and it still ran great when i traded it in for a newer one. this one drives like a cloud on air and is as safe as a leopard tank, the interior design is great especially in the drivers area."

2004 much better than previous except 850

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Safe!!Safe!!Safe!! 27mpg"

Cons: "cupholder plastics break -wish it had an ipod adap"

"This car was garage kept and serviced. I would recommend any volvo owner to change the transmission fluid at dealer and do it every 40000 or so for reliability. The previous xc 70 had saved our lives when someone rearended us on the highway doing over 90 mph...we were going 65 and the traction system engage and we were able to pull over safely. If we were in the toyota we would possibly have flipped and may not be here today. So having put 1500.00 in "routine" service I can not put a value on life. This car has great steel construction that is built for such an impact."

A workhorse

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Ok, it's my wife's car but I take care of it and I use it to pick up supplies from the garden center and hardware store. We're going on 5 years with our 2004 XC-70 and in a nutshell it's a great car to own if you can only have one car in the garage. Drives like a sedan (an AWD S60 of course), decent mileage (21 mpg), decent pick up, great sense of safety, great residual value, and of course versitility in hauling stuff. Why anyone would drive an SUV/crossover when you can drive an AWD wagon is beyond my reasoning. This is our 2nd Volvo after a 98 S70 and I see no reason why a 3rd isn't in our future. If you think the XC70 seats are comfortable, they're nothing next to those in that S70. Volvo does seats right people. Why can't others? Make no mistake however, it's no sport sedan and I know because I keep those for myself. Other downsides: the stock Pirelli tires which you have to get get chewed up, brakes go fast likely due to the heavier weight of AWD, and the interior is now behind the times for a luxury brand. Still, I'd have a tough time trading this one in for a new one as I don't see enough difference with the new 2008. After a few more years however..."

All around awesome all road vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"I have owned Volvo's for 40+ years, and the XC 70 is the best of the bunch! Wonderful roadability, exceptional dependability,easy to maintain, and quality throughout. Still going strong at 200k miles (she's just getting her second wind)!"