2014 Volvo XC70 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,990 - $34,130.

10/7.0

Based on 43 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Best quality car I've ever owned

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, handles well, comfortable"

Cons: "mpg"

"This is my favorite car that I've ever owned. I think I'm going to cry when I sell this car! I drove this car across country for 5 days and I never had a problem with sitting in my car for hours at a time. The seats are comfortable, handles well even in Utah snow, extremely safe, very fun to drive. The sound system is amazing and it has lots of room in the cargo area for skis, snowboards and any type of equipment. The only downside is the gas mileage and that is why I need to sell it. When I drove it around town it was perfect. I now drive into the city everyday and it is using gas quickly."

reliable, safe, but stodgy. soft ride

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

"Good for what it does. soft comfortable ride, mediocre handling but safe. Was t-boned, and the car saved my cups. When rear seats folded down, plenty of luggage space. Turbo is a necessity for a wagon of this weight. Overall, if you are looking for solid, but plain styling in a family wagon this is a good choice. But if you are want sportiness, styling and handling, look elsewhere."

The most comfortable car

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, safety features, beautiful interior"

"This car has amazing seats. Test drove many other makes and models...Mercedes, BMW, Toyota, and Honda. We just kept coming back to the Volvo for those seats! I'm always confused as to why this Wagon is compared to other sport wagons. This Volvo Wagon is just the perfect daily or long trip vehicle for busy people with kids and/or pets. Our other family car is a BMW 335i, so if we want sport driving, that's the car we take. However, even my husband agrees, as fun as the BMW is to drive, you just can't beat those Volvo seats."

Great daily drive and super tourer

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Strong safe and reliable drive"

Cons: "Should have a standard rear camera."

"Very Safe, very reliable and very strong. Great for a family or for hauling substantial loads long or short distances. Great pick up off the turbo and 70 comes up very quickly and makes for safe overtaking and "idiot avoidance". Good seats make for comfortable distance driving and the AWD makes for sure footed handling with reasonable fuel economy on std gas. Stereo pretty good and interior fittings show no rattles, squeeks or bumps after 60K miles. Well Done Volvo (Ford as was)"

The car has been on a flat bed 2 different times

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "IPOD hook up is nice"

Cons: "relaibility after 80k stinks"

"After 86k the car became the least reliable car I have ever owned and very expensive to repair. The car died on the highway stranding me - had it flat bedded to the garage then flat bedded to the dealer to find that the gas hose had become tangled around the fuel sensor causing it to think it had no fuel and setting off all of the computer sensors to first over react and then shut down. An obvious Volvo design / build flaw - no help at all from them. Cut the exhaust, drop the tank, re-route the lines, put it back together + tows I spent about $1400 dollars. Less than 6 months later on a family vacation 6 states away the a/c compressor binds up, saws through the belt and strands my family and I once again. New compressor + tow another $1400. Lately the gas cap gasket letting go, releasing the cap and causing the check engine light to come on. I currently own 5 Volvos and this is the worst I have ever owned. One more problem and I am going to have the car crushed so no one else has to ever suffer through owning it"