2012 Volvo XC70

Based on 46 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Significant reliability issues

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Lots of great features, very comfortable"

Cons: "Software glitch that they cannot fix"

"Have had the car for only 4 months and have had it in the shop 5 times already. Some minor issues, but the recurring major issue is that the "low oil" light comes on every few thousand miles. Generally the oil is fine, and they have upgraded the software twice, soon to be three times as the car is having the issue as I write this. But as there doesn't seem to be a fix, you basically have to allow an extra 20 minutes to get anywhere in case you have to stop and check the oil. Or alternatively, you essentially lose your low oil warning feature because you ignore it and continue driving (at the risk that this time the oil is actually low). Having this reliability issue at this price point is inconceivable."

we got a good one

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

"So far this car has been great Same mileage as a Subaru and infinitely more comfortable, safe and roomy"

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

"50,000 miles in just under three years. Only had to replace tires once and just oil changes. Haven't had one thing go wrong. Leather is holding up well and outside looks brand new. The interior still smells like a new car. Average 21 mpg. Adequete power."

AWESOME!!! Did I mention AWESOME!!!

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "Everything about this car is the PRO"

"Sold my wifes SUV and picked up the T6 XC70.....wow!!!! All wheel drive and awesome performance. Very comfortable, even for my being a novice body builder. I was so impressed by this vehicle I went out and bought one for myself too."

Best car I've owned

By on Monday, August 08, 2011

Pros: "power, mpg, comfort"

Cons: "nav and back up camera screen poorly designed"

"fast car, decent mpg, rear booster seats are awesome idea/design pop up nav/rear camera screen is poorly designed with warning message that blocks view. the camera also takes forever to come up."

By on Monday, January 17, 2011

Pleasant

By on Saturday, November 27, 2010

"This is a wonderful, stylish, and extremely comfortably wagon. I previously owned a Mercedes 4matic wagon, and the volvo is as solid and comfortabe. Many think it is not a driver's automobile and while not a sports car it rides very well. It actually reminds me of my other previous mercedes a 1985 turbo diesel. The car really feels like a tank. You might not want to whip around winding roads, but you may want to enjoy the trip!"

By on Thursday, August 05, 2010

Great car - expensive

By on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"This is our 3rd XC70 - 2000SE, 2004 XC70 and this 2008 XC70. I like this one best. The 04 seemed to have better performance (sort of, it did have a turbo). This on is sluggish on the freeway onramps and passing, BUT if you use high octane fuel it performs MUCH better and even gets 2 mpg better! Have not worked the calculator on that one, we just use the cheap stuff 99% of the time. LIKES: Keyless entry, fold up mirrors when you lock the doors, power tailgate, fantastic upgraded stereo (although my BMW logic 7 will blow this one's doors off), super leather seating, each seat is comfortable, confident driving feel, superb safety features (like the sensor that tells you an accident is eminent and brakes, lights up the lower windshield and beeps like an airplane), this is a BIG car - like driving my Dad's '72 Cadillac - only with that tight European feel, distinctive look inside and out, a winner! DISLIKES: No bluetooth (really?), sometimes the power mirrors don't open up when you open a door other than the drivers door or do not use the keyfob to unlock the car, 16mpg city and 21mpg highway (Mr. leadfoot I am), optimistic outside thermometer (reads 118 on a 95 degree day at start up), makes funny whiring sounds sometimes - the power rear liftgate seems to strain to open and close, the auto a/c makes silly sounds while adjusting vents, etc. and a whinny sound at a cold startup. Lastly, I bought a full service plan for 36 months at $600 - RIP OFF ... I would buy this car again, my wife LOVES it, kids are rough on it, dog (70lb) loves the "head out the window" routine ... great piece of machinery, at 3 years it cleans up great and looks nearly new after a car wash."

Worst Volvo in 40 Years

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"At 51 miles major rear brake failure requiring all the rear brake parts to be replaced. Electronic sensor system is too sensitive. Warning sensors have given erroneous messages. Warning systems says engine is running when it is stopped. Uncommon rubbing noises in rear end when driving. Down shifting is very jerky. Turbo/transmission response is jerky. We have been driving Volvos for 40 years and cross-countries for last 8 years. After our continuing problems with our 2010 we will never purchase another Volvo."