2012 Volvo XC70

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Perfect for my uses

By on Monday, August 03, 2009

"I have 50,000 miles on my 2005 XC70 bought new at the end of the model year. No problems thus far. Still have the original tires, no brake work required. This vehicle is perfect for us. It carries two adults, a cat, cat food, 2 kayaks, fishing rods, tackle, luggage and miscellaneous stuff on a 4000 mile trip without discomfort. Without the kayaks, the gas mileage on a highway trip exceeds EPA estimates; with the kayaks we get about 3 mpg less."

Great daily drive and super tourer

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Strong safe and reliable drive"

Cons: "Should have a standard rear camera."

"Very Safe, very reliable and very strong. Great for a family or for hauling substantial loads long or short distances. Great pick up off the turbo and 70 comes up very quickly and makes for safe overtaking and "idiot avoidance". Good seats make for comfortable distance driving and the AWD makes for sure footed handling with reasonable fuel economy on std gas. Stereo pretty good and interior fittings show no rattles, squeeks or bumps after 60K miles. Well Done Volvo (Ford as was)"

The most comfortable car

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, safety features, beautiful interior"

"This car has amazing seats. Test drove many other makes and models...Mercedes, BMW, Toyota, and Honda. We just kept coming back to the Volvo for those seats! I'm always confused as to why this Wagon is compared to other sport wagons. This Volvo Wagon is just the perfect daily or long trip vehicle for busy people with kids and/or pets. Our other family car is a BMW 335i, so if we want sport driving, that's the car we take. However, even my husband agrees, as fun as the BMW is to drive, you just can't beat those Volvo seats."

Comfort, safety, relability, performance

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

"Best car ever"

Utilitarian, comfortable, go anywhere, safe car

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "solid, safe, everyday driver"

Cons: "glove soft leather comfortable but delicate"

"I love everything about this vehicle except there are things I did not order with the car when I should have. I should have order the upgraded stereo, privacy glass and BLIS. Then it would be the perfect vehicle, if maybe it got slightly better gas mileage."

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"This was the first Volvo I owned. I've driven lots of high-end cars and AWD vehicles. The Volvo beats them all. It is superbly quiet, very smooth riding, handles ANY kind of road conditions automatically. Drives effortlessly yet still gives you the sense of the road. Very thoughtfully laid out interior and doesn't have a forest of stems on the column. Premium Sound System is concert quality. The nav is easy to use and kinda fun. And because of Volvo's safety reputation, I feel very secure driving my grandchildren."

Best quality car I've ever owned

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, handles well, comfortable"

Cons: "mpg"

"This is my favorite car that I've ever owned. I think I'm going to cry when I sell this car! I drove this car across country for 5 days and I never had a problem with sitting in my car for hours at a time. The seats are comfortable, handles well even in Utah snow, extremely safe, very fun to drive. The sound system is amazing and it has lots of room in the cargo area for skis, snowboards and any type of equipment. The only downside is the gas mileage and that is why I need to sell it. When I drove it around town it was perfect. I now drive into the city everyday and it is using gas quickly."

Best xc70 yet, MB - like handling

By on Friday, June 19, 2015

Pros: "Super value, solid and versatile"

Cons: ">70 road noise"

"Luxury comfort, amazingly easy to navigate. Road noise >70 is uncomfortable. Navigation is awkward to program and often iPhone is better alternative."

Bought used in July 2011@48,000miles. Now @ 80,000

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "Adaptive Cruise, Push to Start, Rain Sensing Wiper"

Cons: "Child Seats, Low H Power, No Turbo."

"Bought used in July 2011 @ 48,000 miles. Now @ 80,000 miles. Volvo is simply the best regardless of what model. Began not liking the adaptive cruise control but now I love it. Perfect for high speed traffic where cars are pulling into space between you and car in front. No need to adjust the cruise speed or step on brake. Car automatically backs off to let careless drivers cut in front. Also rain sensing wipers. Again, no need to fiddle with wiper speed while driving in traffic during downpour. Wipers automatically adjust to rain intensity. This is a safety feature if driving on interstate through large cities. Love the 'push to start' feature. I simply leave the fob in my pocket and push the button on one of the door handles to lock. Very convenient!"

Solid, comfortable, safe and love the styling

By on Monday, June 22, 2015

"All around great cr with lots of cargo space. never have had single issue with it. All maintenance covered to 60.000+. All I have done is put on 4 new Michelins. Buying sheeps for drivers seat to prolong seat wear. I tend to drive to at least 100,000 as paid cash for it in 2011. Perfect car for me to haul all sorts of stuff from shavings for a horse stall, sample of hay , horse feed, etc. LOVE it, my 3rd wagon, one was V40, a little too small for me to feel safe on a trip to NE I take every year."

reliable, safe, but stodgy. soft ride

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

"Good for what it does. soft comfortable ride, mediocre handling but safe. Was t-boned, and the car saved my cups. When rear seats folded down, plenty of luggage space. Turbo is a necessity for a wagon of this weight. Overall, if you are looking for solid, but plain styling in a family wagon this is a good choice. But if you are want sportiness, styling and handling, look elsewhere."

Amazing wagon

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "The seats and smooth ride....like butter."

Cons: "Cornering but hey, its raised up wagon after all."

"T6 model in sport mode is a hoot. I have owned BMW, Mercedes and Acura and this car has raised the bar. Comfort, quiet and reliable. Need I say more."

AWESOME!!! Did I mention AWESOME!!!

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "Everything about this car is the PRO"

"Sold my wifes SUV and picked up the T6 XC70.....wow!!!! All wheel drive and awesome performance. Very comfortable, even for my being a novice body builder. I was so impressed by this vehicle I went out and bought one for myself too."

Good Vehicle

By on Sunday, September 27, 2009

"Excellent vehicle,best out of three volvos owned."

LOVE my little red wagon!

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Great in bad weather, perfect for the kids"

Cons: "max passenger space."

"I've driven this car for 4 years now, and still love it. My husband laughs at me for thinking that people drive terribly in the snow and bad weather... because my wagon makes it easy. She growls at snow! I drive the wagon to transport our most precious cargo (our 2 children) to and from school, as well as to the office every day. I do sometimes wish I had more passenger space, but other than that I've been more than happy with this car. Repairs can be pricey, but fortunately they're few and far between (ever heard of an "infotainment" unit?). I like that it stands out in a sea of minivans and obnoxious SUV's. I feel she's a great combination of practical and fun. I'm a firm believer in Volvo after this car."

spacious and sound with power in T6

By on Friday, April 17, 2015

Pros: "Opt for the T6 over XC70-much more powerful"

Cons: "poor white on beige instrumentation lettering ."

"Marginal mpg at 21 overall but hit 26.5 mpg on trip and it does run on mid grade. Expensive list but big discounts if willing to hassle. A nice luxury wagon if you plan to keep it past the early depreciation. Wonder how the high level of electronic displays and controls will hold up?"

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Great wagon with or without a family

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "engine, seats, cargo capacity"

Cons: "17-23mpg, fussy infotainment unit"

"I have always loved wagons. As a single professional male people have said, "why a wagon". If this happens to you, let them drive a 300hp wagon. Let them take a long drive in what are possibly the best seats in the industry. They will be able to bring all their gear and still have room to pick up more with the large cargo area. Once they experience the engine, seats and cargo space, they will understand the purchase. The fuel economy of 17-23mpg, is not bad considering you are in a safe car weighing approx. 4,000lbs. Spring for the platinum edition for all the bells and whistles."

Great car

By on Saturday, May 02, 2015

Pros: "Drives and rides great"

"We are older people and this car is a little hard for my wife to get in and out.We love the car except for this."

By on Monday, January 17, 2011

By on Wednesday, December 02, 2009

By on Saturday, November 08, 2008

One of the nicest Volvos I have owned.

By on Friday, August 14, 2015

Pros: "Good value for the money and holds value."

Cons: "Okay...city gas mileage is not so good."

"Simply, it's a great car. Comfortable for a long trip,yet still has the European ride and handling characteristics. This is my 11th Volvo since 1976, and my wife and I both have Volvos. Not bad, 11 cars in 40 yrs., all with over 125,000 miles when traded in for a new one. In 1980 there were three in the driveway, daughter was handed down the '76, since then there has always been two."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next